Back to Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate by Google

Start the UX design process: Empathize, Define, Ideate is the second course in a certificate program that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience (UX) design. In this course, you’ll complete the first phases of the design process for a project that you’ll be able to include in your portfolio. You will learn how to empathize with users and understand their pain points, define user needs using problem statements, and come up with lots of ideas for solutions to those user problems. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Empathize with users to understand their needs and pain points. - Create empathy maps, personas, user stories, and user journey maps to understand user needs. - Develop problem statements to define user needs. - Generate ideas for possible solutions to user problems. - Conduct competitive audits. - Start designing a mobile app, a new project to include in your professional UX portfolio....

TB

Sep 29, 2021

This course is very good & massively designed for student's who are biginner in UX field. The lecturers are also self proffessional experienced UX designer. Is not is great for carrier!!! Pretty cool!

ND

Aug 5, 2021

My instructor was engaging and communicated very well. The transcription was super handy and I loved that the reading after the lecture re-emphasized the content of the lecture. Excellent. Thank you.

126 - 150 of 1,117 Reviews for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

By Daniel I L A

Jan 5, 2022

Muy buen curso, aprendes muchas cosas útiles y técnicas para enfocarse en los usuarios, sus necesidades y la manera de resolver problemáticas, analizar datos y generar soluciones de manera muy práctica

By stephanie r r

Nov 22, 2021

This course has excellent information and guidance that allowed me to get to know my user, know what he wants, how to use it, and for the user to guide me how I can further improve my product design.

By Lucas G

Jun 8, 2021

I really enjoyed this course! Was a nice experience. Sometimes I just think that maybe somethings should come first and others later. Dont know yet. But its a good introduction with good exercises.

By Bruno P

May 6, 2021

The UX Program was created for professionals in any field to become professional User Experience Designers even if they have no previous experience in Design. This is fantastic. Thank you so much!

By Saori T

Feb 28, 2022

For me is very important to dedicate time. So thank you so much for having the feature to extend my deadline. I really like this way of learning because I feel valued and respected. Thanks again.

By Ujjawal K S

Feb 10, 2022

The course ie well designed and covers all the basis of user experience before the design process. Course has introduced so many frameworks for empathize, ideate and define the user's problem.

By Sultan A

Nov 19, 2021

This course was very informative, I benefited a lot from it, thanks to all the trainers and people who prepared and prepared the syllabus for this course. Thank you Coursera, thank you Google.

By Tony S

Aug 28, 2021

​Research is not my stong suit, and it was a challenge for me to get through this course. Now that I've completed this portion I have developed a new appreciation for UX research and design.

By Shane T

Apr 27, 2021

Course instructor was absolutely fantastic - and delivers the knowledge in such a succinct, charismatic way. The content is superb, and the assignments challenging. A very worthwhile course.

By Hiu W ( W

Jun 5, 2021

This course is very detailed and is as challenging as you make it to be, so I would suggest to complete each task as serious as you can in order prepare for good contents for your portfolio

By faiza s

Dec 30, 2021

this course is great , i learn a lot about how to empathize with the user and know their pain points and how to define the problem that should be addressed and how to ideate solution ideas

By Diep K S

Dec 29, 2021

I love this course. It's really informative and easy-to-learn, I believe that everything I learned in this course will help me a lot in my career path. Thank you instuctors and all of you.

By Jay L

Jun 1, 2021

E​xtremely well structured course, and good a mount of relevant reading topics. Easy to digest information and videos. Very happy this was recommended to me and I signed up straight away.

By Nandita G

Mar 30, 2022

I learnt so much! The entire UX design series is very hands on and this course is no different. I would say that it's not easy but if you are willing to learn then you will have a blast.

By Nadia I

Jan 31, 2022

its a great way actually this course really enlighten me about the docummentation and how things works! It's really a great choice. thankyou so much for providing this class for beginner

By vicky s

Jul 13, 2021

​An awesome course with good explanations and tasks. At the end of the course, it enabled me to think the other way that I usually do not do on looking at any object.\n\nThank you team.

By Harsh P

Sep 18, 2021

One of the best course I have ever done. Learned a lot new things from this course. I must say if anyone want to start UX/UI designing this course will lead the best way to conquer it.

By Gabriele P

Mar 23, 2022

This course is so rich in content! I love how they make learn such an easy and pleasure thing. The obligatory assignments are always the bests to the learners practice what they know.

By Drew W

May 19, 2021

Appropriately more rigorous than the last course. Learned some useful processes my B.S. program did not go over in our studies. Instructor experience was pleasant and informative.

By Nadia Y C Q

Feb 13, 2022

I'm very happy to have completed this course where I learned a lot about the user and apply it to my app, it was a unique experience, all the information I had is valuable to me.

By ayrton a

Apr 25, 2022

This help me a lot to understand the process and the importance to understand users.

Im apliying the knowledege that i get from this course on my current freelances works payed.

By ABSM A A N

Apr 20, 2022

Absoulutely this Learning journey was amazing. I have Learned Many things from here. Though it is sometimes a hard lot of things has learn from there. I finished one more step

By Thayline V d S

Feb 23, 2022

I really learned a lot about the processes of empathizing, defining and ideating a project. Many cool ideas of how to complete theses steps, specially the brainstorming phase.

By MANUEL E P S

Jul 1, 2021

Is very interesting the content is easy to undertand, a lot of information, the practice activities helps u to better understand the theme, and the teacher is very charismatic

By Rizki R F

Sep 13, 2021

The expert mentors from Google gave me a very detailed and structured explanation, and finally... I just finished this course after almost 2 months!

Thanks! Google & Coursera