Back to Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate by Google

Start the UX design process: Empathize, Define, Ideate is the second course in a certificate program that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience (UX) design. In this course, you’ll complete the first phases of the design process for a project that you’ll be able to include in your portfolio. You will learn how to empathize with users and understand their pain points, define user needs using problem statements, and come up with lots of ideas for solutions to those user problems. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Describe common UX research methods. - Empathize with users to understand their needs and pain points. - Create empathy maps, personas, user stories, and user journey maps to understand user needs. - Develop problem statements to define user needs. - Generate ideas for possible solutions to user problems. - Conduct competitive audits. - Identify and account for biases in UX research. - Start designing a mobile app, a new project to include in your professional UX portfolio....

AC
May 10, 2021

Beautifully designed course that is user friendly, and SUPER easy to use/navigate. The course has engaging and entertaining content that makes it easy to stay engaged and motivated. Nice job Google!!

RS
Mar 23, 2021

A great foundational wealth of knowledge on how to start the UX Design process. This information really helps you build a framework for the coursework within the Google UX Design certification.

1 - 25 of 100 Reviews for Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate

By Gunay H

May 3, 2021

Some assignments were confusing (week 5) - the google drive file was not opening (week 5)

By Roman K

Mar 25, 2021

Don't like the speaker

By Lisa D L

Mar 24, 2021

This course was not only informative, but it was fun! I learned so much from the videos and readings. Having the opportunity to complete Activities and add them to my portfolio is invaluable. If you want to learn more about the UX design process and get a better understanding of empathizing, defining, and ideating, this course is what you're searching for!

By Tamer A

Apr 14, 2021

All I can say really from my heart thank you, Emily! Although, this course is stuffed with a lot of information and there are some complicated items for me, Emily demonstrated and illustrated it in a very professional way and make it more enthusiastic.

By Alice Y

Mar 10, 2021

This course thoroughly explains the process, and the psychology behind it. I feel very confident about the solution after walking through this process. This is a great course for cross functional partners to an UX designer too!

By Ravi S

By Rachel L

Mar 24, 2021

Very good course with a really solid project to follow through each week. Going through all the steps helped me think about project design with an eye towards the user experience in new ways.

By Fernanda G G

Apr 13, 2021

The research techniques and frameworks in this section were incredible, it is always intimidating to start with a blank canvas but thanks to this I can have a working method.

By Aditya B

May 5, 2021

I loved how this course took me step by step to understand and do research for my app. The templates, and examples you provide were great, and the instructor was AWESOME!!!

By Andrés S

May 5, 2021

Amazing course, it was a challenge for those of us who are new to this whole UX process. But I loved every part of it.

By Kiran S

Apr 18, 2021

Very well designed with practical and theory. I recommend this course who want really learn real UX process.

By Sarah A

Apr 26, 2021

The information contained in this course is great and very easy to understand. My only issue is that for many of us the templates needed to submit the final weeks peer reviewed assignment would not give us access and there is no one to contact for help about it.

By Hà Đ

Apr 11, 2021

For assignment rubric, criteria grading should be clear and focused to the quality, so learners can do their assignments seriously

By Monem S

Apr 24, 2021

There are a lot of ways to improve this course assignment.

By Jiacheng G

Apr 24, 2021

The weekly challenge can take you a lot of hours.

By Ramiro C

Mar 16, 2021

Very wordy and not really any meat to the content.

By Jeremy B

Mar 24, 2021

I feel like I learned a lot in this course! I knew a little about UX before taking the course, but had no idea what to do before actually designing stuff. I'd heard about personas and user journeys, but didn't really get how to make them. The materials in the course walk you through it and were really helpful. Excited I've started building my first portfolio project!

By Daphne M

May 9, 2021

Very informative and valuable course. The material was explained in an approachable way and more complex concepts were broken down to make them easy to understand. It's a very comprehensive overview of the research that needs to be done leading up to the ideation phase in the design process. Very well done!

By Matt M

Apr 27, 2021

This UX Design course is all about research and teaches about bias, user interviews, personas, user stories, problem statements, competitive audits and reports. The last project is challenging, but if you immerse yourself in the content the course provides you along the way, you will be fine!

By Jackson B

Mar 24, 2021

I really enjoyed learning about how to conduct research as a designer. It's super cool to get into the nuts and bolts of what goes behind the designs themselves. I learned a lot of things I would've never known, and the information was fun and easily digestible.

By Allen P

Apr 11, 2021

I am happy to have created Empathy Map, Personas, User Journey, User Story, Problem Statement and User flow for my Portfolio Project. The course is very handson which really helps in learning the concepts. Compared to other courses very cheap also.

By Erin P

May 2, 2021

Great course. I would say the time it takes to do the activities was underestimated. The last week especially, with several activities throughout and then a peer-reviewed assignment, probably should have been broken up into 2 weeks.

By Tina

Apr 5, 2021

Really useful course! I am a student that major in industrial design. The course provide me lots of information. And it really help me to develop more kinds of ability and different thoughts with what I major in.

By Angela C

May 11, 2021

By Bruno P

May 6, 2021

The UX Program was created for professionals in any field to become professional User Experience Designers even if they have no previous experience in Design. This is fantastic. Thank you so much!