Back to Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate by Google

Start the UX design process: Empathize, Define, Ideate is the second course in a certificate program that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience (UX) design. In this course, you’ll complete the first phases of the design process for a project that you’ll be able to include in your portfolio. You will learn how to empathize with users and understand their pain points, define user needs using problem statements, and come up with lots of ideas for solutions to those user problems. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Empathize with users to understand their needs and pain points. - Create empathy maps, personas, user stories, and user journey maps to understand user needs. - Develop problem statements to define user needs. - Generate ideas for possible solutions to user problems. - Conduct competitive audits. - Start designing a mobile app, a new project to include in your professional UX portfolio....

TB

Sep 29, 2021

This course is very good & massively designed for student's who are biginner in UX field. The lecturers are also self proffessional experienced UX designer. Is not is great for carrier!!! Pretty cool!

MM

Sep 9, 2022

I love this course! Personally, it took me longer than I thought to complete each challenge, but I loved each step, especially the ideation and research part! I already want to start the next course!

151 - 175 of 1,959 Reviews for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

By Erin P

May 2, 2021

Great course. I would say the time it takes to do the activities was underestimated. The last week especially, with several activities throughout and then a peer-reviewed assignment, probably should have been broken up into 2 weeks.

By Vanessa W

Jun 4, 2021

Excellent course : well structured, great content, very good trainers - actual UX Designers - who know what they are talking about, good quizzes, questions embedded in videos, and peer rated assessments. I recommend this course.

By OHIOLE J O

Feb 2, 2022

Emily understands the art of research. I give it to her! The course was generally interesting and educative. I would say that I am a better person than I was regarding Research. I really commend Google for the job they are doing.

By Harriet H

Nov 18, 2021

A great course packed with information! I learned so much in this course. My only gripe is that people who put lots of effort into their peer-reviewed assignments only can receive the same score as people who do the bare minumum.

By Lingkon

Jul 31, 2022

I had a fantastic time with the course one of this certificate. The wat I viewd Ux made this course more deeper. Now I know how important users are & how can we make a product by empathizing users. It was worth the time for sure

By Liudmyla F

Nov 6, 2022

I am very grateful for the opportunity to take this course! This course is very important because it reveals important aspects in creating the right product for the user and personal development for a future good UX designer.

By Yvette C

Sep 17, 2022

This course gives you a great opportunity to practice the skills of researching, ideating, and composing a real competitive audit. Although this course is more challenging than course 1, you get to do real UX design work.

By Bibimalmal N

Apr 25, 2022

This Google UX design course taught me how to focus on users' interaction with products, like websites, apps, and physical objects. And how to make those interactions useful, enjoyable, and accessible. Thank you, Coursera.

By AbdulAzeez Y

Apr 2, 2022

Thank you for providing this course. In this course, I get experience and expertise. The lecturers are also excellent. I'm excited to finish all of the UX design classes. This course has been a wonderful experience for me.

By Shimi H

Aug 27, 2021

i love this program, time will tell if this knowledge helped me to achieve the job i want

but i can tell right now that this program is more inclusive then anything i found online and even more then most i found in schools.

By Usman N

Oct 10, 2022

A great course for UX design learning providing insights into how to use the knowledge and convert it into practical application. Suitable for new joiners as well as senior guys to revise and reevaluate their processes.

By Sarah W

Aug 28, 2021

It was so much fun & so important for me to learn all these analyzing aspects of UX design! Thank you very much for this great learning atmosphere - the mix of video sequences and interactive parts totally fits for me!

By Megan B

Jul 28, 2022

Analyzing the competitors made me think outside the box with the design of a website. It was an interesting learning curve to identify how different companies respond to the same idea and create their own version of it.

By Roberto V

Jul 26, 2022

I liked the activities, I only comment that the times that are assigned for certain practical activities are not real or at least for me they are not, I took much more time in the activities to be able to complete them.

By Mansi B

Jun 16, 2021

It is an amazing course where you move one step forward to your first portfolio projects. You'll select your course and conduct interview with your users. Followed by user personas, user Journey and competitive audits.

By Anita L

Jan 21, 2022

This course took me through the empathize(How to share and understand the feelings of users), define(How to define the problem), and ideate(How to create numerous ideas and pick the best that solves the problem best).

By lucilio s

May 12, 2022

O curso foi muito bom e gostei no que pude aprender na empatia, a difinicao de problema e a idea.

O curso esta sendo excelente e quero mais aprender para me profissionalizar e criar o melhor na experiencia do usuario

By Kousik P

Dec 19, 2021

This course introduces to all the preparation work you will be doing as a Ux Designer in order to build successful design . This is a great course to understand the first three stages of the design thinking process .

By Magdalene K

Sep 2, 2022

The course is well detailed and explained by the course instructors. There are many practical assignments that have helped me learn on the way. I would recommedend this course to anyone aspiring to be a UX Designer.

By vishnu b

Sep 5, 2021

i have been feeling very happy to share my experience with the google thank you for creating such wide range of course which taught to create an empathy in designing with very talented skills which i want to acquire

By gayatri j

Mar 28, 2022

Very helpful course to understand what is empathy, how to empathize with user- how to get into users shoes. It helps to understand the user needs and pain points. Thank you for such an amazing knowledgeable course

By C. A A

Oct 7, 2021

Great information that really helps me understand the design process and think about it in a much more critical way. All the assignments were practical and useful in learning how to conduct each phase. Great job.

By Manoela B

Sep 23, 2022

The pacing is just right, the exercises are very useful for understanding the whole process and I felt confident in my skills after reading the course material and the extra content provided in the readings lists

By Neha G

Oct 13, 2021

Amazing course. The instructor was very friendly and engaging. Plus I love how it was very practical, you don't just sit there and watch, you actually have to do all those things, so it makes sure that you learn.

By Tina L

Apr 5, 2021

Really useful course! I am a student that major in industrial design. The course provide me lots of information. And it really help me to develop more kinds of ability and different thoughts with what I major in.