Back to Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate by Google

Start the UX design process: Empathize, Define, Ideate is the second course in a certificate program that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience (UX) design. In this course, you’ll complete the first phases of the design process for a project that you’ll be able to include in your portfolio. You will learn how to empathize with users and understand their pain points, define user needs using problem statements, and come up with lots of ideas for solutions to those user problems. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Empathize with users to understand their needs and pain points. - Create empathy maps, personas, user stories, and user journey maps to understand user needs. - Develop problem statements to define user needs. - Generate ideas for possible solutions to user problems. - Conduct competitive audits. - Start designing a mobile app, a new project to include in your professional UX portfolio....

TB

Sep 29, 2021

This course is very good & massively designed for student's who are biginner in UX field. The lecturers are also self proffessional experienced UX designer. Is not is great for carrier!!! Pretty cool!

MM

Sep 9, 2022

I love this course! Personally, it took me longer than I thought to complete each challenge, but I loved each step, especially the ideation and research part! I already want to start the next course!

101 - 125 of 1,959 Reviews for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

By Alex G

Oct 27, 2022

It does get a little complicated and you really do need to shift your perspective on how to empathise and identify user problems. But that is the brilliance of this course, it gets you to that piont as a UX Designer. Great job! One gripe is coursera thouhg as I had to resubmit a lot of work becuase there is an error with Cache on this website.

By Beatriz H G

Oct 17, 2022

Very complete and detailed.

The information is well-structured and presented; it includes basic/esential contents and extra material; the exercises help to learn all the new conceps you learn.

It's a teorical course, probably you expect to do practical exercises when you take this program, but in my opinion very useful and it gives you a base.

By Montakan S

Aug 29, 2021

Great course! This course is fundamental to UX research. I have learned a lot about how to conduct UX research. There are many tools and strategies applied for this part. Empathize, define, and ideate are the first three steps of the overall design process before prototyping and testing. It's very important. It’s hard, but it’s worth it!

By siddesh o

Dec 27, 2022

This was very Nice learning related to how design process work with Empathize, Define and Ideate. also learned about how to work on competitive audit with different market research and then with the help of this compititive audit how to run the Audit report which is simple text file with the all the relevant actions and ideas.

By kanika j

Jul 5, 2022

Highly recommend this for a Beginner!

Great course for a beginner in UX filed as they take you step by step through the whole journey without making it overwhelming. The course content is interactive and filled with examples from where you learn. Reviewing peer assignments also gives you insigts on how you can improve your work.

By Meagan R

Dec 8, 2021

This was a great course, and the peer-review really helped. I got nervous however because my deadline was approaching and there were no submissions to review. I hope that google can make "mock submissions" for students who need to review work so that the lack of people going through the course does not affect the study plan.

By Stavroula K

Sep 28, 2021

The instructor was so friendly and happy, also helpful and with lots of examples. Generally the course was really insightful and I learned a lot, but I think it would be great if you could teach us how to incorporate all the hands on exercises in our portfolio, because mine is still empty and I do not know how to fill it in

By Shah J

Nov 29, 2022

The course is clear and structured. The instructor is very easy to understand and I love the animations used.

However there needs to be someone (mentor) overlooking the peer grades to monitor if grades are being fairly and objectively given based on the point system suggested.

Hope this helps improve the course for others!

By Vasumathi P

May 27, 2022

I had great experience learning by doing research, empathizing and creating a persona, and learning various ideate processes. most of the things I am doing for the first time and I enjoyed them. The course gives in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience. felt like I am really working on some project. Very good experience!

By John W

Nov 10, 2021

This course added so much new information into my foundation for UX design. From foundational research to post launch research, surveys to competitive audits I'm really starting to get a better picture of what this profession entails and what to expect from a typical project or work day. My favorite course so far!

By Priska D

Apr 4, 2022

The course provides very detailed information. I learn how to start the ux design process from the very start, step by every detailed step. I love how the teachers give the lessons in a fun way, and I love how they motivate me by their language and short videos from expert. Thanks a lot for such precious course!

By Christine S

Oct 10, 2022

Great course. I am an absolute beginner and a busy mom trying to advance her career without a lot of extra money. I am so glad I tried this and completed it. I feel like it will be a terrific baseline for further studies and schooling, or to get my foot in the door for a job that will provide extra training.

By Alicia E G

Aug 30, 2022

This course has really been as challenging as it is exciting. From working on empathy, creating "People", to analyzing competitors, the experience of the first steps in the role of UX Designer has made me feel so real that I look forward to finishing Course 7 and dedicating myself to this completely. Thanks.

By Daphne M

May 9, 2021

Very informative and valuable course. The material was explained in an approachable way and more complex concepts were broken down to make them easy to understand. It's a very comprehensive overview of the research that needs to be done leading up to the ideation phase in the design process. Very well done!

By Sanglui

May 22, 2022

Enjoying my time learning about UX/UI. The competitve audit was very extenstive (or maybe i just put a lot more effort into mine then was needed?) If there is a way to inform learners in advance about how long Course 2 compared to Course 1 i think that would be helpful. Thanks for creating this for us!

By harshad p

May 29, 2021

Google has done good job by introducing this UX course. Enjoyed this course and learn empathizing users building their journey maps, creating personas. I feel Auditing competitors is bit hard for me but will work on it too. Over all I am happy with this course. Thank you all instructors of this course.

By Kiara F

Jan 16, 2023

It's great and teaches very thoroughly, KEEP UP WITH DUE DATES! It doesn't take much of the day to really execute these assignments. And to know that I can go faster than what's suggested and get done a week early if I wanted to, just as I did, it makes a big difference and almost more of a motivation.

By Jessica F

Oct 14, 2022

There was a lot of great information presented. Doing the work really solidifies the concepts and is hugely beneficial. I've been looking at UX Jobs posted on Indeed.com and found that I understood the majority of job requirements which makes me excited and a little scared to move into this field.

By designeraj

Mar 20, 2022

Absolutely loved this course. It was a great experience. The speakers were good designers who shared their vision from beginning to end. I do it just for a few weeks, and I am happy to receive my certificate. I will recommend those who want to learn UI UX Design from scratch. Thank you, Googlers!

By M- H

Oct 31, 2022

The perfect course for learning UX Design from a reputable insituite. I Just love the way of learning and providing knowledge base experience on completion of each new concept.

The exercises for practice are very helpful, if you are on this course, i would say please complete these exercises.

By Erik R

May 23, 2021

I learnt a lot from this course and it's importance in the UX design process, the topics were given their importance and were very detailed so there's wasn't gaps. I really enjoyed how the professor talked and motivates me even more every session. I would definitely recommend it in the future.

By Nop C

Aug 15, 2021

The course is very helpful for those who want to become both UX researcher and UX designer. I'll will absolutely review this course when i start building my business whether digital or physical. However, i'm planing to open my restuarant so, i found this really helpful. Appreciate this course

By Matt M

Apr 27, 2021

This UX Design course is all about research and teaches about bias, user interviews, personas, user stories, problem statements, competitive audits and reports. The last project is challenging, but if you immerse yourself in the content the course provides you along the way, you will be fine!

By Victoria B

Oct 27, 2022

I feel like this course helped me visuzalize what professional UX designers and researchers do in the real world. It made me realize how difficult it actually is to empathize with users and do research. I would love to keep on learning about user experience and improve my skills. Thank you!

By Mohamed E

Jun 14, 2022

It was a good and very important course through which we gained a lot of skills, which help us understand the user’s feelings and help us understand his points of weakness and pain, which qualifies us to create a research design that meets the needs of the user, thanks to all dear professors