Back to Introduction to solar cells

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to solar cells by Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

How do solar cells work, why do we need, and how can we measure their efficiency? These are just some of the questions Introduction to solar cells tackles. Whether you are looking for general insight in this green technology or your ambition is to pursue a career in solar, “Introduction to Solar Cells” is an excellent starting point. The course is a tour through the fundamental disciplines including solar cell history, why we need solar energy, how solar cells produce power, and how they work. During the course we cover mono- and multi-crystalline solar cells, thin film solar cells, and new emerging technologies. The course includes hands-on exercises using virtual instruments, interviews with field experts, and a comprehensive collection of material on solar cells. At the end of the course you will have gained a fundamental understanding of the field. This will allow you to identify the most interesting or relevant aspects to be pursued in your future studies or in your professional career....

AP

Dec 12, 2017

Very concise and to the point. Stable and calm teaching. Was my first foray into renewable energy and absolutely loved it. The course instructor was brilliant and had a stable command over the topic.

PM

Dec 27, 2019

This is the first coursera course I have taken and the first I have completed. It is an interesting topic and the format was great for getting an understanding of solar cell technology. good stuff.

101 - 125 of 545 Reviews for Introduction to solar cells

By Lee S Y

Mar 09, 2018

Brilliant introduction to absolute beginners at the subject. I was able to understand the material fairly easily despite dropping physics early in high school.

By ANKIT K S

Aug 08, 2020

The Course is very informative. The content was updated. I strongly believed that the knowledge I consumed through the course will help me in the near future.

By ARCHIT T

Nov 09, 2017

its really very very informative course thank you so much technical university of Denmark for this amazing course looking foreword for more courses from DTU

By Olaya S R

May 04, 2020

Proffesor and colleades explained the topics quite clear and in a order that every topic could be followed. Really helpful and motivating to keep learning.

By ullasa k

Aug 22, 2017

Really enlightened with the concept of solar cell technology . Course nicely constructed with vast amount materials for further reading and understanding.

By Juan J M T

Apr 22, 2020

Excellent, a lot of interesting information and a wider and simple to understand explination of the solar cell industry and materials that are being use.

By UDAY V S

It is a awesome course . It gives insight of solar cell technology and its potential in the near future.The course is well divided into various modules.

Oct 11, 2017

This is a very good and informative course. Now I fully understand the importance of solar cell and how the sun is an important renewable energy source.

By Ramiro A G

Jul 16, 2020

A very complete introducion to history, working principles, advantages, disadvantages and manufacturing processes of different solar cell technologies.

By Ashan I

Jul 10, 2020

First of all I want to thank you for introducing this course. I was able to learn a lot of things in detail here. Glad about that and thank you again.

By Mariella F

Sep 10, 2017

Very thorough explaining and good use of external resources to help understand. Teachers speak in a good pace and intonation that keeps you focused.

By Dr. B G

Remarkably well organized. Will test your mathematics and analytical skills. Takes it to a whole new level. The technology itself is an eye opener.

By MOHAMED M P

Aug 04, 2020

I have learned a lot regarding solar cells through this course and I hope it will help me in further jobs with the solar related industries.

By Juan C

Jun 23, 2018

Maravilloso curso para comprender la operacion de las celdas solares y sus beneficios en la integracion a los sistemas de suministro electrico

By Zhenya F

Aug 25, 2020

Great solar technology primer. The course was exactly what I wanted it to be. Many quiz feedback forms had minor spelling and wording errors.

By Ruban P K

Jul 15, 2019

It was very informative and well designed course. Motivated to learn more about different types of Solar cells and to implement my knowledge.

By David

Jul 05, 2019

A nice course with very interesting topics and easy mathematics problems and videos talking about history, present and future of solar cells

By Shankhaneel B

Sep 14, 2020

It was a great Learning experience. Looking forward to into more details of renewable energy in future. Kudos to all the course instructors

By Stefan R

Sep 11, 2020

I very much enjoyed this course and i think other will also find it being so. Great instructor that made it less challenging and more fun !

By Andrea G

Jul 25, 2020

I personally thank the teacher and Coursera for this super interesting and clear course. I really hope to see more courses like this one.

By Khawaja M J

Jan 23, 2018

Fantastic overview and detailed view of the manufacturing side of solar cells. Now I need a course for designing a solar powered system.

By Mervin X L

Brief but detailed introduction to solar cells, I would take more advanced classes with this lecturer and his colleagues in the future.

By Enelysion

Nov 19, 2017

excellent course that covers the whole solar cell industry with very nice interactive webtools and a lot of extra supplementary reading

By rahul d 1

Apr 30, 2020

I have learned many basics about solar cells. Every module of this course was well organized and very effective for beginner students.

By Venkatesh R

Feb 25, 2018

Dope ass course, catered for people who don't want to be specialists but entrepreneurs. Thanks to professor and shout out to coursera!