Back to Introduction to solar cells

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to solar cells by Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

How do solar cells work, why do we need, and how can we measure their efficiency? These are just some of the questions Introduction to solar cells tackles. Whether you are looking for general insight in this green technology or your ambition is to pursue a career in solar, “Introduction to Solar Cells” is an excellent starting point. The course is a tour through the fundamental disciplines including solar cell history, why we need solar energy, how solar cells produce power, and how they work. During the course we cover mono- and multi-crystalline solar cells, thin film solar cells, and new emerging technologies. The course includes hands-on exercises using virtual instruments, interviews with field experts, and a comprehensive collection of material on solar cells. At the end of the course you will have gained a fundamental understanding of the field. This will allow you to identify the most interesting or relevant aspects to be pursued in your future studies or in your professional career....

AP

Dec 12, 2017

Very concise and to the point. Stable and calm teaching. Was my first foray into renewable energy and absolutely loved it. The course instructor was brilliant and had a stable command over the topic.

CC

Apr 16, 2018

I have B.Sc and M.Sc in mechanical engineering and I will say that I'm really happy with taking this course.\n\nAs its name, the course provides a great introduction to solar cell technology.

51 - 75 of 225 Reviews for Introduction to solar cells

By José G d C A

Feb 24, 2018

Truly amazing experience. Gives more and deeper information than expected about the Solar energy basics, Solar Cells basics, their technologies, manufacturing, state-of-the-art and future.

By Gautam D

Nov 11, 2017

A very well defined course for beginners.

By SaiLokesh P

Nov 28, 2017

It was really fun to learn the intriguing and amazing facts as well as techniques about the solar cells and its technology. The course was prodigious and was really helpful.

By Emily W

Nov 06, 2017

This is an excellent overview of solar technology. Highly recommend it.

By Max M

Sep 17, 2017

Well designed and executed course. I will recommend to others.

By Tsiflikas E

Jan 07, 2018

Pefert......Introduction to solar cells

By Hemalatha

Sep 21, 2017

Very good instructor and clear content

By Bassem A E S

Oct 04, 2017

very useful course!

By Aditya P

Dec 12, 2017

By Mahadeo S

Dec 29, 2017

Course has covered all the kind of solar cell technologies and their advantages and opportunities for further improvement. With this course my knowledge in solar has really improved lot and will help me in many ways. My heartfelt compliments to all the associated professionals and professors for bringing out this new subject very well. Thank you so much for the opportunity I got through Coursera for this learning..

By Chen C

Apr 16, 2018

As its name, the course provides a great introduction to solar cell technology.

By Rebeca T

Jan 20, 2018

I really enjoyed the course. I think everthing's clear and have a good organization. Also the information of the course is good enough to understand it. Thanks!

By Vaibhav V

Oct 29, 2017

very informative and it gives you the basic knowledge of solar cells

By Marie P

Jan 04, 2018

Very interresting course, the teacher and the course is very clear. The subject is quite complicated and it had been made simpler for the beginners in solar systems.

Jul 08, 2018

Great course!

By Ilsur K

Jan 10, 2018

Interesting and informative course, easy to follow.

By Aniruddha T

Oct 15, 2017

I simply loved this course. This course provides enough details for anyone to begin in the solar engineering field. Morten has provided enough additional resources for anyone to get indepth insight into various concepts.

I am a structural Engineer, and yet I was able to grasp most of the concepts provided by the instructor.

Oct 11, 2017

This is a very good and informative course. Now I fully understand the importance of solar cell and how the sun is an important renewable energy source.

By Alexandre S

Sep 21, 2017

Really liked the course! Hopefully someday there will be an easy "do it yourself" kit for home organic cell production.

By JOHN Q

Aug 23, 2017

Fun and interesting course. I've been meaning to learn the science of solar cells for some time now. Thanks so much!

By ullasa k

Aug 22, 2017

Really enlightened with the concept of solar cell technology . Course nicely constructed with vast amount materials for further reading and understanding.

By Karthik

Dec 13, 2017

This Course is very useful and informative

By Ning D

Oct 16, 2017

Very informative!

By Ahmed R E

Oct 19, 2017

informative , organised , light , a well- made introduction - provides an additional source - good instructors

By Artur R

Feb 24, 2018

The course is very clear and interestingly run. It was a very nice time.