Back to Introduction to Molecular Spectroscopy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Molecular Spectroscopy by University of Manchester

The course introduces the three key spectroscopic methods used by chemists and biochemists to analyse the molecular and electronic structure of atoms and molecules. These are UV/Visible , Infra-red (IR) and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) spectroscopies. The content is presented using short focussed and interactive screencast presentations accompanied by formative quizzes to probe understanding of the key concepts presented. Numerous exercises are provided to facilitate mastery of each topic. A unique virtual spectroscopic laboratory is made available to enable students to measure and analyse spectra online. Assessment is via summative quizzes completed during the course period....

KB

Oct 15, 2020

This course helped me to further understand the principle behinds the 3 main spectroscopic techniques: UV/VIS, IR and NMR which is very beneficial for my future career working in a lab environment.

MR

May 08, 2020

It was a good experience to learn online. This course increase my knowledge an i gain new concept which are very helpful for me and guide me in this field more. THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO COURSERA.

51 - 75 of 420 Reviews for Introduction to Molecular Spectroscopy

By Sam M

Aug 05, 2020

Fascinatingly interesting! The course is exceptionally well explained and really goes into detail about how some of these techniques and functions work. Well put together and engaging. Would highly recommend to anyone interested in analytical chemistry methods!

By Shivangi V

Oct 13, 2020

This course was really helpful for me as i am a chemistry student, i liked the laboratory sessions the most and the assignments were really great as some questions required other materials to refer which helped in understanding concepts better!

By Nagesh B K B ( R - R

Jun 29, 2020

This is a very good course to refresh the Spectroscopy. It includes basics of IR, UV, NMR spectroscopies. Various calculations and reasoning questions in weekly quiz, helps to recollect the learnt topics. Overall a very good structured course.

By Hazel P D

Jun 05, 2020

This course is really good especially the spectra tests at the end of each week. Also the youtube videos suggested help a lot for better understanding. It is a short informative course which can help you understand IR, UV and NMR really well.

By Anshuman P

Sep 14, 2020

very good course, very easy to understand, presentation and study materials are excellent. Though I am a agriculture sciences student i had not faced any difficulties to understand the study materials. And the topic is very interesting.

By Jayaraam R

May 23, 2020

Excellent content. Gave me a clear understanding of the principles involved in spectroscopy. The workshop questions were interesting to do using the spectra. The assignment questions were of a good level. Overall, excellent course.

By Dr M K

Jul 31, 2020

I am an Analytical Chemist. I obtained a Ph.D. from IIT Madras India. After 30 years, again I checked my basic concepts. I am very happy to admit that still, I'm learning every time even after 37 Years of Teaching Experience.

By Nitisha M

May 14, 2020

It was a good experience to learn online. This course has increased my knowledge and understanding in the field of spectroscopy. I hope I will be able to grab the new opportunities with the help of this thoughtful course.

By Sai N

Aug 31, 2020

The demos of different kinds of spectroscopies at the end of each week and the quizzes related to that really made it fascinating! the info is just perfectly put together, 4 weeks and you have all the concepts clear.

By Khoa L B

Oct 15, 2020

By Miguel A M R

Sep 10, 2020

Muy bien todo y super completo, ayuda aun mas en esta situación de cuarentena porque facilita la información y es una nueva manera de aprender que esta muy bien fundamentada y muy bien organizada

By Muhamad A B A B

Jul 26, 2020

Very informative course that helps beginner learner to understand theory behind three different types of spectroscopy and how to 'read' the spectra. It has challenging quizzes.

By Taposi C

Jul 08, 2020

UV and IR topic was nicely explained. It was a nice experience to join the Course . NMR topic was very good . If another course solely for NMR can be made then it will be nice.

By Luis C M M

Such a nice approach is given through this course. There's balance between videos, practices,and quizzes to make sure you get to know what you are dealing with spectroscopy.

By Renan A d S

Jun 20, 2020

A great opportunity to improve skills on the subject and learn. Teacher was great with good examples and explanation, everyone interested on the content should join.

By KEYURKUMAR K A

I 've learned lots of thing in this course about spectroscopy which are very much useful for me in theoritical studies and as well as practical. Good Experienced.

By Yashwantsinh J

Jun 10, 2020

It was a good learning experience and the faculty presented in a nice way to understand, we are waiting for next similar kind of sessions from your university.

By Benjamin C C

Jun 09, 2020

Excellent course, I learned a lot, I am very grateful for teaching the courses, it was a good experience to learn in online. Thank you very much to Cursera!!!

By Dr B K S

May 22, 2020

Introduction to molecular spectroscopy course is very good for science stream, resource person teaches very nicely, designing of the course is very good.

By Sergio A D A

Oct 08, 2020

Excellent course, I understand in deep the science of Spectroscopy and how I would identify different compounds in basis at the technique that I use

By RAO U D K

Sep 11, 2020

This course was very interesting and objective. I like this course. I hope that this will help me in the future to use the spectroscopic techniques.

By suman k b

Jul 03, 2020

this course is very useful for chemistry faculty and student in molecular spectroscopy. in this course lab quiz and graph technology is wonderful.

By Ragini R

Jun 11, 2020

It was a wonderful learning experience. Solving the quiz was a lot of fun. I really appreciate the content and distribution of the topics. Regards.

By Navneet K U

Aug 02, 2020

Most informative and knowledgeable content with good presentation, this course help me to improve my knowledge about Spectroscopy (UV, IR and NMR)

By Dr S A

Jun 20, 2020

The course was very interesting. Specially I liked the videos showing working of different spectrometers and the lab quizzes. Thank you coursera.