Back to Introduction to solar cells

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to solar cells by Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

How do solar cells work, why do we need, and how can we measure their efficiency? These are just some of the questions Introduction to solar cells tackles. Whether you are looking for general insight in this green technology or your ambition is to pursue a career in solar, “Introduction to Solar Cells” is an excellent starting point. The course is a tour through the fundamental disciplines including solar cell history, why we need solar energy, how solar cells produce power, and how they work. During the course we cover mono- and multi-crystalline solar cells, thin film solar cells, and new emerging technologies. The course includes hands-on exercises using virtual instruments, interviews with field experts, and a comprehensive collection of material on solar cells. At the end of the course you will have gained a fundamental understanding of the field. This will allow you to identify the most interesting or relevant aspects to be pursued in your future studies or in your professional career....

AP

Dec 12, 2017

Very concise and to the point. Stable and calm teaching. Was my first foray into renewable energy and absolutely loved it. The course instructor was brilliant and had a stable command over the topic.

CC

Apr 16, 2018

I have B.Sc and M.Sc in mechanical engineering and I will say that I'm really happy with taking this course.\n\nAs its name, the course provides a great introduction to solar cell technology.

26 - 50 of 223 Reviews for Introduction to solar cells

By AYUSH N

Mar 14, 2019

You get to learn many new things this course is definitely beneficial for electrical students

By olga t

Mar 18, 2019

I really think the teacher has made an excellent effort to teach about solar cells as a whole. A great synthesis work , very clear and very comprehensive. Congratulations.

By javier h

Nov 23, 2018

He encontrado el curso muy interesante, conciso con lo que se explica y a la vez profundizando un poco en cada tema, lo suficiente. También resume y queda claro todos los temas entre el soporte de video y de lectura. Me ha gustado mucho. Gracias!

By daniel

Jan 19, 2019

Very very good.

By Edisson M J

Mar 09, 2019

The basics of this science, so well and didaticatically covered in this course, will be very important to my start as researcher in this promising, but also challeging, field of investigation.

By Alejandro E R N

Jul 10, 2018

Lot of useful information and always mention the advantages and disadvantages, which will encourage us to be critical.

By Ahmed A

Sep 07, 2018

Amazing course <3

By Ushnish D T

Sep 21, 2018

I am very glad I took up this course from Coursera. The contents and the study material of this course was pretty clear and to the point. It helped me gain a lot of knowledge through quizzes and illustrative videos. I would surely recommend this course to other people.

By Niyor S

Sep 15, 2018

It's a really great course to understand solar cell technologies. The content goes through the history os solar cells and goes various solar cell technologies. The course covers both the technical and economic aspects of solar cell technologies.

By Emilio B G

Aug 27, 2018

Fantastic introduction to solar cells course.

Absolutely recommended!

By Mostafa A A m

Aug 13, 2018

this course is amazing in this field

By Mihael P

Aug 15, 2018

very great intro to the technology

By Rahul T

Aug 31, 2018

This course was very useful and interesting as I learned about all the basics of solar cell technology, how it works, current market scenario, production methods of various types of cells, current research and development and the upcoming future aspects of Solar cell technology. It certainly improved my knowledge about solar energy to a large extent.

By Anthony P

Aug 30, 2018

Great introduction to solar cell technology! Recommended if you're curious about solar cell tech.

By Swapnil Y G

Aug 18, 2018

Very good course for beginners to who wants to study and work in this area.

By Erik Y S A

Sep 03, 2018

This course has helped me to know the first photovoltaic solar technologies. second and third generation and the processes carried out for its frabrication.

It has allowed me to understand the principle of operation of a photovoltaic solar cell; my knowledge in electronics and physics has increased.

Thanks to the team of the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) and Professor Morten Vesterager Madsen for the guidance and knowledge provided.

This course is 100% recommended

By Omar M E

Sep 03, 2018

REALLY GOOD FOR BEGINNERS

By Hamza R

Nov 06, 2018

Very useful info with fun.

By WALEED D K

Nov 18, 2018

A very good introductory course about solar cells.

Learned alot!

By Vandan A

Nov 07, 2018

NIice course, provides lot of information on Solar cells

By Jennifer P

Aug 21, 2018

This is a very well done course. The material is presented in a clear and understandable manner.

By KAUSTAV B

Jul 22, 2018

MOST AMAZING EXPERIENCE I HAD AND WHICH I PUT TO FULL USE AND ALSO GOT TO LEARN WHOLE LOT OF USEFUL INFORMATION.

By Aman A

Sep 11, 2017

very interesting course for a promising technology!

By Antonio U E G

Jan 29, 2018

Great course, I love the idea of using the sun to power our lives. I think this introductional course is very complete.

By Mikkel J

Sep 12, 2017

Great course with lots of content