Back to Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries by École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne

Have you come across large piles of garbage in neighbourhoods and streets and smelly waste disposal sites polluting the environment of low- and middle-income countries? Do you want to know what kind of sustainable solutions are appropriate to better manage waste and enhance recycling and recovery? If yes, this course is for you! This course provides you with an overview of the municipal solid waste management situation in low- and middle-income countries. It covers key elements of the waste management system, such as its technical, environmental, social, financial and institutional aspects. Besides understanding the challenges, you will be introduced to appropriate and already applied solutions through selected case studies....

CP
Aug 14, 2020

Understandable and easy to access to reading materials recommended in each modules. Benefits to current jobs and will recommend this course to colleagues who have no background on this issue to study.

AN

This course is very well designed and easy to understand because of dedicated and experience personnel who are delivering the content. Use of case study is well planned at various sections in course.

101 - 125 of 975 Reviews for Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries

By Catalina S

Jul 1, 2018

I am just an amateur in municipal solid waste, my intention was to learn more and fulfill my curiosity in the filed. I must say that the course has exceeded my expectations, both in content and way of presenting. I am glad I could take it beside a full time job, it's comprehensive, but very nicely laid out.

By Darshit U

May 1, 2020

I found this course very useful for beginner/mid-level students, professionals, policymakers, etc. Study through statistic data and real case study is really enjoyable and I never felt boring lecture. I wish I could attend more lectures from the same authors in a similar area. Overall Experience: Excellent

By Abdifatah M

Jun 29, 2021

It was amazing course I learned valuable things about solid waste managment from point of generation to final disposal or recycling. The different technologies available in each stage some case studies from around the world and massive valuable resource in each week which are freely available to download.

By Yaa A O A

Aug 12, 2017

It was a very holistic programmes and I learnt a lot of technicalities with regard to waste management. I learnt that waste management is not as easy as it seems, and requires the willingness of each and every stakeholder to make it a success. Thank you so much for this programme. I'm happy I enrolled.

By Chief B

Aug 3, 2020

I learned to very much. My understanding about the impact and power of my consumption has blown my mind. I am starting a business in Sri Lanka to fight plastic pollution by selling biodegradable alternatives, and this course has made it clear to me how I can manage my extended producer responsibility.

By Shashwat P

Jun 4, 2020

The course is amazing. The best part is the waste management outlook from the lower-middle-income country. The lectures were fast and quick with proper resources citations for further studies. I very much recommend it to the people who are really annoyed by those garbage/dumping sites in their cities.

By Paula S

Jun 26, 2021

I​t was an incredible course, very well presented, full of resources and sources.

I​t was so interesting and full of content, one must count more than the suggested time for each week, because you just need to dive in, stop the presentation, take notes, read the suggested sources and references etc.

By Rafael A F

Mar 19, 2021

I strongly recommended to take this course. It covers all aspects of Integrated Solid Waste Management Framework (ISWM) including physical and governance elements. Also, it provides a holistic approach to solve the most critical problems related to solid waste management in developing countries.

By KANGANA B

Aug 12, 2021

It was an excellent course. Just one thing to add in it. There should be some more focus on thermal techniques. I felt like mosst of the focus was on bio techniques. There was less weightage on thermal techniques which are actually feasible. Other than that it was a great learning! Thank you...

By Vasavi A

Dec 2, 2018

This is a very well designed course and takes in examples from across different countries and streams of waste. Very useful for someone who wants to get an understanding of what is being done across different developing countries and then implement the same in their own community/country.

By susanna c

Mar 4, 2017

I enjoyed this course very much. I found it informative and comprehensive. Gave me a good understanding of (sm) waste related settings and issues and possible solutions. Am shocked at the e-waste numbers. Fascinated by composting and bfs methods.

There are just too many of us though!!

By Adriana G L

Feb 28, 2016

La primera semana estuvo increíble! Sobrepaso mis expectativas, es un curso altamente recomendable para aquellos con interés en el manejo integral de residuos sólidos pero también impacta y hace reflexionar a cualquier persona sobre residuos sólidos. Este curso es para cualquier persona.

By Letícia S R

Dec 29, 2020

Curso com conteúdo denso. Há grande esforço em discutir os aspectos técnico-científicos e de governança acerca da gestão de resíduos com base no contexto dos países do Sul Global. Excelente curso para pesquisadores e gestores públicos e privados que atuam na gestão dos resíduos sólidos.

By Mohamed I

Aug 3, 2020

I really enjoyed learning here. Everything including the reading materials, delivery, organization of learning platform made it very convenient to grasp the knowledge and achieve my desired goals. Thank you for the excellent conduct and information sharing. Happy learning everyone.

By Diego R V

Mar 3, 2017

Adorei!! Os profissionais e os temas abordados são muito pertinentes e valiosos. Agradeço imensamente a oportunidade de compartilhar destes saberes e os parabenizo pela iniciativa e pela disposição em difundir conhecimentos técnicos para melhorar a qualidade de vida das populações.

By Julia J

Sep 8, 2020

I genuinely appreciated how there were multiple modes of learning, as well as how reading materials are somewhat incentivized. Of course, the videos were informative as it is, but the reading materials were in my opinion necessary to fully grasp the topics discussed in the videos.

By Premvignesh S A

In fact, I never thought that, these many technique and process are there in solid waste management. It is a fantastic course and to gain knowledge irrespective of the carrier, everyone has to go thru. this course.

I Thank Lectures and the team members.

Thank you all.

Best Wishes,

By Anders M

Dec 10, 2020

Very good introduction to the topic, with a good combination of basic and more detailed information, approaches and examples. Some of the content will be very useful for me as background knowledge when supporting the implementation on municipal waste management projects in Nepal.

By Narendra S

Oct 10, 2020

Very nice course and learnt a lot about how to manage waste in developing countries. But I would like to suggest preparing such a module on small towns in developing countries. This current course focussed more on large cities. Also, there can be more focus on governance aspects.

By Alan J

Jan 19, 2018

Muy buen curso, muy completo, que da una visión general de todos los aspectos relacionados con el tratamiento de residuos y brinda varias herramientas para poder ser utilizadas a la hora de decidir la estrategia más adecuada en la gestión de residuos urbanos de un municipio dado.

By Sumair G

Aug 3, 2020

Detailed and comprehensive course with hands on practical demonstration of the methods for effective solid waste managment techniques as well as governance aspects. Highly recommended. The instructors are very easy to understand and present all the concepts in a detailed manner.

By Alejandro F P C

Jan 16, 2018

Un gran curso, que ha complementado mis conocimientos en la gestión ambiental de los residuos sólidos, lo recomiendo completamente inclusive si no te manejas bien en el ingles, el curso esta subtitulado y puedes apoyarte con traductores online a la hora de realizar los exámenes.

By Mahesh P S

May 5, 2020

I really appreciate the way you have crafted the course with videos example. I am leaving in Ethiopia and here there is no waste management system specially town side. I will be happy to work under your guidance. if you are interested please mail me on maheshshettar2@gmail.com

By Asyam M D

Mar 21, 2017

This helps me through my solid waste management course at my university, although things explained here are not detailed (in general). This also expands my knowledge about solid waste management around the world, especially in developing countries (like my country, Indonesia).

By Alex J J

Apr 28, 2017

The Information provided is very useful the teaching styles are easy to accommodate. The breadth of understanding is great to cover a vast realm of subjects all across the globe. While at the same time the depth of information is just enough to build a desire to learn more.