Back to Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries by École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne

Have you come across large piles of garbage in neighbourhoods and streets and smelly waste disposal sites polluting the environment of low- and middle-income countries? Do you want to know what kind of sustainable solutions are appropriate to better manage waste and enhance recycling and recovery? If yes, this course is for you! This course provides you with an overview of the municipal solid waste management situation in low- and middle-income countries. It covers key elements of the waste management system, such as its technical, environmental, social, financial and institutional aspects. Besides understanding the challenges, you will be introduced to appropriate and already applied solutions through selected case studies....

CP

Aug 15, 2020

Understandable and easy to access to reading materials recommended in each modules. Benefits to current jobs and will recommend this course to colleagues who have no background on this issue to study.

ES

Feb 27, 2017

Great introduction. It covers a wide range of issues concerning waste management and I thought the material was relevant and reflected my own observations of waste management in developing countries.

126 - 150 of 802 Reviews for Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries

By Rebeca d C C M

Oct 20, 2019

This course provides the necessary information about waste management and different aspects such as legal , economic and social. It gives the perfect introduction to topics such as, composting, biogas production and situational analysis

By Juan D B V

Sep 12, 2017

This course is a good review of solid wastes management, I want to know more about how to make renewable energies from solid wastes, I am Chemical Engineer and I want to work on this field thank you for your collaboration on this course

By ERIKA A

Mar 11, 2018

Me encantó el curso, lo conveniente para mi hubiera sido el curso en idioma español latino, todo el conocimiento adquirido me servirá mucho en mi carrera sobre Gestión ambiental estoy muy agradecida por brindarme toda esta información.

By Umesh K

Nov 03, 2017

Excellent Course , a must for all municipal and waste treatment plant employees. This is an important course esp for 3 rd world countrys where the problem is severe . very informative and gives all the necessary knowledge . Thank You

By ALFREDO J D L H S

Apr 29, 2017

I am a student of environmental engineering, I found a very interesting course, the way it is ecclicated and the answer to the one that was created makes me many tools like profecional. Thank the tutors for creating this great course.

By Sylvain V

Dec 04, 2016

Très bon cours, très bien présenté et structuré. Il donne un aperçu global, tout en allant dans le détails sur certains points importants. De plus, il donne pleins de sources complémentaires pour approfondir les sujets si besoin.

Merci

By Alessandra C

Nov 09, 2018

Wonderful course. Great for first timers and professionals. Active and responsive community. Overall I would recommend this course to everyone interested in learning more about solid waste management. I greatly enjoyed it. Thank you.

By Elias J W

Sep 06, 2017

This is a great course that gives a very broad, yet sufficiently technical overview of waste management in developing countries. The instructors are enthusiastic about the topics, and concepts are illustrated using real case studies.

By Kenneth S D

Jun 16, 2018

What I loved about this course is that each lesson flows fluidly into the next and it kept my interest with its special guests, case studies and pictures from the field. Thank you for your hard work in making this course, E.P.F.L.!!

By Gustavo R Z

Jan 18, 2020

This course teaches all you could ever possibly imagine about solid waste management. Excellent instructors. After concluding it, I will pursue sustainable waste management as my new line of work and start my environmental career.

By Nkansah S

Aug 24, 2020

My name is Nkansah Samuel. I am from Ghana and I work as an environmental inspector. This course has enlighten me on solid waste management. I now educate citizens on how to make compost to enrich soils of their backyard gardens.

By Priyank M

Very useful course. My idea of going through this course was to introduce myself with SWM and this course did that beautifully in an interactive manner. Thank you for creating such a delightful content with regular assessments.

By Ebenezer A

Jan 19, 2017

Its enlightened me and I'm planning of finding some financial aid to establish one in some cluster of villages in rural Ghana. and when that is tackled well on pilot, it will be brought to the Municipal and Metropolitan areas.

By Vishal Y

Jul 20, 2020

The course is true to its name it comes with information you need to manage solid waste of municipality and gave confidence to participate in policy making all of these with a simple language and enrich with facts and figures

By Trent E

Jun 27, 2016

SWM really helped me to understand all that goes into planning a service and the different ways to provide it. Composting and Recycling modules where helpful, as they help me to understand there is more to SWM than landfills.

By Ana L C

Dec 18, 2018

Enjoy the course very much.

I feel that it gave me the tools to think better and make better decisions regarding waste management in my community.

I am very thankful to the cursera team for making this course available to us.

By Kevin W

Mar 29, 2016

Very well-planned out course. One can see that the organisers put a lot of efforts into this (the slides, the guest speakers and the videos). I wanted to get a brief overview of this subject, but got so much more. Thanks!!

By Belkis C

Aug 16, 2016

Thanks for the course lecturers and providers .

It s a really great opportunity for whom to learn about MSW management. There are key points information about MSW management with enhanced visual materials from worldwide

By Antonio S

Aug 11, 2020

Great course! Excellent didatics of both instructors an good avaliation methods. I have also found the content of the course very revelant nad actual, convering all the aspects in the whole solid waste management chain.

By Suganth R

Jun 18, 2016

Well structured course which is presented excellently. Highly interesting and thought provoking. The topics covered were relevant to the context especially the diverse case studies. All credits to the teaching faculty.

By Nanfuka O

Oct 12, 2019

Very insightful course and loots of relevant information concerning the sector. I recommend it all to practitioners in the field of waste management in developing countries and also for enterprenuers in the same field.

By Stefan S

Mar 14, 2016

This is a brief and very informative course. The mixture of slides, lecture, small tasks and question is an ideal combination. The suggested readings gives the opportunity to get deeper into topics of special interest.

By Soham K

Mar 10, 2016

Wonderful and an inspirational course!

After completing the course, I'm going to try to make compost out of some household waste in my garden. I'll encourage my friends to also learn from the online documents available.

By Amir M S

Feb 26, 2016

An excellent introduction to the key aspects and challenges of waste management - useful for policy makers, researchers, engineers, social entrepreneurs and any one who wants to find out about this important part of

By Efegbidiki L O

Sep 05, 2020

This course was very educative and instructional for developing countries and practitioners on MSW. It should be encouraged for Regulators and Policy makers of Governments in developing countries to participate.