Back to Organic Solar Cells - Theory and Practice

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Organic Solar Cells - Theory and Practice by Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

The goal of the course is to give students awareness of the largest alternative form of energy and how organic / polymer solar cells can harvest this energy. The course provides an insight into the theory behind organic solar cells and describes the three main research areas within the field i.e. materials, stability and processing. NOTE: This course is a specialized course on organic solar cells. If you are looking for a more general solar cell course, we strongly recommend Introduction to solar cells (https://www.coursera.org/learn/solar-cells)....

ES

Nov 12, 2018

At first, there was a lot of chemistry which scared me a bit but I like how it was really linked to engineering. I loved it. I got exactly what I wanted to know about OPV technology.

MR

Oct 18, 2015

Great course, lots of material but really well presented. Touches all aspects of the organic solar cell production and the physical and chemical fundamentals behind it.

151 - 175 of 197 Reviews for Organic Solar Cells - Theory and Practice

By Jon M

Aug 15, 2017

Fun, informational course. There was a good deal of insight and information. There were some problems however with the quizzes and in the reporting of answers that led to a decrease in the overall quality.

By Zhen Y

Jul 22, 2017

Exceptional tutorials for getting to know the area

By Akash P

Feb 04, 2018

Nice course. Theory and practical application showed very beautifully.

By Sathy H R

Jul 14, 2017

Though in the start of this course, I felt some what that the course is slightly premature. But as the course goes on I learnt a lot of things which are quite useful.

By Sharice D

Sep 14, 2015

Maybe I missed the pre-requisites - I was unable to complete some of the questions correctly because I did not see any examples of how to answer the questions calling for calculations of formulas.

By Pavan A B

Aug 19, 2015

This course is really great.Enjoyed learning organic solar cells. Thank you for such a wonderful course.

By Elie B

May 14, 2016

Absolutely brilliant course, excellent content. Only problem is that it is impossible to get help if you need support.

By Alfred C

Nov 04, 2015

Very good course overall.

There was a problem with the formulas in several quizzes, though. One couldn't get the app to reflect a formula properly, which resulted in the questions being qualified as wrong.

Otherwise nice, interesting course

Congrats, and thanks for sharing your knowledge folks!

By Jonathan B

Jul 15, 2017

Great overview of organic solar cells

By meet

Nov 10, 2017

Great Course!

Can be taken up by Chemical Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering students. It would help you understand the technology of OPV to a greater level. Some lectures like the working of OPV would have made and presented in a better way by using some live models or some working prototypes. This was the only thing that lacked but overall the speakers were great and the content what they provided was excellent. The study material provided was decent enough to crack the tests. Thanks a lot for this course. Have a nice day!

By Robert D C

Nov 28, 2015

I would give this course a five based on the content it provides, but it lacks in three key areas. First, no forums, really? This is how we learn when we have NO instructor or TA support. They also lack workable calculations. Second, there was a GLARING error in a quiz that no one caught, showing a near complete lack of understanding of energy conversion. Third, the quiz engine has had a number of errors in the calculations. specifically in formula formatting. These are advanced systems that clearly need more testing. But all in all, this is GREAT content if you want to learn about organic (polymer OPV) solar cells.

By Lance W

Oct 13, 2015

Great introduction to the state, opportunities and challenges associated with Organic Photovoltaic systems.

By Andy C

Sep 22, 2015

The course gave me a good, in-depth understanding of OPVs and how further developing the technology surrounding them could help solve the energy crisis. The material was thorough and the quizzes were challenging without being frustrating and encouraged you to learn more about the topics discussed. My only problem was that I was unable to access a community forum so a few times I was stuck on an assignment and had no way to find out information to help me. Instead I just had to guess and work through it alone which wasn't horrible but I would have like to have been able to discuss it with other people taking the course. Overall a good course that has gotten me very excited about OPVs and the future of solar technology.

By Camilla S

Sep 10, 2018

Final quix should contain new questions

By Zozimus D L C

Nov 12, 2018

Good explanation on each headings

By Phạm D L

Oct 09, 2018

A Great course with practical view. Also a course reveals a bright future of organic solar cells. However, it would be better if the course exams have more questions.

By Harshit Y

Jul 04, 2019

Great course. helped me in understanding basics of OPV. They went more into production later. I wanted more understanding of new opportunities in OPV and the research work that is currently being carried out.

By Maharaja J

Jan 29, 2017

An Excellent Course

By Oleksandr M

Oct 16, 2019

Would like to get more information about physics behind OPVs

By Laura A D P

Sep 28, 2016

Es un curso muy bueno

By Sagar S

Dec 30, 2015

The course is great and the instructors very very knowledgeable. I am grateful to have been able to take this course. , but in the recorded session in quite a few places, the voice either fades away or is muted. It feels like we are missing some important stuff.

By Shrivaas S

Dec 02, 2015

Really liking it though am still in week one :)

By M S S K

Jan 21, 2018

The course is good unless you are keen learner, but some of the quiz question needs improvement or hint that will help us to pass.

By Ethanol J T

Jan 09, 2017

Very interesting, good balance between theory and field technical info

By Ilias A S

Apr 21, 2017

I feel like the courses have been too close to the information you can get through their linked website. I think this is overall a very good introduction and was very helpful.