Back to Introduction to solar cells

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to solar cells by Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

How do solar cells work, why do we need, and how can we measure their efficiency? These are just some of the questions Introduction to solar cells tackles. Whether you are looking for general insight in this green technology or your ambition is to pursue a career in solar, “Introduction to Solar Cells” is an excellent starting point. The course is a tour through the fundamental disciplines including solar cell history, why we need solar energy, how solar cells produce power, and how they work. During the course we cover mono- and multi-crystalline solar cells, thin film solar cells, and new emerging technologies. The course includes hands-on exercises using virtual instruments, interviews with field experts, and a comprehensive collection of material on solar cells. At the end of the course you will have gained a fundamental understanding of the field. This will allow you to identify the most interesting or relevant aspects to be pursued in your future studies or in your professional career....

AP

Dec 12, 2017

Very concise and to the point. Stable and calm teaching. Was my first foray into renewable energy and absolutely loved it. The course instructor was brilliant and had a stable command over the topic.

CC

Apr 16, 2018

I have B.Sc and M.Sc in mechanical engineering and I will say that I'm really happy with taking this course.\n\nAs its name, the course provides a great introduction to solar cell technology.

101 - 125 of 225 Reviews for Introduction to solar cells

By Bassem A E S

Oct 04, 2017

very useful course!

By Aditya P

Dec 12, 2017

By Mahadeo S

Dec 29, 2017

Course has covered all the kind of solar cell technologies and their advantages and opportunities for further improvement. With this course my knowledge in solar has really improved lot and will help me in many ways. My heartfelt compliments to all the associated professionals and professors for bringing out this new subject very well. Thank you so much for the opportunity I got through Coursera for this learning..

By Chen C

Apr 16, 2018

As its name, the course provides a great introduction to solar cell technology.

By Rebeca T

Jan 20, 2018

I really enjoyed the course. I think everthing's clear and have a good organization. Also the information of the course is good enough to understand it. Thanks!

By Vaibhav V

Oct 29, 2017

very informative and it gives you the basic knowledge of solar cells

By Marie P

Jan 04, 2018

Very interresting course, the teacher and the course is very clear. The subject is quite complicated and it had been made simpler for the beginners in solar systems.

Jul 08, 2018

Great course!

By Ilsur K

Jan 10, 2018

Interesting and informative course, easy to follow.

By Aniruddha T

Oct 15, 2017

I simply loved this course. This course provides enough details for anyone to begin in the solar engineering field. Morten has provided enough additional resources for anyone to get indepth insight into various concepts.

I am a structural Engineer, and yet I was able to grasp most of the concepts provided by the instructor.

Oct 11, 2017

This is a very good and informative course. Now I fully understand the importance of solar cell and how the sun is an important renewable energy source.

By Enelysion

Nov 19, 2017

excellent course that covers the whole solar cell industry with very nice interactive webtools and a lot of extra supplementary reading

By Pavan P

Dec 08, 2017

This course gives good basic knowledge about how solar cells are useful in our daily life purpose

By Rishabh A

Jan 16, 2018

Great Course and the teacher made the subject really interesting.

By NGUYEN V N N

Jan 24, 2018

I have found this course very interesting and fast paced. After this course, I have a high level understanding of the various advantages and disadvantages of the commonly used solar cell. I will use this information to propose solar cell at my workplace.

By Mano s

May 12, 2018

this course provides great insight into the world of solar cells and alternative energy.

By Ansh D P

Apr 09, 2018

AMAZING COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!

By Jose B

Nov 03, 2017

Great course, a good mix of high level of details makes it quite easy to follow and grasp. Congratulations to the DTU team

By Gabor S

Dec 31, 2017

Best overview of the solar cells technology.

By Mufaddal I G

Mar 18, 2018

Exceptional course and teacher

By Hany H

Jun 22, 2018

Awesome course and awesome lecturer, definitely would recommend it to anyone who's interested in solar energy.

By Diego F d O

Dec 04, 2017

E great course that explains the basics about a large variety of solar cells technologics.

By Inmaculada C R

Dec 13, 2017

I've enjoyed very much the course.

By Kyle H

Feb 21, 2018

The course was done very well. I would take more courses like this.

By Anurag N

Dec 13, 2017

Awesome and also helped me to gain knowledge in solar technologies