Back to Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries by École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne

Have you come across large piles of garbage in neighbourhoods and streets and smelly waste disposal sites polluting the environment of low- and middle-income countries? Do you want to know what kind of sustainable solutions are appropriate to better manage waste and enhance recycling and recovery? If yes, this course is for you! This course provides you with an overview of the municipal solid waste management situation in low- and middle-income countries. It covers key elements of the waste management system, such as its technical, environmental, social, financial and institutional aspects. Besides understanding the challenges, you will be introduced to appropriate and already applied solutions through selected case studies....

AN

May 12, 2020

This course is very well designed and easy to understand because of dedicated and experience personnel who are delivering the content. Use of case study is well planned at various sections in course.

ES

Feb 27, 2017

Great introduction. It covers a wide range of issues concerning waste management and I thought the material was relevant and reflected my own observations of waste management in developing countries.

201 - 225 of 708 Reviews for Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries

By Ahmed M A

Apr 02, 2017

Name:Ahmed Mohamed Ali

Email: ahmedguray44@gmail.com

this course was fantastic and easy to learn i would like to have my accomplishment certificate.

Thanks

By Idair E

Jul 25, 2016

Very interesting topic and explained in very good detail, with many examples, case studies and recommended readings. Thank you for such a great course.

By Burtay M

May 20, 2016

This is a crystallized course for SWM. You can develop your own projects after taking this course. You will have a pathfinder knowledge by this course.

By Julian C R V

Jun 24, 2020

Excellent course, great and large view of how to manage the solid waste, the available technologies and the plannification of a solid waste management

By NINAD D

May 30, 2017

A very informative and we'll paced course. Even the technical details have been taught in such a manner so that even a layman can understand easily.

By FABRICE A

Sep 05, 2018

Great course !!!

the course helped me to understand how important those wastes on the streets can be useful to our daily life and future development.

By R. S

Jan 01, 2017

The course is well documented and interesting, covering all aspects of solid waste management in developing countries with interesting case studies.

By Alexander B

Sep 28, 2016

Excellent course, very concise and focused on the topic. Good instructors, with a lot of external experts being invited and presenting case studies.

By Aditya J

Sep 13, 2017

A really nice course. The content is useful and it is presented from an overall politico-economic point of view instead of a simple scientific one.

By Sebastian S

Oct 02, 2016

Simple and yet well detailed, although the one thing that I didn't like is the french translations in the quizzes, make them a little bit confusing

By Mamta S

Jun 11, 2017

This course has helped me gain detailed knowledge of MSW management which would help me in the course of my career as sustainability professional.

By Gustavo A V

May 30, 2019

This a very important course in my life, i'm ready to start a new career, and this is a powerfull arm to reach my goals and help to my community.

By Richmont E D

May 01, 2017

Excelente curso, bien estructurado y explicado. Importante para toda persona interesada en la gestión de residuos sólidos municipales. ¡MUY ÚTIL!

By Jean M N B

Oct 12, 2016

This course is incrible. I had an overview on the subject and I can now better understand and decide which parts of topic interest me. Thank you!

By Sudeep G

Jun 10, 2016

Really enjoyed the course. This course has shown numerous paths for me to work on Solid Waste Management sector in developing country like Nepal.

By Rajeev C

Mar 04, 2016

Brilliant course and the mentors are simply superb. Excellent content with perfect articulation . A big thanks to all of you.

Warm regards,

Rajeev

By Fabio P

Jun 30, 2020

A very well-structured course that provides some basic knowledge for further studies on waste management. Lectures are clear and easy to follow.

By daniel z

Jan 27, 2017

very insightful to help me gain a better understanding about waste management and increase my knowledge on how to reduce my own carbon footprint

By Sebastian R

Oct 04, 2016

Estoy muy agradecido por la oportunidad de recibir este curso, me ayudara mucho en mi vida profesional en el tema que mas me hace sentir comodo.

By M A A

Nov 26, 2018

Informations rich course with simple and effective method of delivering ideas, Idid not finish it yet and i am already feeling the improvement.

By Rafael M

May 13, 2020

Curso muy interesante y dinámico. Los profesores y ponentes geniales, el material muy útil y el contenido asequible y práctico. Muy satisfecho

By John B

Oct 16, 2017

I learnt a huge amount in this course. Really engagingly taught, and covers such a wide range of topics but all with a good amount of detail.

By Tamer E

Jul 02, 2017

It was very informative and gave a good insight view and it helped me a lot in understanding the different technologies and options available

By Mercedes V

Jan 03, 2018

Es un muy buen curso, con material versatil y de fácil acceso ya que se puede desarrollar en cualquier momento fuera del horario de trabajo.

By azusaish@yahoo.com

Dec 09, 2017

Interesting, one of the kind courses you can work on. Someone who is interested in waste management, I think this course is a great start!