Back to Introduction to solar cells

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to solar cells by Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

How do solar cells work, why do we need, and how can we measure their efficiency? These are just some of the questions Introduction to solar cells tackles. Whether you are looking for general insight in this green technology or your ambition is to pursue a career in solar, “Introduction to Solar Cells” is an excellent starting point. The course is a tour through the fundamental disciplines including solar cell history, why we need solar energy, how solar cells produce power, and how they work. During the course we cover mono- and multi-crystalline solar cells, thin film solar cells, and new emerging technologies. The course includes hands-on exercises using virtual instruments, interviews with field experts, and a comprehensive collection of material on solar cells. At the end of the course you will have gained a fundamental understanding of the field. This will allow you to identify the most interesting or relevant aspects to be pursued in your future studies or in your professional career....

AP

Dec 12, 2017

Very concise and to the point. Stable and calm teaching. Was my first foray into renewable energy and absolutely loved it. The course instructor was brilliant and had a stable command over the topic.

CC

Apr 16, 2018

I have B.Sc and M.Sc in mechanical engineering and I will say that I'm really happy with taking this course.\n\nAs its name, the course provides a great introduction to solar cell technology.

151 - 175 of 222 Reviews for Introduction to solar cells

By Ashwin P

Mar 26, 2018

Very good introduction to solar cell technology and well structured course material.

By Keith M

May 01, 2018

This is a great course. Super informative, easy to follow along, and easy to learn and absorb. Thank you DTU.

By Karla C

Apr 17, 2019

I think that this course was really interesting, illustrative and encourage me to be more interested on solar cells.

By Kshitij K

Apr 18, 2019

Well written course. Starts from the very basics to advanced level. Quizzes have a fair amount of questions.

By daniel r g

Apr 18, 2019

nice for introduction over solar energy

By Patricio V

May 06, 2019

great course!!! thank you for teaching this course

By KAILASH K

May 09, 2019

excellent teaching learned alot

By Krithiga S

Apr 25, 2019

This course enhances the knowledge of basics and different types of solar cells.

By Swetha

Apr 30, 2019

Very well taught.

By Prudhvi R V

May 26, 2019

This course had really given me a detailed insight into the field of solar technologies and the possibilities in the future.

By João C V P

May 30, 2019

Very interesting and an excellent introduction for those who are intrigued about this new technology.

By Marcos L C

Jun 10, 2019

Perfect

By ADITYA M B

Jun 21, 2019

informative

By Runze S

Jun 26, 2019

For a person who has only a superficial understanding of solar cells, I have a deeper understanding of it after learning the course. At least I have a clear idea on the background and main principles of solar energy.

By David

Jul 05, 2019

A nice course with very interesting topics and easy mathematics problems and videos talking about history, present and future of solar cells

By Surjayan B

Jul 07, 2019

Awesome. Looking forward to attend more course.

By Kentrail G

Jul 09, 2019

Great introductory course to learning about solar power

By Sumukh S

Jul 15, 2019

Excellent course. I felt that lecture notes could be provided before the start of the lecture in the form a PDF document.

By Ruban P K

Jul 15, 2019

It was very informative and well designed course. Motivated to learn more about different types of Solar cells and to implement my knowledge.

By Mauricio M

Jul 30, 2019

It covered almost every aspect of the subject that I was expecting to learn about. I really enjoyed the proposed video-reading dynamic, and the length of these resources was appropriate.

By Jeremy M

Aug 02, 2019

Very interesting and well presented. Provides a great base knowledge in solar cell theory, production and trends.

By Prasant K

Aug 01, 2019

Wonderful experience of learning

By Muhammad Y B

Aug 10, 2019

This was my first course, it was interesting, it encouraged me to learn more from such online courses.

By GIRIRAJ S P

Aug 18, 2019

i learned all basics about solar cell, all different types,their methods of manufacturing, uses,etc.

the course was so good and had so much interesting knowledge