Back to Introduction to solar cells

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to solar cells by Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

How do solar cells work, why do we need, and how can we measure their efficiency? These are just some of the questions Introduction to solar cells tackles. Whether you are looking for general insight in this green technology or your ambition is to pursue a career in solar, “Introduction to Solar Cells” is an excellent starting point. The course is a tour through the fundamental disciplines including solar cell history, why we need solar energy, how solar cells produce power, and how they work. During the course we cover mono- and multi-crystalline solar cells, thin film solar cells, and new emerging technologies. The course includes hands-on exercises using virtual instruments, interviews with field experts, and a comprehensive collection of material on solar cells. At the end of the course you will have gained a fundamental understanding of the field. This will allow you to identify the most interesting or relevant aspects to be pursued in your future studies or in your professional career....

AP

Dec 12, 2017

Very concise and to the point. Stable and calm teaching. Was my first foray into renewable energy and absolutely loved it. The course instructor was brilliant and had a stable command over the topic.

PM

Dec 27, 2019

This is the first coursera course I have taken and the first I have completed. It is an interesting topic and the format was great for getting an understanding of solar cell technology. good stuff.

201 - 225 of 243 Reviews for Introduction to solar cells

By Maksym K

Nov 26, 2017

Course is really good introduction to renewable energy and understandings of solar cells. I would like to say thanks for all people who made it. For me, I would like also to include more review of current renewable energy market (for example which companies are doing what; mentions about Tesla's powerwall was interesting and I would like to hear more about solutions like that).

By Velan K

Jun 07, 2018

It is a very good course if you would like to learn about the basics of solar cells, their types, manufacturing processes etc. The course consists of both calculations and theoretical concepts of solar technology. At the end of the course you will have the sufficient knowledge on the evolution of solar cells and what is expected in the future.

By Sean M E

Jul 20, 2019

Excellent introduction to the current state of technology of solar cells. It also gave in-depth teaching and examples as to how to calculate cell efficiencies and other fundamental concepts. The course has made me look at the technologies in a new light (hah!) and has stimulated my interest in exploring the subject further.

By Luis O L R

Mar 26, 2019

Good course with a lot of theory about the different technologies. You learn the firs steps to establish the efficiency of the solar cells technologies. I would like the course had more information about real application of the solar cell with the storage and use of the energy and how to decide this. 4.5/5

By Dhruv S

Aug 08, 2019

As the name suggests, it is just an introduction course and one should definitely follow up for in depth knowledge. Although the course provides a good overview on all the aspects of solar cell technology and is recommended to be completed for solar technology enthusiasts.

By Fatimah A

Mar 26, 2018

It was very useful and interesting general introduction of solar cells especially for beginners in this field, easy and convenient materials and understandable explanations from specialists that encourage you to continue the course to the end, I recommend it .

By Ilyas E G

Jun 10, 2018

Good introductory course on solar cells. Would have been interesting to perhaps have a week on the integration of solar as an energy resource in the grid. Overall the basics covered made me further understand limitations and advantages beyond the obvious.

By Eugene T B

Feb 18, 2019

Solid introduction into the world of solar cells! Nothing was taught to great depth, but as a general overview of the history, basic calculations, and production methods, the course does a great job.

By Seng H P

May 17, 2018

Great course to know the history and also the technologies advancement for solar cells through the years. Learn the different types of solar cells available, with their advantages and disadvantages.

By pratik k

Mar 30, 2019

please include 30 optional theoritical questions and answers so that we can revise our concepts well. and also give us pdf notes for all the chapters including slides also...

By Souryadeep B

Jul 16, 2018

This is extremely enlightening as a beginner course to photovoltaics. I have definitely been motivated to learn more on this topic through whatever sources in the future.

By Krzysztof A

Oct 03, 2017

A decent course on the fundamentals of solar cells. Advised for anyone interested in the subject before reaching for more advanced textbook publications or courses.

By Venkateswaran K N

Nov 30, 2018

Course gives an excellent overview to complete novices. Would recommend to learner's like me who are not in the solar field, looking to expand their knowledge.

By Matthijs F

Nov 10, 2019

For me, the topic of conventional solar technology was really interesting and useful. The other technologies discussed in the last week were a nice bonus.

By Wong Y

Nov 16, 2017

This course is really good and informative although I do not really understand certain parts clearly as I am not familiar with the technical terms used.

By Andrés F C B

Nov 08, 2017

The course is very interesting and present a useful way to understand the behavior and fabrication of solar cell through different technologies.

By Stephan L

Apr 28, 2019

One of the best courses I 've done on coursera. It is scientific and informative. In my opinion the didactic in the 1st week is just ok.

By adham m o

Oct 30, 2019

A great course I really enjoyed it as it fit into my need for being more aware of the terminologies and ideas related to solar cells.

Feb 16, 2019

Very interesting topic, very good selection of materials, but he exercises and quizzes were just to simple. At least for me.

By Bakare A A

Jan 01, 2020

This course is full of insights and I'm leaving here having learned a lot due to the simplicity and delivery of lecture

By Mohamed E

Aug 25, 2018

It is one of the most amazing courses in this field i am sure you will gain a lot of values through this course

By Malin A

Dec 04, 2017

I very good introduction to the topic! Good quizes and a good mix of video and complementary text.

By Alberto T

Sep 09, 2017

This is only one more step to my goals on the Sustainable Architecture career

By Krishnendu D

Aug 15, 2019

very good course to learn and building curiosity about the new topics