Back to Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate by Google

Start the UX design process: Empathize, Define, Ideate is the second course in a certificate program that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience (UX) design. In this course, you’ll complete the first phases of the design process for a project that you’ll be able to include in your portfolio. You will learn how to empathize with users and understand their pain points, define user needs using problem statements, and come up with lots of ideas for solutions to those user problems. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Describe common UX research methods. - Empathize with users to understand their needs and pain points. - Create empathy maps, personas, user stories, and user journey maps to understand user needs. - Develop problem statements to define user needs. - Generate ideas for possible solutions to user problems. - Conduct competitive audits. - Identify and account for biases in UX research. - Start designing a mobile app, a new project to include in your professional UX portfolio....

RS
Mar 23, 2021

A great foundational wealth of knowledge on how to start the UX Design process. This information really helps you build a framework for the coursework within the Google UX Design certification.

RL
Mar 23, 2021

Very good course with a really solid project to follow through each week. Going through all the steps helped me think about project design with an eye towards the user experience in new ways.

1 - 25 of 38 Reviews for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

By Lisa D L

Mar 24, 2021

This course was not only informative, but it was fun! I learned so much from the videos and readings. Having the opportunity to complete Activities and add them to my portfolio is invaluable. If you want to learn more about the UX design process and get a better understanding of empathizing, defining, and ideating, this course is what you're searching for!

By Alice Y

Mar 10, 2021

This course thoroughly explains the process, and the psychology behind it. I feel very confident about the solution after walking through this process. This is a great course for cross functional partners to an UX designer too!

By Ravi S

By Rachel L

By Roman K

Mar 25, 2021

Don't like the speaker

By Jeremy B

Mar 24, 2021

I feel like I learned a lot in this course! I knew a little about UX before taking the course, but had no idea what to do before actually designing stuff. I'd heard about personas and user journeys, but didn't really get how to make them. The materials in the course walk you through it and were really helpful. Excited I've started building my first portfolio project!

By Jackson B

Mar 24, 2021

I really enjoyed learning about how to conduct research as a designer. It's super cool to get into the nuts and bolts of what goes behind the designs themselves. I learned a lot of things I would've never known, and the information was fun and easily digestible.

By Allen P

Apr 11, 2021

I am happy to have created Empathy Map, Personas, User Journey, User Story, Problem Statement and User flow for my Portfolio Project. The course is very handson which really helps in learning the concepts. Compared to other courses very cheap also.

By Tina

Apr 5, 2021

Really useful course! I am a student that major in industrial design. The course provide me lots of information. And it really help me to develop more kinds of ability and different thoughts with what I major in.

By Büşra A T

Apr 7, 2021

Thank you providing such material I learned many new things and had challenges to become better. I wasn't aware of many things on steps to understand users.

By Hoi D

Mar 24, 2021

Great course! Learned a lot about the frame of mind behind the UX design process. The biases in research section was very interesting.

By Tasia R

Apr 4, 2021

Thorough and I loved having hands-on experiences creating relevant content for my portfolio project!

By PengWen K

Mar 30, 2021

Amazing course. Empathy is for everyone that wants to define, ideate, and offer practical solutions.

By Megan M

Mar 22, 2021

A very good overview of the first steps of the design process. Really enjoyed the final project.

By Rafael d S M

Apr 12, 2021

Amazing experience. I've learned so much during this course. Highly recommend for everyone.

By Srinivas S

Apr 11, 2021

Extremely well guided and curated, full of insights from industry experts. Very helpful!

By rahul t

Mar 31, 2021

Best UX coruse , easy, more interesting and joy full. i recommended for all designer.

By Hüseyin C

Apr 13, 2021

Outstanding! Thank you to all who made this course possible

By Asunción M G H

Apr 4, 2021

Very interesting and practical. I´ve enjoyed very much.

By Mohammad H

Apr 8, 2021

Exactly what you need to know, complete and perfect!

By David F

Mar 24, 2021

Very engaging instructor and incredibly informative!

By Anh T

Mar 21, 2021

a great course for every design to know the basic

By Yu T C

Apr 5, 2021

Great course, practical and useful.

By Jayani J

Apr 13, 2021

That was a very interesting course

By Richard A

Mar 20, 2021

Lots of hard work but all worth it