Back to Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries by École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne

Have you come across large piles of garbage in neighbourhoods and streets and smelly waste disposal sites polluting the environment of low- and middle-income countries? Do you want to know what kind of sustainable solutions are appropriate to better manage waste and enhance recycling and recovery? If yes, this course is for you! This course provides you with an overview of the municipal solid waste management situation in low- and middle-income countries. It covers key elements of the waste management system, such as its technical, environmental, social, financial and institutional aspects. Besides understanding the challenges, you will be introduced to appropriate and already applied solutions through selected case studies....

CP
Aug 14, 2020

Understandable and easy to access to reading materials recommended in each modules. Benefits to current jobs and will recommend this course to colleagues who have no background on this issue to study.

AN

This course is very well designed and easy to understand because of dedicated and experience personnel who are delivering the content. Use of case study is well planned at various sections in course.

101 - 125 of 916 Reviews for Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries

By Vasavi A

Dec 2, 2018

This is a very well designed course and takes in examples from across different countries and streams of waste. Very useful for someone who wants to get an understanding of what is being done across different developing countries and then implement the same in their own community/country.

By susanna c

Mar 4, 2017

I enjoyed this course very much. I found it informative and comprehensive. Gave me a good understanding of (sm) waste related settings and issues and possible solutions. Am shocked at the e-waste numbers. Fascinated by composting and bfs methods.

There are just too many of us though!!

By Adriana G L

Feb 28, 2016

La primera semana estuvo increíble! Sobrepaso mis expectativas, es un curso altamente recomendable para aquellos con interés en el manejo integral de residuos sólidos pero también impacta y hace reflexionar a cualquier persona sobre residuos sólidos. Este curso es para cualquier persona.

By Letícia S R

Dec 29, 2020

Curso com conteúdo denso. Há grande esforço em discutir os aspectos técnico-científicos e de governança acerca da gestão de resíduos com base no contexto dos países do Sul Global. Excelente curso para pesquisadores e gestores públicos e privados que atuam na gestão dos resíduos sólidos.

By Mohamed I

Aug 3, 2020

I really enjoyed learning here. Everything including the reading materials, delivery, organization of learning platform made it very convenient to grasp the knowledge and achieve my desired goals. Thank you for the excellent conduct and information sharing. Happy learning everyone.

By Diego R V

Mar 3, 2017

Adorei!! Os profissionais e os temas abordados são muito pertinentes e valiosos. Agradeço imensamente a oportunidade de compartilhar destes saberes e os parabenizo pela iniciativa e pela disposição em difundir conhecimentos técnicos para melhorar a qualidade de vida das populações.

By Julia J

Sep 8, 2020

I genuinely appreciated how there were multiple modes of learning, as well as how reading materials are somewhat incentivized. Of course, the videos were informative as it is, but the reading materials were in my opinion necessary to fully grasp the topics discussed in the videos.

By Premvignesh S A

In fact, I never thought that, these many technique and process are there in solid waste management. It is a fantastic course and to gain knowledge irrespective of the carrier, everyone has to go thru. this course.

I Thank Lectures and the team members.

Thank you all.

Best Wishes,

By Anders M

Dec 10, 2020

Very good introduction to the topic, with a good combination of basic and more detailed information, approaches and examples. Some of the content will be very useful for me as background knowledge when supporting the implementation on municipal waste management projects in Nepal.

By Narendra S

Oct 10, 2020

Very nice course and learnt a lot about how to manage waste in developing countries. But I would like to suggest preparing such a module on small towns in developing countries. This current course focussed more on large cities. Also, there can be more focus on governance aspects.

By Alan J

Jan 19, 2018

Muy buen curso, muy completo, que da una visión general de todos los aspectos relacionados con el tratamiento de residuos y brinda varias herramientas para poder ser utilizadas a la hora de decidir la estrategia más adecuada en la gestión de residuos urbanos de un municipio dado.

By Sumair G

Aug 3, 2020

Detailed and comprehensive course with hands on practical demonstration of the methods for effective solid waste managment techniques as well as governance aspects. Highly recommended. The instructors are very easy to understand and present all the concepts in a detailed manner.

By Alejandro F P C

Jan 16, 2018

Un gran curso, que ha complementado mis conocimientos en la gestión ambiental de los residuos sólidos, lo recomiendo completamente inclusive si no te manejas bien en el ingles, el curso esta subtitulado y puedes apoyarte con traductores online a la hora de realizar los exámenes.

By Mahesh P S

May 5, 2020

I really appreciate the way you have crafted the course with videos example. I am leaving in Ethiopia and here there is no waste management system specially town side. I will be happy to work under your guidance. if you are interested please mail me on maheshshettar2@gmail.com

By Asyam M D

Mar 21, 2017

This helps me through my solid waste management course at my university, although things explained here are not detailed (in general). This also expands my knowledge about solid waste management around the world, especially in developing countries (like my country, Indonesia).

By Alex J J

Apr 28, 2017

The Information provided is very useful the teaching styles are easy to accommodate. The breadth of understanding is great to cover a vast realm of subjects all across the globe. While at the same time the depth of information is just enough to build a desire to learn more.

By Bhavi P

May 16, 2020

Excellent course starting from beginning to the end. Specially I learnt many new things from the bonus lectures at the end of a particular week. A well designed course and very easy explanation for each and every topic to the point. Great Instructor and great assistant...

By Faisal S

Aug 13, 2016

Very informative and educational course!! Lectures and notes are well organized. Reasonable amount of time is required every week for lectures. It will expand your mind and will help you think critically on how to alleviate this very critical problem of waste management.

By Naw T K Z

Nov 24, 2019

I get the chance to see how the waste management process works,how biodegradable substances are composed and knowledge for planning a well organised municipal waste management system for my town. 😍 thank you to trainers for clear presentations and valuable experiences.

By Dalia A A A

Aug 11, 2020

This is a well structured and organized course. It is really increase my background on solid waste management especially in developing countries. Actual solid waste management examples from different countries improve well my understanding level of this course. Thanks

By Stefano P

Mar 21, 2016

It was a very interesting course, easy to follow also for those who, like me have not a backgroung in engineeiring. It is the first step to broaden your knowledge on solid waste management. It helped me understand what my priorities are and where to point my attention.

By Camilo A G M

Jan 19, 2021

Excellent course. It has an holistic view and it's palpable the experience of the team behind it. Besides, it provides a wide range of tecniques and tools, and offers diverse sources which allows further investigation. I'm very grategul of have taking this course.

By Marvin A R S

Oct 2, 2016

Es un curso muy bueno, con una carga teórica y conceptual de alto nivel, además, las experiencias que se comparten en el mismo enriquecen el contenido y dan al estudiante ejemplos reales de la aplicabilidad de los conocimientos y de la resolución de los problemas.

By Dr M K

Jul 11, 2020

Very well organized. I have been taking Environmental Science and Engineering for UG, PG Engineering, and Ph.D. Scholars. Now I can well plan and would handle the classes accordingly. Will be in a position to give advice to the Our Treatment also. Great Course

By Valeria T L

Aug 13, 2020

I found it very interesting especially because is focused in developing countries I really liked that. All the stakeholders were experts and had a lot of knowledge in their field, I also appreciated that many other resources are available for future lectures.