Back to Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate by Google

Start the UX design process: Empathize, Define, Ideate is the second course in a certificate program that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience (UX) design. In this course, you’ll complete the first phases of the design process for a project that you’ll be able to include in your portfolio. You will learn how to empathize with users and understand their pain points, define user needs using problem statements, and come up with lots of ideas for solutions to those user problems. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Empathize with users to understand their needs and pain points. - Create empathy maps, personas, user stories, and user journey maps to understand user needs. - Develop problem statements to define user needs. - Generate ideas for possible solutions to user problems. - Conduct competitive audits. - Start designing a mobile app, a new project to include in your professional UX portfolio....

TB

Sep 29, 2021

This course is very good & massively designed for student's who are biginner in UX field. The lecturers are also self proffessional experienced UX designer. Is not is great for carrier!!! Pretty cool!

AC

May 10, 2021

Beautifully designed course that is user friendly, and SUPER easy to use/navigate. The course has engaging and entertaining content that makes it easy to stay engaged and motivated. Nice job Google!!

201 - 225 of 1,142 Reviews for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

By Zully M

Jun 24, 2021

For me, the course was a challenge. I learned about key elements to the empathize, define and ideate process. I'm enjoying this certificate.

By Josmi G

Feb 15, 2022

The instructor made the course super interesting and resourceful. The documents and reading particular is so well made. Thank you so much!!

By Patricia M

May 4, 2021

El curso es muy completo y ayuda al estudiante, en cada paso, a realizar las actividades e incorporar los conocimientos mediante práctica.

By Ahsan A

Dec 22, 2021

This course was very interesting, as a psychologist I do knew some of the terms mentioned but still it helped me to enhance my knowledge.

By Felipe C

Jun 29, 2021

The content is great. I learned a lot from this course. There is a good balance between articles, videos, exercises and other activities.

By Leila.P.Z E Q

Jun 23, 2021

I enjoyed the practical aspect of having a real project to work on, and I also found the peer-graded assignments to be of great benefit.

By Tania A M

Mar 4, 2022

Excelent course. I really enjoyed it and i learned a lot about research. The course highlighted my weaknesses and made me overcome them.

By Samantha M P

Oct 18, 2021

Muy buen curso! ciertamente creo que se necesita un poco más de tiempo para las actividades de este bloque que son un poco más complejas

By Purujit S

Mar 8, 2022

Very Good Course. Instructors explain very well. Thank You to everyone who made efforts for making this course accessible to all of us.

By Dorna Z

Oct 3, 2021

​I didn't know anything about UI UX Design when I staretd this course. Now I have a lot of skills under my belt. I'm so happy about it.

By Mark R

May 15, 2021

Excellent Class. Very Challenging. Very informative. Will be taking two weeks off for family commitments. I look forward to next class.

By Ashini L

Dec 24, 2021

It was a fantastic learning experience. Because of this training, I'm able to look at things from a new angle than I previously could.

By Hoi D

Mar 24, 2021

Great course! Learned a lot about the frame of mind behind the UX design process. The biases in research section was very interesting.

By Naveen S

Jan 13, 2022

Good! that's improve my knowledge for how to build a products base on 3 methods on this course. and completed our tasks step by step.

By MITULKUMAR N

Nov 3, 2021

SUCH A AMAZING COURSE!!! I'm giving it 5 start because this one is my personal favorite and the teach pattern is also very memorable.

By Ivan V S

Sep 21, 2021

Pretty deep information about UX Researcher, if you going to dedicate in this area it's too important each section! Keep it going....

By Paula R

Aug 5, 2021

Excellent course, concrete explanations and case studies that help you refine your knowledge and meet objectives. Highly recommended.

By Umesh S

Jun 7, 2021

This 2nd part of ux designing course was full of essential knowledge required to become a great ux designer. Thanks Google & Coursera

By Suzette G

Dec 7, 2021

This was a thorough, engaging and well organized course. I look forward to continuing with the following courses in the certificate.

By Vivi C

Sep 8, 2021

I​ can't wait to learn the skills of: User experience, UX research, Wireframe, Prototype, User experience design in the next course!

By Jason G P

May 16, 2021

Really nice experience of learning about users, research and how to identify the main problems in order to build better experiences.

By Harshavardhan A

May 5, 2021

There are so many things that you can learn about empathy maps, ideating process, problem defining, and creating competitive audits.

By Francisco U

Feb 15, 2022

Great course to learn to empathize with users and be able to generate a connection with them to solve problems. I highly recommend.

By Danitza C

Jul 6, 2021

i​ like the way that the user is the center of the design, and I liek to knew new techincs to ideate new productus base on the user

By Bělohlávková T

Jun 2, 2021

I​ntense, this course required doing a lot more hands-on assighnemts. I enjoyed this course as I learned many new things. Thank you