Back to Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate by Google

Start the UX design process: Empathize, Define, Ideate is the second course in a certificate program that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience (UX) design. In this course, you’ll complete the first phases of the design process for a project that you’ll be able to include in your portfolio. You will learn how to empathize with users and understand their pain points, define user needs using problem statements, and come up with lots of ideas for solutions to those user problems. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Empathize with users to understand their needs and pain points. - Create empathy maps, personas, user stories, and user journey maps to understand user needs. - Develop problem statements to define user needs. - Generate ideas for possible solutions to user problems. - Conduct competitive audits. - Start designing a mobile app, a new project to include in your professional UX portfolio....

TB

Sep 29, 2021

This course is very good & massively designed for student's who are biginner in UX field. The lecturers are also self proffessional experienced UX designer. Is not is great for carrier!!! Pretty cool!

AC

May 10, 2021

Beautifully designed course that is user friendly, and SUPER easy to use/navigate. The course has engaging and entertaining content that makes it easy to stay engaged and motivated. Nice job Google!!

151 - 175 of 1,142 Reviews for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

By ayrton a

Apr 25, 2022

This help me a lot to understand the process and the importance to understand users.

Im apliying the knowledege that i get from this course on my current freelances works payed.

By ABSM A A N

Apr 20, 2022

Absoulutely this Learning journey was amazing. I have Learned Many things from here. Though it is sometimes a hard lot of things has learn from there. I finished one more step

By Thayline V d S

Feb 23, 2022

I really learned a lot about the processes of empathizing, defining and ideating a project. Many cool ideas of how to complete theses steps, specially the brainstorming phase.

By MANUEL E P S

Jul 1, 2021

Is very interesting the content is easy to undertand, a lot of information, the practice activities helps u to better understand the theme, and the teacher is very charismatic

By Rizki R F

Sep 13, 2021

The expert mentors from Google gave me a very detailed and structured explanation, and finally... I just finished this course after almost 2 months!

Thanks! Google & Coursera

By CIRIELLO V

Jul 6, 2021

Great Course! Concepts like Research UX research and bias, accessibility design, user journey, problem statement, hypothesis statement, value proposition passionated me a lot

By Lyle-Dane W

Jun 22, 2021

Brilliant! Emily did a fantastic job, she just made it so much easier. Thanks to Shabi too for popping up again and helping us really consider Accessibility. Great job guys!

By Benelli B

Apr 29, 2022

Es ist auf jeden Fall amüsant einen UX Design Kurs bei coursera zu machen. Je mehr man lernt wie UX sein sollte, desto mehr ärgert einen die Bedienbarkeit coursera Seite :D

By Mohamad Z A

May 5, 2022

We strive to be better with our competitors. The important thing is to reap profits. Happiness is all we wish to find solutions for everything that suits our best product.

By Bernadett C

May 2, 2021

Learned a lot of new procedures that I will use when creatinga design, to make a better product. Really like the interactive parts and the assignments are varied and fun.

By Nildeep J

Feb 10, 2022

It was a great experience and learnig the Process of empathizing with User and come up with different ideas and create user journey. And of course do cometitive audit.

By ARITRO K S

May 16, 2021

The course was great, with detailed explanation and a lot of examples. The assessments and quizzes were very helpful. My experience with this course was really awesome.

By Ivana- D B

Sep 2, 2021

It was very informative and Iearned a lot. I loved the asignments and had a lot of fun doing them. Looking forward to lerning more from these lovely people. Thank you!

By Veronica C

May 19, 2021

This is a very well thought out and detail orientated course. Very interesting and the attention to detail shows the amount of dedication it took to build this course.

By B V V

Apr 5, 2022

It was a new and amazing experience taking this course. I really enjoyed it. Assignments were challenging. The tutor was simply superb, her teaching style is awesome.

By Nazrin T

Feb 25, 2022

It helped to add detailed information to the basic UX design process. Course was easy to follow and tasks were somewhat challenging but managable. Thank you so much

By Meraj S

Nov 30, 2021

I am very happy and satisfied with this course, it worth learning with such a experienced and polite instructors. I definitely suggest my friends to do this course.

By Favour U

Jun 27, 2021

I​ totally enjoyed the learning process. The sessions were very intensive and I found the activities very exciting. I wish more people would experience this course.

By Chris E

May 6, 2022

Really good, straightforward video and reading lectures. Best part is all the assignments can be added to my UX Portfolio that I will eventually show to employers.

By GVN S

May 2, 2022

I am beginning to enjoy more and more after this course and the contents are really understandable even for someone like me who has zero experience in UX design

By Faryal R B

Mar 19, 2022

Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate is the second vourse but the most intresting i've found tonne of knowledge from the team. Thanks guys

By Obende F O

Feb 11, 2022

Its a fully detaile course. The quizzes and tasks are top notch and help to actually mirror what we will potentially face in the field as future UI/UX designers

By Qamar H

Mar 22, 2022

Very Informative. Every concept is presented in very simple and easy to understable way. With practical examples and assignments, I have now clear view of UX.

By Shalva M

Apr 13, 2022

It was a great course combined of comprehensive materialss that really help understand the fundamental principles of a given issue in a short amount of time.

By Sejal 2

Mar 9, 2022

Empathize being important process i gain insights for the same. Excellent tutors and challenging helped me gain hands on experience and excel in the process.