Back to Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate by Google

Start the UX design process: Empathize, Define, Ideate is the second course in a certificate program that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience (UX) design. In this course, you’ll complete the first phases of the design process for a project that you’ll be able to include in your portfolio. You will learn how to empathize with users and understand their pain points, define user needs using problem statements, and come up with lots of ideas for solutions to those user problems. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Empathize with users to understand their needs and pain points. - Create empathy maps, personas, user stories, and user journey maps to understand user needs. - Develop problem statements to define user needs. - Generate ideas for possible solutions to user problems. - Conduct competitive audits. - Start designing a mobile app, a new project to include in your professional UX portfolio....

TB

Sep 29, 2021

This course is very good & massively designed for student's who are biginner in UX field. The lecturers are also self proffessional experienced UX designer. Is not is great for carrier!!! Pretty cool!

AC

May 10, 2021

Beautifully designed course that is user friendly, and SUPER easy to use/navigate. The course has engaging and entertaining content that makes it easy to stay engaged and motivated. Nice job Google!!

76 - 100 of 1,134 Reviews for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

By Tahta A

Jul 26, 2021

P​robably the most challenging course that I took because I got overwhelmed to conduct with real people that I don't know who. The course provides me a set of tools to overcome every step to gain the research that I need for the course. And most importantly It could be implemented in a realistic situation when the first time I step into a real job.

By Muhammad T S

Feb 3, 2022

This course was amazing for me! I learnt alot in this course including how to identify what are the weaknesses and strenghts of our competitors. How to empathize with users, how to think like a user and how to define user correctly using their pain points. I love to be the part of this course. And moving forward to the third one! Happy Learning :)

By Montakan S

Aug 29, 2021

Great course! This course is fundamental to UX research. I have learned a lot about how to conduct UX research. There are many tools and strategies applied for this part. Empathize, define, and ideate are the first three steps of the overall design process before prototyping and testing. It's very important. It’s hard, but it’s worth it!

By Meagan R

Dec 8, 2021

This was a great course, and the peer-review really helped. I got nervous however because my deadline was approaching and there were no submissions to review. I hope that google can make "mock submissions" for students who need to review work so that the lack of people going through the course does not affect the study plan.

By Stavroula K

Sep 28, 2021

The instructor was so friendly and happy, also helpful and with lots of examples. Generally the course was really insightful and I learned a lot, but I think it would be great if you could teach us how to incorporate all the hands on exercises in our portfolio, because mine is still empty and I do not know how to fill it in

By John W W

Nov 10, 2021

T​his course added so much new information into my foundation for UX design. From foundational research to post launch research, surveys to competitive audits I'm really starting to get a better picture of what this profession entails and what to expect from a typical project or work day. My favorite course so far!

By Priska D D

Apr 4, 2022

The course provides very detailed information. I learn how to start the ux design process from the very start, step by every detailed step. I love how the teachers give the lessons in a fun way, and I love how they motivate me by their language and short videos from expert. Thanks a lot for such precious course!

By Daphne M

May 9, 2021

Very informative and valuable course. The material was explained in an approachable way and more complex concepts were broken down to make them easy to understand. It's a very comprehensive overview of the research that needs to be done leading up to the ideation phase in the design process. Very well done!

By Sanglui

May 22, 2022

E​njoying my time learning about UX/UI. The competitve audit was very extenstive (or maybe i just put a lot more effort into mine then was needed?) If there is a way to inform learners in advance about how long Course 2 compared to Course 1 i think that would be helpful. Thanks for creating this for us!

By harshad p

May 29, 2021

Google has done good job by introducing this UX course. Enjoyed this course and learn empathizing users building their journey maps, creating personas. I feel Auditing competitors is bit hard for me but will work on it too. Over all I am happy with this course. Thank you all instructors of this course.

By designeraj

Mar 20, 2022

Absolutely loved this course. It was a great experience. The speakers were good designers who shared their vision from beginning to end. I do it just for a few weeks, and I am happy to receive my certificate. I will recommend those who want to learn UI UX Design from scratch. Thank you, Googlers!

By Erik R

May 23, 2021

I learnt a lot from this course and it's importance in the UX design process, the topics were given their importance and were very detailed so there's wasn't gaps. I really enjoyed how the professor talked and motivates me even more every session. I would definitely recommend it in the future.

By Nop C

Aug 15, 2021

The course is very helpful for those who want to become both UX researcher and UX designer. I'll will absolutely review this course when i start building my business whether digital or physical. However, i'm planing to open my restuarant so, i found this really helpful. Appreciate this course

By Matt M

Apr 27, 2021

This UX Design course is all about research and teaches about bias, user interviews, personas, user stories, problem statements, competitive audits and reports. The last project is challenging, but if you immerse yourself in the content the course provides you along the way, you will be fine!

By Ari C

Jun 1, 2021

The lesson and the instructor are AMAZING. However, the discussion forum is slightly hard to use. It's not so hard to find the posts we posted ourselves, but it's extremely difficult to find the comments we made under other peoples'. That more or less discourages us to network on the forum.

By Lina C

Feb 17, 2022

The journey was amazing and as a learner, you get the grow your knowledge with basic courses, and what I even loved more is the idea that it is for everyone you don't have to be a professional to understand the courses. I highly recommend this course to everyone in the business industry.

By Zack E

Apr 5, 2022

Well paced, full of information, and great instructor. I really must commend the Google team for selecting a great cast of instructors. They're are all easy to understand and listen to. They make learning less boring than it has to be. An overall informative and enjoyable experience.

By Sindu T S

May 17, 2022

I FOUND THE RESEARCH AND IDEATION PROCESS TO BE VERY HELPFUL IN UNDERSTANDING UX AS A PROCESS. THE INSTRUCTORS WERE ALSO MADE UNDERSTANDING IT VERY EASY AND INTERESTING. I HAVE DETAILED OUT THE CHALLENGES FACED BY ME IN THE COFFEE ORDERING APP ASSIGNMENT EARLIER DURING THE COURSE.

By SAPARIYA K P

Jun 24, 2021

Overall all the process gone well but one request is there if you can give videos and fill the details that are like personas and user journey map and other things so imagine if you could fill the form and learners will also do that simultaneously then it would be more better.

By Nerinette R

Mar 31, 2022

Great course that will prepare you for a career in UX. Very important course to take if you are still unsure whether to continue on the UX path or maybe look into UI. After this course, you will be looking at products, websites, and apps with new eyes and that's exciting.

By Joshua D

Aug 31, 2021

Very informative, stellar instruction, and the assignments bring out the very best inside of you. They were NOT a walk in the park; but they were not unreasonably challenging either. It was the right amount of challenge mixed with the appropriate dose of fun and enjoyment.

By JISHNU S

Mar 23, 2022

In this course, I understand how to conduct research, empathize with users to understand their different needs and pain points, create user stories and problem statements, build user journey maps, define the user problems, and ideate solutions based on your results.

By Nini A

May 16, 2022

I​t has been a pleasure participate in this course. During these steps I have learned to empathize not only with users but including to myself. It is rewarded to get out of paper and put into practice all the learnings. I strongly recommend this course, go for it!

By Omkar S

Sep 29, 2021

Totally amazing course! Felt a bit long but the course material is just awesome. The slides presentation feels like having less slides than the work we are doing and the overuse of Google Sans font feels off. But for the learning purpose this course is very good!!

By Jackson B

Mar 24, 2021

I really enjoyed learning about how to conduct research as a designer. It's super cool to get into the nuts and bolts of what goes behind the designs themselves. I learned a lot of things I would've never known, and the information was fun and easily digestible.