Back to Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate by Google

Start the UX design process: Empathize, Define, Ideate is the second course in a certificate program that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience (UX) design. In this course, you’ll complete the first phases of the design process for a project that you’ll be able to include in your portfolio. You will learn how to empathize with users and understand their pain points, define user needs using problem statements, and come up with lots of ideas for solutions to those user problems. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Empathize with users to understand their needs and pain points. - Create empathy maps, personas, user stories, and user journey maps to understand user needs. - Develop problem statements to define user needs. - Generate ideas for possible solutions to user problems. - Conduct competitive audits. - Start designing a mobile app, a new project to include in your professional UX portfolio....

TB

Sep 29, 2021

This course is very good & massively designed for student's who are biginner in UX field. The lecturers are also self proffessional experienced UX designer. Is not is great for carrier!!! Pretty cool!

AC

May 10, 2021

Beautifully designed course that is user friendly, and SUPER easy to use/navigate. The course has engaging and entertaining content that makes it easy to stay engaged and motivated. Nice job Google!!

1226 - 1250 of 1,426 Reviews for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

By kimia k

Dec 15, 2021

It was a good learning but some examples of competitors audit wasnt clear i think it would be better if website url was real and we can see how can audit a real site.

By Muhammad I B

Sep 23, 2021

The process is not that clear, it lacks path to the process and introduce too many new processes within, that makes it confusing, otherwise it is very informative.

By kunal d

Jun 5, 2021

The course is good & very informative. But it's too big & while reaching the end of the course I feel very boring. I need to stretch myself to complete my course.

By Vinícius V

Apr 27, 2022

This stage was very challenging and took a long time due to the interviews and data gathering from real world situations. Go calmly and everything will be ok.

By Spencer W

Jun 29, 2021

I would say My only issue was trying to figure out if the activities were to be aimed at the coffee shop example or my sharpen project prompt that I chose

By Jason B

Jan 18, 2022

Kinda' loving it so far. NOT as easy as I thought it would be, but also not unnecessarily difficult just for the sake of making it difficult.

By Saniyya M

Dec 18, 2021

Highly engaging with lots of activities compared to the previous course. Though overwhelming at first, I started enjoying it in the process.

By Simon N

Jan 13, 2022

A​ good course to understand the start of a UX journey. A lot to learn and did bring me out of my comfort zone - but in a good way! :-)

By Mary C

Mar 18, 2022

Overall, I think this has been pretty good, so I won't complain about it too much. Some of the assignments are confusing, though.

By Saviour A O

Apr 11, 2022

I really enjoyed this course. Although the assessments were tasking at first. Trust me, when you start them, you will love them

By Diego B

Jan 5, 2022

Very theoretical course, explains the basics well, we will see the following how they evolve and combine theory with practice.

By Valentina G A

Apr 21, 2021

I think it would be better with a professional grading my tasks. I heard of people that cheated or that made the tasks poorly.

By Ashley Z

Dec 8, 2021

This was very informative and hands-on. At times the activity got a bit intense but once completed you feel so accomplished!

By Amy P

Nov 10, 2021

I feel I am learning more and using actual skills in this course, it's been a great intro to getting your feet wet in UX/UI.

By Varun Y

Jun 5, 2022

It makes me understand UX analytics! But a lot of theory and seems a bit hard to catch the mentor's speed while explaining.

By Nidhi S

Aug 2, 2022

The course material was top-notch and Emily is awesome but the whole peer reviewing process was less than satisfactory!

By Andrey K

Jul 26, 2022

T​he tools presented are very simple.

TI still miss understanding how to combine them. Some tools duplicate each other.

By Veronique B

Jul 6, 2022

This was a very interesting course it thought me a lot in a short period. I highly recommend this course to beginners.

By valeria m

Dec 19, 2021

It's a good course however timing needed for each task to be well done, does not matches with the description.

By Paige P

Mar 3, 2022

Very in depth and great assignments. I wish there was a way to contest a score someone gave that is very low.

By Hoda E

Aug 31, 2021

I found this course it both challenging and interesting at the same time. The content is rich in information.

By manoj k

Jul 20, 2022

Content of the is easy to understand.Practice quize and peer graded assisment help me to understand better.

By Zeinab M

Jun 21, 2022

I like it and learn a lot , just week 1and 2 was a bit confusing for me . thank you for your great effort .

By Rakshith K

Oct 1, 2021

I liked the overall experience. The tutors are very informative and explained the topics in a detailed way.

By Carlos D R H

Feb 17, 2022

evaluations are hard, more confusing than evaluative, the girl of the course was not the right one for me.