Back to Introduction to solar cells

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to solar cells by Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

How do solar cells work, why do we need, and how can we measure their efficiency? These are just some of the questions Introduction to solar cells tackles. Whether you are looking for general insight in this green technology or your ambition is to pursue a career in solar, “Introduction to Solar Cells” is an excellent starting point. The course is a tour through the fundamental disciplines including solar cell history, why we need solar energy, how solar cells produce power, and how they work. During the course we cover mono- and multi-crystalline solar cells, thin film solar cells, and new emerging technologies. The course includes hands-on exercises using virtual instruments, interviews with field experts, and a comprehensive collection of material on solar cells. At the end of the course you will have gained a fundamental understanding of the field. This will allow you to identify the most interesting or relevant aspects to be pursued in your future studies or in your professional career....

AP

Dec 12, 2017

Very concise and to the point. Stable and calm teaching. Was my first foray into renewable energy and absolutely loved it. The course instructor was brilliant and had a stable command over the topic.

PM

Dec 27, 2019

This is the first coursera course I have taken and the first I have completed. It is an interesting topic and the format was great for getting an understanding of solar cell technology. good stuff.

26 - 50 of 245 Reviews for Introduction to solar cells

By Marta C

Feb 06, 2019

A great course which covers all types of solar cells, their history, fabrication methods, advantages and problems. Clear videos and a lot of valuable illustrations, plus links to external resources. Highly recommended!

By Runze S

Jun 26, 2019

For a person who has only a superficial understanding of solar cells, I have a deeper understanding of it after learning the course. At least I have a clear idea on the background and main principles of solar energy.

By Tomas K

Feb 25, 2018

Great starting course for the beginners in the field. Well prepared, structured and focused. After the course I understand very well what is happening in the field, how all works and where should I go next.

By JOHN M

Dec 14, 2017

I found this course very informative, it was very well taught by

Morten Vesterager Madsen who explained everything well, unlike many lecturers / teachers I have had in the past. many thanks kind regards

By Aditya P

Dec 12, 2017

By Peter D M

Dec 27, 2019

By Edisson M J

Mar 09, 2019

The basics of this science, so well and didaticatically covered in this course, will be very important to my start as researcher in this promising, but also challeging, field of investigation.

By Chen C

Apr 16, 2018

I have B.Sc and M.Sc in mechanical engineering and I will say that I'm really happy with taking this course.

As its name, the course provides a great introduction to solar cell technology.

By José G d C A

Feb 24, 2018

Truly amazing experience. Gives more and deeper information than expected about the Solar energy basics, Solar Cells basics, their technologies, manufacturing, state-of-the-art and future.

By Mauricio M

Jul 30, 2019

It covered almost every aspect of the subject that I was expecting to learn about. I really enjoyed the proposed video-reading dynamic, and the length of these resources was appropriate.

By Lucien M

Nov 18, 2019

From the perspective of a non-renewable energy industry professional looking to move into the solar sector, this is a very good course for some basic fundamentals of solar cells.

By SaiLokesh P

Nov 28, 2017

It was really fun to learn the intriguing and amazing facts as well as techniques about the solar cells and its technology. The course was prodigious and was really helpful.

By olga t

Mar 18, 2019

I really think the teacher has made an excellent effort to teach about solar cells as a whole. A great synthesis work , very clear and very comprehensive. Congratulations.

By Subhasree M

Dec 10, 2017

This course was wonderful, had gained much knowledge about solar cells. I am expecting to have more courses on photovoltaics in coursera, since it is my field of interest.

By Marie P

Jan 04, 2018

Very interresting course, the teacher and the course is very clear. The subject is quite complicated and it had been made simpler for the beginners in solar systems.

By GIRIRAJ S P

Aug 18, 2019

i learned all basics about solar cell, all different types,their methods of manufacturing, uses,etc.

the course was so good and had so much interesting knowledge

By Rebeca T

Jan 20, 2018

I really enjoyed the course. I think everthing's clear and have a good organization. Also the information of the course is good enough to understand it. Thanks!

By Daniel A H T

Apr 06, 2019

Excelente curso, una muestra general de como funcionan las celdas fotovoltaicas y de los avances actuales sobre las tecnologías utilizadas para su fabricación.

By Lee S Y

Mar 09, 2018

Brilliant introduction to absolute beginners at the subject. I was able to understand the material fairly easily despite dropping physics early in high school.

By ARCHIT T

Nov 09, 2017

its really very very informative course thank you so much technical university of Denmark for this amazing course looking foreword for more courses from DTU

By ullasa k

Aug 22, 2017

Really enlightened with the concept of solar cell technology . Course nicely constructed with vast amount materials for further reading and understanding.

Oct 11, 2017

This is a very good and informative course. Now I fully understand the importance of solar cell and how the sun is an important renewable energy source.

By Mariella F

Sep 10, 2017

Very thorough explaining and good use of external resources to help understand. Teachers speak in a good pace and intonation that keeps you focused.

By Juan C

Jun 23, 2018

Maravilloso curso para comprender la operacion de las celdas solares y sus beneficios en la integracion a los sistemas de suministro electrico

By Ruban P K

Jul 15, 2019

It was very informative and well designed course. Motivated to learn more about different types of Solar cells and to implement my knowledge.