Back to Introduction to solar cells

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to solar cells by Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

How do solar cells work, why do we need, and how can we measure their efficiency? These are just some of the questions Introduction to solar cells tackles. Whether you are looking for general insight in this green technology or your ambition is to pursue a career in solar, “Introduction to Solar Cells” is an excellent starting point. The course is a tour through the fundamental disciplines including solar cell history, why we need solar energy, how solar cells produce power, and how they work. During the course we cover mono- and multi-crystalline solar cells, thin film solar cells, and new emerging technologies. The course includes hands-on exercises using virtual instruments, interviews with field experts, and a comprehensive collection of material on solar cells. At the end of the course you will have gained a fundamental understanding of the field. This will allow you to identify the most interesting or relevant aspects to be pursued in your future studies or in your professional career....

AP

Dec 12, 2017

Very concise and to the point. Stable and calm teaching. Was my first foray into renewable energy and absolutely loved it. The course instructor was brilliant and had a stable command over the topic.

PM

Dec 27, 2019

This is the first coursera course I have taken and the first I have completed. It is an interesting topic and the format was great for getting an understanding of solar cell technology. good stuff.

51 - 75 of 251 Reviews for Introduction to solar cells

By David

Jul 05, 2019

A nice course with very interesting topics and easy mathematics problems and videos talking about history, present and future of solar cells

By Khawaja M J

Jan 23, 2018

Fantastic overview and detailed view of the manufacturing side of solar cells. Now I need a course for designing a solar powered system.

By Enelysion

Nov 19, 2017

excellent course that covers the whole solar cell industry with very nice interactive webtools and a lot of extra supplementary reading

By Venkatesh R

Feb 25, 2018

Dope ass course, catered for people who don't want to be specialists but entrepreneurs. Thanks to professor and shout out to coursera!

By kasun b

Apr 22, 2018

Very good introductory course for people interested in solar cell technology. A good stepping stone to learn more about the subject.

By Yonatan K

Jan 21, 2018

Very interesting course, it covers the headlines of solar energy and gives good general background. The course is easy and fun.

By Jake F

Oct 05, 2017

This course was very accessible, well organized, incredibly interesting, and properly broad while not getting overly technical.

By Monika M

Sep 06, 2017

This course is very useful to get you knowledge about solar cell technologies gathered and systematize. I highly recommend it!

By Johan B

Nov 28, 2018

Really a good introduction, well explained. Quality in the material, good teacher, good tasks. Really thanks to the professor

By Prudhvi R V

May 26, 2019

This course had really given me a detailed insight into the field of solar technologies and the possibilities in the future.

By Miguel A

Sep 11, 2019

For me the course was important because it addresses various types of cells, and I also learned how organic cells are made.

By Alberto F F

May 20, 2018

Highly recommended if you are interesting in renewable energies and in special of the big resource that are the solar cells

By Jose B

Nov 03, 2017

Great course, a good mix of high level of details makes it quite easy to follow and grasp. Congratulations to the DTU team

By Christopher T H

Nov 15, 2019

The course was very insightful as well as engaging. I highly enjoyed the knowledge and information gained from the course

By Sumukh S

Jul 15, 2019

Excellent course. I felt that lecture notes could be provided before the start of the lecture in the form a PDF document.

By Octav F

Jan 21, 2018

On point; Interesting & engaging;

Encourages and provides materials for further exploration;

Up to date with the technology

By Antonio U E G

Jan 29, 2018

Great course, I love the idea of using the sun to power our lives. I think this introductional course is very complete.

By Alexandre S

Sep 21, 2017

Really liked the course! Hopefully someday there will be an easy "do it yourself" kit for home organic cell production.

By Alejandro E R N

Jul 10, 2018

Lot of useful information and always mention the advantages and disadvantages, which will encourage us to be critical.

By Михаил С

Mar 25, 2018

Thank you. I know more theory than in university during 2 years;) But in univercity I have the oppurtunity to practise

By JOHN Q

Aug 23, 2017

Fun and interesting course. I've been meaning to learn the science of solar cells for some time now. Thanks so much!

By Karla C

Apr 17, 2019

I think that this course was really interesting, illustrative and encourage me to be more interested on solar cells.

By Jeremy M

Aug 02, 2019

Very interesting and well presented. Provides a great base knowledge in solar cell theory, production and trends.

By KAUSTAV B

Jul 22, 2018

MOST AMAZING EXPERIENCE I HAD AND WHICH I PUT TO FULL USE AND ALSO GOT TO LEARN WHOLE LOT OF USEFUL INFORMATION.

By Hany H

Jun 22, 2018

Awesome course and awesome lecturer, definitely would recommend it to anyone who's interested in solar energy.