Back to Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries by École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne

Have you come across large piles of garbage in neighbourhoods and streets and smelly waste disposal sites polluting the environment of low- and middle-income countries? Do you want to know what kind of sustainable solutions are appropriate to better manage waste and enhance recycling and recovery? If yes, this course is for you! This course provides you with an overview of the municipal solid waste management situation in low- and middle-income countries. It covers key elements of the waste management system, such as its technical, environmental, social, financial and institutional aspects. Besides understanding the challenges, you will be introduced to appropriate and already applied solutions through selected case studies....

CP

Aug 15, 2020

Understandable and easy to access to reading materials recommended in each modules. Benefits to current jobs and will recommend this course to colleagues who have no background on this issue to study.

AN

May 12, 2020

This course is very well designed and easy to understand because of dedicated and experience personnel who are delivering the content. Use of case study is well planned at various sections in course.

101 - 125 of 838 Reviews for Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries

By Alejandro F P C

Jan 17, 2018

Un gran curso, que ha complementado mis conocimientos en la gestión ambiental de los residuos sólidos, lo recomiendo completamente inclusive si no te manejas bien en el ingles, el curso esta subtitulado y puedes apoyarte con traductores online a la hora de realizar los exámenes.

By Mahesh P S

May 05, 2020

I really appreciate the way you have crafted the course with videos example. I am leaving in Ethiopia and here there is no waste management system specially town side. I will be happy to work under your guidance. if you are interested please mail me on maheshshettar2@gmail.com

By Asyam M D

Mar 21, 2017

This helps me through my solid waste management course at my university, although things explained here are not detailed (in general). This also expands my knowledge about solid waste management around the world, especially in developing countries (like my country, Indonesia).

By Alex J J

Apr 28, 2017

The Information provided is very useful the teaching styles are easy to accommodate. The breadth of understanding is great to cover a vast realm of subjects all across the globe. While at the same time the depth of information is just enough to build a desire to learn more.

By Bhavi P

May 16, 2020

Excellent course starting from beginning to the end. Specially I learnt many new things from the bonus lectures at the end of a particular week. A well designed course and very easy explanation for each and every topic to the point. Great Instructor and great assistant...

By Faisal S

Aug 13, 2016

Very informative and educational course!! Lectures and notes are well organized. Reasonable amount of time is required every week for lectures. It will expand your mind and will help you think critically on how to alleviate this very critical problem of waste management.

By Naw T K Z

Nov 24, 2019

I get the chance to see how the waste management process works,how biodegradable substances are composed and knowledge for planning a well organised municipal waste management system for my town. 😍 thank you to trainers for clear presentations and valuable experiences.

By Dalia A A A

Aug 12, 2020

This is a well structured and organized course. It is really increase my background on solid waste management especially in developing countries. Actual solid waste management examples from different countries improve well my understanding level of this course. Thanks

By Stefano P

Mar 21, 2016

It was a very interesting course, easy to follow also for those who, like me have not a backgroung in engineeiring. It is the first step to broaden your knowledge on solid waste management. It helped me understand what my priorities are and where to point my attention.

By Marvin A R S

Oct 02, 2016

Es un curso muy bueno, con una carga teórica y conceptual de alto nivel, además, las experiencias que se comparten en el mismo enriquecen el contenido y dan al estudiante ejemplos reales de la aplicabilidad de los conocimientos y de la resolución de los problemas.

By Dr M K

Jul 11, 2020

Very well organized. I have been taking Environmental Science and Engineering for UG, PG Engineering, and Ph.D. Scholars. Now I can well plan and would handle the classes accordingly. Will be in a position to give advice to the Our Treatment also. Great Course

By Valeria T L

Aug 13, 2020

I found it very interesting especially because is focused in developing countries I really liked that. All the stakeholders were experts and had a lot of knowledge in their field, I also appreciated that many other resources are available for future lectures.

By jesus g g v

Nov 06, 2017

Realmente el curso de mucha importancia para adquirir conocimientos Tecnicos sobre la Gestion Integral de Residuos solidos, los cuales aplicaremos aqui en el Municipio de Villazon Bolivia

Esperamos un curso mas avanzado, por la calidad que demostro este curso

By Frida A F F

May 26, 2017

Very interesting!, I learned a lot, which is very useful for my professional formation. I'm actually graduating from Eng. in Natural Renewable Resourses and I'm really looking forward to work in this sector. Thank you very much for uploading this course!

By Felipe A D V

Jul 31, 2018

The course is very good. It covers many topics of interest in the management of solid waste at the same time it details important legal and administrative aspects. It is undoubtedly an excellent course to have a first approach to solid waste management.

By Navy R A

Nov 13, 2016

Es un curso que te actualiza y te abre puertas para que continues indagando temas en el area de los residuos solidos. Me pareció un curso que brinda herramientas claves para poder aprender sobre el manejo de residuos solidos en países en desarrollo.

By S.Deepan M

Feb 29, 2016

Thanks COURSERA and special thanks to Dr. Christian Zurbrügg, Imanol Zabaleta ,Félix Schmidt for providing the vital materials ,techniques and strategy... if i'm not wrong ..this type of small things (MSWM) may change the world waste handling.....

By Mthandi V C

Feb 23, 2020

Greetings.

The course was absolutely amazing, and it totally exceeded my expectation. The outline and presentation of the course was easy to use and understand. The course is very relevant and does enhance one knowledge.

Kind regards

Mthandi V. Conco

By Kevin A C

Jun 25, 2018

This was the first course I took of the four courses offered by s SandecI have since taken all four and intent study sanitation management likely sewer and water at the California State University at Davis. Thank you much sincerely Kevin Cleveland

By Carlo M C

May 14, 2020

It contains original content. Presenters are well aware of the content of the course and very often add experiences that enrich the topics. I love that they present real cases so we can better understand concepts that might appear to be abstract.

By vivek v p

Aug 01, 2016

I was surprised to see web-based learning has achieved such a great level, and this course is exactly the manifestation of it. Powerful slides, excellent teaching and valuable data- these three things make this course one of the best on Coursera!

By BHAVISH K R K

Sep 29, 2020

It enlightened the threats that we are facing do u our mismanagement and motivated me to work on some aspects of the process. I way the course goes is explicit and loved every second of the course except the modules on policies and legislations.

By Ramu

Feb 09, 2017

It is a detailed course on the topic unlike others, insightful case studies from across the globe and other. Nice Infographics throughout the course . I strongly recommend everyone to look into the course and make our world a safe place to live.

By Pedro R

Mar 26, 2016

En mi opinion es un curso rapido, sintetico y completo referido a la gestion de los residuos que te abre la mente a posibilidades reales de aplicacion de los conocimientos adquiridos para solucionar los problemas en tu vecindario, ciudad o país.

By Paola A G

Aug 23, 2020

El curso ofrece conceptos y valores que a lo largo del estudio de los residuos han sido ignorados, creo que es importante tomar este curso sea o no tu rubro, debido a que todos hacemos basura, y con este conocimiento podemos ser mas conscientes