Back to Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate by Google

Start the UX design process: Empathize, Define, Ideate is the second course in a certificate program that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience (UX) design. In this course, you’ll complete the first phases of the design process for a project that you’ll be able to include in your portfolio. You will learn how to empathize with users and understand their pain points, define user needs using problem statements, and come up with lots of ideas for solutions to those user problems. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Empathize with users to understand their needs and pain points. - Create empathy maps, personas, user stories, and user journey maps to understand user needs. - Develop problem statements to define user needs. - Generate ideas for possible solutions to user problems. - Conduct competitive audits. - Start designing a mobile app, a new project to include in your professional UX portfolio....

TB

Sep 29, 2021

This course is very good & massively designed for student's who are biginner in UX field. The lecturers are also self proffessional experienced UX designer. Is not is great for carrier!!! Pretty cool!

ND

Aug 5, 2021

My instructor was engaging and communicated very well. The transcription was super handy and I loved that the reading after the lecture re-emphasized the content of the lecture. Excellent. Thank you.

176 - 200 of 1,116 Reviews for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

By Fiorella S

Mar 26, 2022

Great class, it was very packed with information. This was definitely a very lenghty course, I wish it was split in half. Nevertheless, I learned a lot.

By Yui S

Nov 12, 2021

I enjoyed this course.

This changed the way of looking at my surroundings.

These research methods helped me to think of my daily work in different way.

By Alex O

Oct 14, 2021

Anyone who truly took this course and paid attention to the readings and exercises will see a drastic increase of their understanding of the UX process.

By Daniella L

Aug 4, 2021

Love how it is broken down into digestible sections and they incorporate every learning style. It is challenging but in a fun way.. if you're into it.

By Aurileide A

Feb 20, 2022

O curso oferece uma visão geral do processo de UX, com exemplos e exerícios práticos que permitem a fixação dos conteúdos. É puxado, mas gratificante!

By Muhammed S

Dec 26, 2021

its a long course if you are a beginner it's real a good course it will guide you step by step to start you research for your first portfolio project.

By Iram S

Feb 12, 2022

I love this course as it is simple and easy to understand, I also found it very helpful to figure out how to approach research and document findings

By Mou R B

Sep 4, 2021

i love this course and also looking forward to finish the courses all under the same criteria love this course and also able to learn new things too

By Nicole J A

May 29, 2021

I learnt so much in this course - how might we questions, crazy eights, competitor audit and report. This was honestly insightful and comprehensive.

By Antony A

Jul 29, 2021

I can now successfully create user journey maps, problems statements, and competitive audit reports things that I had previously shyed away to do.

By Loan A

Jun 12, 2021

Conteúdo muito bom, aulas dinâmicas e exercícios práticos que faz você pensar fora da caixa com que uma pessoa em UX, irá se deparar no dia a dia.

By April M

Nov 18, 2021

Learned a lot, and worked a lot! So many things to learn and soak in, but it's helping me have a great understanding of key skills and concepts.

By Ynna D E

Apr 6, 2022

So far, this is the most extensive part of the course. I enjoyed learning about the UX research process and applying it on my portfolio project.

By Abdel

Mar 27, 2022

The process of UX design goes through different phases which make you very empower to solve to end user problems in their products and services.

By Shekoni J O

Feb 10, 2022

T​he amount of indepth teaching, attenetion to details and pictorial illuatration quality throughout this course is nothing short of excellent!

By Le D D

Jan 25, 2022

Awesome course, I've completed 2 of 7 stages in the course processing which help me so much about UX experience and to do report audit clearly

By Traci D

Jul 8, 2021

I​ learned a lot from this course! It would be nice to have feedback from Google UX Designers themselves, but I'm sure they are very busy! :)

By Chibueze U

Oct 16, 2021

I would really like it, if our assignments are graded by UX professionals, so we can really know our works are good for beginner UX designers

By Zully M

Jun 24, 2021

For me, the course was a challenge. I learned about key elements to the empathize, define and ideate process. I'm enjoying this certificate.

By Josmi G

Feb 15, 2022

The instructor made the course super interesting and resourceful. The documents and reading particular is so well made. Thank you so much!!

By Patricia M

May 4, 2021

El curso es muy completo y ayuda al estudiante, en cada paso, a realizar las actividades e incorporar los conocimientos mediante práctica.

By Ahsan A

Dec 22, 2021

This course was very interesting, as a psychologist I do knew some of the terms mentioned but still it helped me to enhance my knowledge.

By Felipe C d S

Jun 29, 2021

The content is great. I learned a lot from this course. There is a good balance between articles, videos, exercises and other activities.

By Leila.P.Z E Q

Jun 23, 2021

I enjoyed the practical aspect of having a real project to work on, and I also found the peer-graded assignments to be of great benefit.

By Tania A M

Mar 4, 2022

Excelent course. I really enjoyed it and i learned a lot about research. The course highlighted my weaknesses and made me overcome them.