Back to Spanish Vocabulary: Meeting People

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Spanish Vocabulary: Meeting People by University of California, Davis

¡Hola! ¿Como Estas? In this entry level course, you will take the first step toward exploring the foundations of Spanish grammar and pronunciation, and will begin to build a working vocabulary of common Spanish words and expressions. You will be able to talk about yourself, your family and friends in the present tense, and begin to explore the cultural context of the Spanish-speaking world through a series of videos and interactive activities, including speaking, reading and writing exercises. The adventure begins here, so ¡vámanos!...

GT
Dec 29, 2020

This course is very interacting! Though they only give brief lessons, what I like about it the most are the activities it offers for you to brush up your skills more. Definitely a good recommendation!

MP
Nov 9, 2018

Although it took me a while to warm to the idea of doing peer review exercises, and having to video record and upload work, actually I think this is an important part of the course and really useful.

76 - 100 of 634 Reviews for Spanish Vocabulary: Meeting People

By Patricia L

I have taken quite a bit of Spanish classes through the years. This one really makes me feel as though I can finally achieve my goal of speaking Spanish. It is not easy but the way this course is laid out, helped me learn so much in a short period of time.

By Alexandra S

Jun 25, 2019

I loved it from A to Z. Professor Blake structures and synthesizes well the different building blocks of the Spanish Grammar. The flow of the curriculum with a good mix of Q&A, various tests, videos worked perfectly for me. Can't wait to start module 2.

By Ayush P

Oct 25, 2020

The questions, coupled with the extensive study material and rigorous presentations by the instructor, are the most crucial takeaways from this course.

Supplement your study with online translation and pronunciation tools, to make the experience better.

By Cale R

May 5, 2020

I have messed around with Spanish speaking apps unsuccessfully for years. This course brought a lot of that unpolished and disorganized information together to create a real understanding of basic conjugation and grammar. I recommend this course.

By Jennifer L Z

Apr 15, 2020

Having 5 semesters of college Spanish under my belt (10 years ago!), this was a great refresher course. I think it would be a bit too advanced for a true beginner, but it's exactly what I wanted to help me get on track to being fluent one day!

By Levy E A d S

Jun 29, 2020

Minha experiência com a plataforma está sendo inesquecível! Material didático objetivo e altamente qualificado. Sem dúvida uma das melhores plataformas de aprendizado. Me sinto animado e continuarei aprendendo com esses cursos fantásticos!

By Animik S

Feb 7, 2021

Awesome course! The instructor takes care of all the things essential for a beginner learning Spanish but i recommend that the people who are opting for this course may have a minimum exposure to Spanish earlier for better understanding

By Saarra B

Jun 27, 2020

This course was very interesting for me. I ve never thought that I can learn spanish or talk with it. Now I can introduce myself to others and talk about my family. Also I ve learned a lot of vocabulary and grammar. Thanks a lot

By Rafi T

Nov 25, 2020

Thanks for the great support of coursera for educating as to learn Spannish.

This course is so good. I will advice my friends to sign in.

I believe the 2nd and other levels will be harder but will a bit of hard work I will learn.

By Joseph W B S

Dec 18, 2019

This is a very basic course, and it draws you into more complicated areas without even you knowing it. This is one course I would recommend for anyone who wants to gain a good, solid base to learn this beautiful language.

By Nilesh R P

Sep 9, 2020

It's very nice to enroll your course. Now am able to speak in spanish. Make small introduction. My vocabulary is also increased because of your online website. Overall its been a great exprience to enroll this course.

By Ciro I

Aug 28, 2020

Very well made course,full of examples and recorded videos of people who speaks freely spanish.The grammar and the exercise activities,highlighting the pronunciation interactive exercise are very good and well-tought

By Charmay

Nov 1, 2020

The perspectivas part was especially useful. I was learning Spanish using Duolingo but had felt that my listening skills were subpar. Having the perspectivas section helped me a lot with my listening comprehension.

By JEERANAN P

Apr 18, 2020

i LOVE THIS COURSE ,THANK YOU DR.BLAKE AND UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA,DAVIS.MY SPANISH IS IMPROVED NOW.NOT TOO HARD FOR EVERYONE .THEY SSTRTING FROM THE BASIC.WHICH I ABLE TO COMPLETE WITHIN 7 DAYS.

MUCHAS GRACIAS !

By Manel B

Jul 14, 2020

This is a very well structured course for beginners, The quizzes and assignments are well-studied ad serve their purpose as well as the materials. I loved it and I will surely recommend it to any Spanish learner!

By Mijo B

Oct 21, 2020

I've genuinely enjoyed this course. It's a good introduction for those with no to minimal Spanish background or those who wish to review their basic mastery of the language. The course was well structured, too.

By Amrita

I appreciate the way the course has been designed. It is so accurate that even a beginner can feel happy. Sometimes I definitely felt lost but Prof. Blake's explanations and repeated video watching helped.

By Julia G

Feb 17, 2019

That's not the first time I have started learning Spanish and I have really enjoyed the course!

Very interesting lessons, they don't take much time + good practice. I am on my way to get the specialisation.

By Mary H S N

Oct 14, 2020

I have been trying to learn Spanish for a while now but I have never found such a complete and interactive material. I would definitely recommend this to my friends who are interested in learning Spanish.

By Kaycelle D

Oct 20, 2020

This is a very helpful course and I really encourage people who are interested and fascinated in Spanish language and culture to try this online learning! Thank you Coursera for this opportunity!

By Danay E S

Jan 2, 2021

Thank you so much D. Robert Blake and all the participants for this excellent course! It was really nice, easy, detailed and inspiring!!!! I'm looking forward to the next course! Gracias mucho!

By Monica B

Jan 7, 2021

Good content. Covers basics and helps to simplify grammar. A lot of self learning and practice videos available. The assignments with written and spoken Spanish as well. Highly recommend.

By Roy J

Nov 20, 2020

Really throws you into Spanish. I was expecting something a bit easier but in the end this was an excellent course for those who want to learn quickly and get right into speaking Spanish.

By Jamie H

Oct 26, 2020

I have loved this course so far! I feel like I am learning quickly. I really enjoy the videos, the content, the perspectives, and the scheduled weekly routines. Awesome course! Thank you!

By Allan A

Sep 25, 2020

Hola! Mi nombre es Allan. This basic course is very helpful. I have learned a lot of new vocabulary words at the same time learned how spanish grammar structure forms. Gracias UC Davis!