Back to Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate by Google

Start the UX design process: Empathize, Define, Ideate is the second course in a certificate program that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience (UX) design. In this course, you’ll complete the first phases of the design process for a project that you’ll be able to include in your portfolio. You will learn how to empathize with users and understand their pain points, define user needs using problem statements, and come up with lots of ideas for solutions to those user problems. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Describe common UX research methods. - Empathize with users to understand their needs and pain points. - Create empathy maps, personas, user stories, and user journey maps to understand user needs. - Develop problem statements to define user needs. - Generate ideas for possible solutions to user problems. - Conduct competitive audits. - Identify and account for biases in UX research. - Start designing a mobile app, a new project to include in your professional UX portfolio....

RS
Mar 23, 2021

A great foundational wealth of knowledge on how to start the UX Design process. This information really helps you build a framework for the coursework within the Google UX Design certification.

RL
Mar 23, 2021

Very good course with a really solid project to follow through each week. Going through all the steps helped me think about project design with an eye towards the user experience in new ways.

1 - 25 of 90 Reviews for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

By Roman K

Mar 25, 2021

Don't like the speaker

By Lisa D L

Mar 24, 2021

This course was not only informative, but it was fun! I learned so much from the videos and readings. Having the opportunity to complete Activities and add them to my portfolio is invaluable. If you want to learn more about the UX design process and get a better understanding of empathizing, defining, and ideating, this course is what you're searching for!

By Tamer A

Apr 14, 2021

All I can say really from my heart thank you, Emily! Although, this course is stuffed with a lot of information and there are some complicated items for me, Emily demonstrated and illustrated it in a very professional way and make it more enthusiastic.

By Alice Y

Mar 10, 2021

This course thoroughly explains the process, and the psychology behind it. I feel very confident about the solution after walking through this process. This is a great course for cross functional partners to an UX designer too!

By Ravi S

By Rachel L

By Fernanda G G

Apr 13, 2021

The research techniques and frameworks in this section were incredible, it is always intimidating to start with a blank canvas but thanks to this I can have a working method.

By Jeremy B

Mar 24, 2021

I feel like I learned a lot in this course! I knew a little about UX before taking the course, but had no idea what to do before actually designing stuff. I'd heard about personas and user journeys, but didn't really get how to make them. The materials in the course walk you through it and were really helpful. Excited I've started building my first portfolio project!

By Matt M

Apr 27, 2021

This UX Design course is all about research and teaches about bias, user interviews, personas, user stories, problem statements, competitive audits and reports. The last project is challenging, but if you immerse yourself in the content the course provides you along the way, you will be fine!

By Jackson B

Mar 24, 2021

I really enjoyed learning about how to conduct research as a designer. It's super cool to get into the nuts and bolts of what goes behind the designs themselves. I learned a lot of things I would've never known, and the information was fun and easily digestible.

By Allen P

Apr 11, 2021

I am happy to have created Empathy Map, Personas, User Journey, User Story, Problem Statement and User flow for my Portfolio Project. The course is very handson which really helps in learning the concepts. Compared to other courses very cheap also.

By Erin P

May 2, 2021

Great course. I would say the time it takes to do the activities was underestimated. The last week especially, with several activities throughout and then a peer-reviewed assignment, probably should have been broken up into 2 weeks.

By Tina

Apr 5, 2021

Really useful course! I am a student that major in industrial design. The course provide me lots of information. And it really help me to develop more kinds of ability and different thoughts with what I major in.

By Bruno P

May 6, 2021

The UX Program was created for professionals in any field to become professional User Experience Designers even if they have no previous experience in Design. This is fantastic. Thank you so much!

By Shane T

Apr 27, 2021

Course instructor was absolutely fantastic - and delivers the knowledge in such a succinct, charismatic way. The content is superb, and the assignments challenging. A very worthwhile course.

By Aditya B

May 5, 2021

I loved how this course took me step by step to understand and do research for my app. The templates, and examples you provide were great, and the instructor was AWESOME!!!

By Bernadett C

May 2, 2021

Learned a lot of new procedures that I will use when creatinga design, to make a better product. Really like the interactive parts and the assignments are varied and fun.

By Büşra A T

Apr 7, 2021

Thank you providing such material I learned many new things and had challenges to become better. I wasn't aware of many things on steps to understand users.

By Fred G

Apr 21, 2021

I loved this course! Really well thought out, really interesting. Not only did I like the assignments, I liked reading my fellow student's work, as well.

By Patricia M

May 4, 2021

El curso es muy completo y ayuda al estudiante, en cada paso, a realizar las actividades e incorporar los conocimientos mediante práctica.

By Hoi D

Mar 24, 2021

Great course! Learned a lot about the frame of mind behind the UX design process. The biases in research section was very interesting.

By Harshavardhan A

May 5, 2021

There are so many things that you can learn about empathy maps, ideating process, problem defining, and creating competitive audits.

By Andrés S

May 5, 2021

Amazing course, it was a challenge for those of us who are new to this whole UX process. But I loved every part of it.

By Kiran S

Apr 18, 2021

Very well designed with practical and theory. I recommend this course who want really learn real UX process.

By Tasia R

Apr 4, 2021

Thorough and I loved having hands-on experiences creating relevant content for my portfolio project!