Back to Strategic Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Strategic Management by Copenhagen Business School

The world of business strategy is in transition. What used to work doesn't anymore -- not necessarily. This course prepares you to think strategically in an age when companies like Apple, Google, and Microsoft have become more valuable (in market cap terms) than companies like Exxon. Today, business value and competitive advantage arise more often from consumer perceptions of what is "cool" than from physical assets or economies of scale. In this course -- the first of a three-course specialization tailored specifically for the age of creativity and innovation -- you will gear up for the challenges of strategy formulation and implementation in a 21st century business. After taking the course, you'll be able to: - Explain why "doing" strategy is considered "the high point of managerial activity" (Mintzberg); - Recognize and avoid the old, tired ideas about strategy that are still out there, so you can adopt fresher, better ideas; - Point out how doing strategy has changed because of advancing technology and globalization; - Prepare for the Capstone Project for the Strategic Management and Innovation Specialization...

JV
Apr 11, 2020

The course provides a good foundation for the most famous strategy concepts. I have appreciated the capstone project which gives you the opportunity to apply the theories learned in the first 3 weeks.

TV
Sep 20, 2016

I liked the course a lot, the references were great and gave me great insight about Strategic Management. The lecturer was really good, specially if you compare him to the one in Strategy Formulation.

51 - 75 of 857 Reviews for Strategic Management

By Juan C M

Aug 17, 2018

Un excelente curso introductorio sobre los antecedentes y tendencias actuales del pensamiento estratégico aplicado al mundo de los negocios. Muy ágil, con ejemplos relevantes , material de apoyo e indicaciones de referencias bibliográficas para profundizar en el tema. Altamente recomendable

By nish c

Jan 7, 2017

Interesting take on Strategy. Essentially putting a question mark on top heavy and number driven approach to strategy and almost aligning with the lean methodology of building organizations. I wish there were more challenging cases though - looking forward to the next course in the series.

By Daniela L B

Jul 17, 2016

Easy to be followed: it offers references for further reading, the videos are easy to understand and we can always use the subtitles. No previous background on Management or Finance required. It was the first course I ever got to finish on Coursera and it will be the first of many others.

By Silvia F

Aug 31, 2018

I have never been so satisfied with an online course! I understand these are all non-credited courses, but the knowledge I have gained so far on Strategic Management, is opening up my mind to an area that I never thought I would be interested in. Great course and I highly recommend it!

By Ahmad A

Oct 29, 2015

The Course was very informative. Apparent creativity in presenting the subject, however it's too bad to not to be able to participate in the following courses without payment. I would really appreciate re-considering this matter.

Thanks all Copenhagen Business School & Coursera Staffs

By Vanessa R

Nov 23, 2020

The professor was amazing, someone should choose to attend the course just for him. so passionate and keeps up your interest and attention to learn what's next. I feel grateful that I had the chance from my firm to attend Coursera' s online courses. Valuable knowledge and experience

By Shreyans N

Oct 23, 2016

This course, Strategic Management is a great course in term of both fundamentally as well as technically. Professor Austin has literally opened my closed thoughts about Strategic management and I wish talk to him more about various vision every company holds. Thank you Coursera.

By Patricia C

Aug 30, 2017

This was a fantastic course. Before taking this course I had no idea of the concepts surrounding strategy management. Now I have learnt a great deal.

Utmost, I am grateful to the lecturer for a good and engaging delivery of the course & thank you Coursera for the opportunity!

By Anjana S

Oct 25, 2016

I enjoyed being part of a course where the expectation was to learn, analyze and apply principles and views. I particularly had fun researching for examples and articles as part of the final assignment. My perspective now has moved beyond that of a quality assurance analyst.

By karin

Feb 10, 2020

This course was totally easy and practical. I highly recommend this course and program. I should thank CBS and the experienced and terrific Professor Robert Austin (Professor, Management of Creativity and Innovation Department of Management, Politics, and Philosophy - CBS).

By Parsa Z

Apr 9, 2020

Great designed course in Strategic management, I appreciate from Coursera and CBS for providing the profound course, However, it would be great if Reading section get an update, because all of the reading assignments are from 2010 and some of them are not available anymore

By Do H L

Jun 24, 2016

This course is amazing! It has demystified the concepts of strategy very thoroughly yet succinctly.

The instructor is very engaging, articulate and captivating! This course offers a very high level view and understanding of strategy and how businesses come up with them.

By Ali H

Oct 29, 2015

Great Course. The enthusiasm of the Professor and the introduction of the history and terminology really helps introduce the world of Strategic Management.

Definitely moving onto the Strategy Formulation Course. Many thanks to the Professor and his supporting staff.

By fares a

Sep 29, 2016

in this course you must take in mind that the past is as important as the future. You will be thoroughly taught the history of strategy, and warned not to repeat it. The golden rule that you'll gain: the world is too complex for a strategy to be put in a manual.

By Natacha J

Jun 18, 2017

My first experience doing a course in Coursera and it was amazing!

The platform has all the features that a student might need to accomplish the program and the content released by Copenhagen Business School is rich, inovative, defiant and funny at the same time.

By Perinbanathan V

Apr 30, 2019

A very good course for someone with the starting level knowledge in Strategic Management. I have completely enjoyed this course. The overall structure of the course is very neat and clean and easy to follow. The final assignment is the highlight of this course.

By Kathy L

Excellent course. Straight to the point. Knowledgeable professor. I learned a lot. I am very happy with the level of professionalism and the Coursera platform is very user-friendly. Thank you very much ! I will continue the next course in this specialization.

By Ranjan D

Apr 13, 2020

Prof. Robert Austin nicely carried us through this course explaining various strategic models and case studies. Very comprehensive and I could learn and refresh many business strategy plan, situation & decision making models. Great Learning in a short time !

By Murilo M d S

Jan 5, 2016

Wonderful course with very clear and precise information, extremely well explained making easy to understand every single topic. I guess they used lots of strategy experience into how to transfer knowledge. Thank you very much for the high quality content.

By G S

Mar 15, 2019

Strategic Management by Denmark's Copenhagen school Management has excellent course content , passes on great strategic and tactical experience to learners and professions from Industries. It sharpens the acumen for strategy formulation & development .

By Jonathan H

Feb 2, 2018

Very clear and informative, my only criticism would be the lack of support on the forums during my early attempts to understand the requirements of the Capstone project. Otherwise I would be happy to recommend the course and Professor Robert Austen.

By Alan R

Feb 11, 2016

The course is an excellent starting point for Strategic Management, Professor Robert Austin is a great instructor and the topics where really well presented. I recommend this course to everyone that is involved or interested in Strategic Management.

By Fella B

Apr 8, 2021

The Course helped me to re-connect with the strategic world which I have been away from for a while. It was a very nice refresher and also new concepts were shared in it. Therefore, I am keen on continuing the next course. Thank you very much, CBS.

By Varun S

Dec 21, 2017

Thank you for the sessions. It gave me a good starting point into the area of Strategic Management and and how can i apply the same to my current work. Looking forward to complete the full series with the capstone project and try hands on at work.

By Lipsa P

Jun 17, 2021

The course was really well formulated and less time consuming which gives the basic understanding of the subject. the inclusion of videos as well the reading part keeps the balance. looking forward to many more good courses like this in future.