Back to Capstone: Your Story

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Capstone: Your Story by Wesleyan University

Everything comes together in the Capstone. You will draft a complete story, narrative essay, or memoir of 8–15 pages. With the advice of your peer readers, you will revise, rewrite, and complete it. The skills you’ve learned of plotting, setting, physical description, characterization, and stylistic clarity and innovation will culminate in an original work of art all your own. We’ll discuss the steps that professional writers take to bring their work into the public world. Along the way you’ll learn the patient habits of revision that make up the writer’s life....

TB
May 8, 2020

I got so, so much out of this! It's not only helped me with my own writing, but it's helped me with being able to be a better editor, also. Enjoyed being able to read other writers' works, as well.

AM
Oct 24, 2018

It was challenging and inspiring, one of the best courses I have taken. I took my writing to new places and learned quite a lot : ) Thank you so much for the opportunity and platform for learning.

51 - 75 of 117 Reviews for Capstone: Your Story

By Christine L R

Feb 25, 2018

Helpful program to tackle larger writing projects, detailing how to get started and keep momentum throughout.

By adriene j

May 12, 2018

Pacing just right; helpful assignments; solid, constructive teaching; tough yet encouraging peer review

By Joel R

Dec 21, 2016

Really enjoyed doing the capstone project! It was difficult at times, but totally worth it in the end!

By Patricia H V R

Aug 22, 2020

Nice experience. Very productive. It would be nice to have more accompaniment from the instructors.

By JOHN Q

Mar 5, 2017

Really fun and a course I used on my first two books which will be published at amazon this month.

By Yonathan A

Jan 29, 2021

A really great course, very helpful, reading others stories is essential to this program. Great!

By Royne C G

May 8, 2018

Amazing, great tutors, for everyone who's looking to expand the horizons. Highly recommended.

By Dayal P

Jul 31, 2020

Outstanding experience. Brilliant support. Learnt a lot about writing and honing my skills.

By Leo J R

Apr 17, 2019

Another enjoyable and rewarding class. Feedback from other students was very helpful.

By Jane D

Dec 16, 2019

This was a great experience! I have learnt a lot and know how to keep learning now!

By Nancy S

Feb 15, 2018

Great instructions... professors...and exercises to strengthen your writing.

By Gicela H y G

Jun 8, 2017

An excellent course aimed to improve your writing in the best way possible!

By Ivan L A

Jun 26, 2017

Helped me more than all the books I read about creative writing combined.

By Sahara Z F

Nov 14, 2020

An excellent course for all of those looking for a way to start writing.

By Francisco R S H

Jul 19, 2018

I loved it. It was a great opportunity to learn how to write a story.

By SAHIL Y

Jul 26, 2020

brilliant course. it will completely test your abilities to write.

By Edgar A B V D B

Jul 7, 2020

Amazing course. I recommend it to all lovers of creative writing.

By KayCee K

May 11, 2017

Really enjoyed this class, and the others that goes with it!

By Esther M

Feb 20, 2017

This is a great series. Stay with it all the way through!

By Jessica R S

Jun 2, 2017

It's a whole lot of work, but I am enjoying it a lot.

By Divya J

Dec 24, 2020

I really like the course. Great Job!! Great Course!!

By Evita K

Jan 24, 2019

I enjoyed it and advise others to take it :)

By Bheki L

Oct 6, 2020

Excellent Course. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

By Pawee S

Jan 8, 2018

Very challenging exercise. Good contents.

By Travis W C

Nov 21, 2017

This was a great learning experience!