Back to Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries by École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne

Have you come across large piles of garbage in neighbourhoods and streets and smelly waste disposal sites polluting the environment of low- and middle-income countries? Do you want to know what kind of sustainable solutions are appropriate to better manage waste and enhance recycling and recovery? If yes, this course is for you! This course provides you with an overview of the municipal solid waste management situation in low- and middle-income countries. It covers key elements of the waste management system, such as its technical, environmental, social, financial and institutional aspects. Besides understanding the challenges, you will be introduced to appropriate and already applied solutions through selected case studies....

CP
Aug 14, 2020

Understandable and easy to access to reading materials recommended in each modules. Benefits to current jobs and will recommend this course to colleagues who have no background on this issue to study.

ES
Feb 26, 2017

Great introduction. It covers a wide range of issues concerning waste management and I thought the material was relevant and reflected my own observations of waste management in developing countries.

226 - 250 of 886 Reviews for Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries

By Jabri A

Jul 3, 2018

MSWM in DV is one of my favourite courses on the platform due to its rich course material and the clear English of the instructors. I am thankful that is it still for free.

By Jane R

Oct 3, 2016

The course gave me a vast knowledge about waste management in developing countries. I strongly recommend this course for professionals and concerned about waste management.

By JENISH A Z

The course was excellently designed in order to make us understand the whole scenario of Municipal Solid Waste Management in various Developing Countries across the world.

By Alex K

Dec 10, 2020

The modules are spot on in terms of content and depth. I would recommend this to anyone who is keen to make a difference in promoting a circular economy of all materials!

By FURQAN F

Oct 9, 2019

Good initiative by the authority. helped me a lot in getting knowledge about various aspects of landfill site and various other things related to solid waste management.

By Luciana

May 14, 2020

Me encantó el curso, aprendí muchísimo. Enseñan muy bien, toda la información es de gran importancia. Las imágenes, la bibliografía y la forma de enseñar es excelente!!.

By M R K

Apr 27, 2020

it is pertinent to mentioned that the course has been organized by a well trained and highly skilled professional staff in a very simple way with useful ingredients

By Fabio P

Apr 6, 2016

Amazing introduction to many concepts and techniques to manage municipal solid waste. Recommended to enthusiasts and also to practitioners within the environmental area.

By Kale S S

Jun 4, 2020

Excellent course. It will really help me to start a business or do research in MSW... Speakers are excellent backed by their field experience. Thank you team Coursera.

By Sergio S

Jun 25, 2016

The course was very complete and it covered all the aspects of solid waste management. It is really helpful to improve your skills and knowledge about waste management

By Juan P T M

May 13, 2020

Un curso fenomenal, donde complemente mi conocimiento adquirido en la universidad y espero aplicar todos estos aprendizajes en futuros proyectos que tengo planteados.

By Daniel S

Sep 20, 2020

Curso excelente con una metodología y dinámica increíbles y mucha información y conocimientos muy valiosos para ser aplicados en la vida profesional. Muy Agradecido.

By Sharun H

Apr 27, 2020

Really interesting topic and helps us get a better understanding of situation now.Also motivates us to take some initiatives by ourselves to improve the surrounding.

By Jon T

Feb 5, 2017

An excellent course. Well presented with some interesting slides. The content level was brilliant and there are plenty of reading material recommendations available.

By Luisa F B G

Apr 19, 2018

I loved the course. I hope to be able to use all the knowledge in my professional life, and from them to deepen in some aspects in order to apply it in my country.

By Gershon D

Jul 4, 2017

Very enlightening! It's very important to know the implications of our actions on the environment and this course has has covered all the essential lessons needed.

By Ofni A S C

Apr 9, 2016

Excelente curso, la informacion suministrada es muy interesante y completa, los ejemplos utilizados muestran la realidad mundial, Felicitaciones a los expositores.

By Savio J

Nov 23, 2020

Nice course.Well organized .Sample photos and case studies helped me to understand better. The english accent of some of the instructors were difficult to follow.

By Isabella V T

Jul 3, 2020

Outstanding course, I am from Brazil and I can really relate to a lot of things that were discussed on this course. I am looking foward to take the other courses.

By Juan d D G M

Jan 21, 2020

Me parecio un curso muy completo y con la información exacta y precisa, ademas de que dan información adicional para seguir aprendiendo sobre el tema. GRACIAS.!!

By Jonatan U

Jul 15, 2020

El curso me pareció excelente, se aprendió mucho y se dieron muchos ejemplos prácticos y reales de situaciones por las que se encuentran varios países del mundo

By María A G G

Apr 18, 2020

El curso es muy bueno, los materiales de apoyo son de excelente calidad y muy claros, y los profesores hacen el curso ameno. Realmente superó mis expectativas.

By K. S S

Jul 5, 2020

This is very helpful for me to know more about the waste management and also useful for me to start a new business in the area of waste management. Thank you

By Gizem E

Apr 22, 2017

I loved the course. I would like to see more courses about waste management, especially waste to energy technologies. It can also be longer with more details.

By Jose A S V

Sep 7, 2020

Excelente curso, complemente a mi carrera de licenciatura en saneamiento y ambiente, amplias mucho los conocimientos sobre los residuos y como manejar estos.