Back to Summary Statistics in Public Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Summary Statistics in Public Health by Johns Hopkins University

Biostatistics is the application of statistical reasoning to the life sciences, and it is the key to unlocking the data gathered by researchers and the evidence presented in the scientific literature. In this course, we'll focus on the use of statistical measurement methods within the world of public health research. Along the way, you'll be introduced to a variety of methods and measures, and you'll practice interpreting data and performing calculations on real data from published studies. Topics include summary measures, visual displays, continuous data, sample size, the normal distribution, binary data, the element of time, and the Kaplan-Meir curve....

UK

Jul 06, 2019

Great course. The lecturer makes things so easy to understand. I love that there are additional examples available. I will definitely recommend this course to everyone in healthcare

AR

Apr 28, 2019

This is a well structured content. The course is presented in the most simplest form to accommodate complete novices. I found it very educative, practical and lucidly intense.

1 - 25 of 72 Reviews for Summary Statistics in Public Health

By Nancy Z

Mar 26, 2019

Excellent course, very succinct and easy to understand, the professor is fantastic! I was going to just take this class and now I am enrolled in the specialization, some professors are so good that make you wanna learn more, thank you.

By Ayush B

Mar 23, 2019

Excellent teaching and good examples which help in manipulating and visualizing huge data samples . Good course which i recommend for everyone.

By Konstantin G

Feb 27, 2019

Great course for an introduction into the literally limitless possibilities of interpretation of population data.

By Anyanwu R

By Daniel Y T Y

Apr 28, 2019

Easy to understand, explains normally difficult concepts very well, engaging project quizzes

By Francisco C

Apr 12, 2019

Este primer curso del programa especializado me parece simplemente fundamental en la formación de todo profesional de salud, teniendo en cuenta que el 90% o más del material que se utiliza en la práctica diaria está relacionado con el proceso de Medicina Basada en Evidencias. Realmente recomiendo este curso.

By Elizabeth L

Feb 24, 2019

I appreciated the content of this course. It is presently appropriately, at a good pace, with useful explanations. I like being able to pause the video to take notes about the slides and then restart the video listen to the professor explain them. Everything is not flawless (there are a few typos in the quizzes and occasional errors in the slides), but it is on par to what would be experienced in a classroom setting. Being able to understand differences regarding numbers of standard deviations, odds ratios, relative risks, incidence rates, and incidence rate ratios is very useful in my work --- and this course fit the bill for presenting the information straightforwardly and clearly without the professor making assumptions about my previous knowledge. The use of the Additional Examples videos helps to solidify the application of the concepts. Highly recommended!

By huaqin p

Feb 13, 2019

Dr. McGready did an excellent job putting abstract statistical terms and methods in plain languages (with good examples). I find this course very helpful!

By Anthony C

May 05, 2019

Instructor is dry, audio recordings are poor. The instructor reads off the power point way too much, doesn't simplify in a way that encourages creativity or out of the box thinking. For JHU I am very surprised - it didn't feel any different from stats work I have done in class at Purdue.

By Mark S

Feb 24, 2019

Absolutely fantastic explanation of some basic concepts in statistics that I thought previously that I had a solid understanding of. I will definitely look for additional classes taught by Dr. McGready.

By Hoon L C

Mar 03, 2019

Not only informative, this course is very useful in routine clinical practice.

Thanks a lot.

By OLATUNDE O

Mar 04, 2019

Indeed an eye opening experience

By James M

Mar 15, 2019

Excellent course. Dr. McGready is so clear and concise. Can't wait to get to the next module.

By Mavroudis I

May 02, 2019

Excellent!!! I'm thrilled to have taken it!!!

By Andrea G

Apr 21, 2019

It is a great course to enroll with basic skills in statistics.

By Ezeobi O

Apr 08, 2019

Quite informative and engaging. I enjoyed every bit of it

By Thomas J H

Apr 08, 2019

Friendly intro, with excellent examples.

By Tammy P

Jun 11, 2019

This was an AMAZING course, largely due to Dr. McGready! You made a sometimes difficult subject make perfect sense. I actually loved learning how to interpret different statistical measures. Thank you for the awesome instructional lectures and examples.

By Sandeep K

Jun 21, 2019

one of the best course to start with statistics, the quiz is tricky

I would recommend it for the beginners

By Dr. A S

Jun 23, 2019

EXCELLENT COURSE FOR BEGINNER

By kelvin o

Jun 27, 2019

Excellent course

By Cassandra N

Jul 01, 2019

Great information, organized, and well presented. I would like to review why some answers were incorrect. Thank you!

By Elena L

Jul 05, 2019

I enjoyed this course, great professor, easy to understand.

By Ulrick S K K

Jul 06, 2019

By Nachiket M

Jul 14, 2019

This is an excellent course. Professor McGready is an excellent teacher. He has real passion for the subject and that kept me engrossed throughout the course.