Back to Summary Statistics in Public Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Summary Statistics in Public Health by Johns Hopkins University

Biostatistics is the application of statistical reasoning to the life sciences, and it is the key to unlocking the data gathered by researchers and the evidence presented in the scientific literature. In this course, we'll focus on the use of statistical measurement methods within the world of public health research. Along the way, you'll be introduced to a variety of methods and measures, and you'll practice interpreting data and performing calculations on real data from published studies. Topics include summary measures, visual displays, continuous data, sample size, the normal distribution, binary data, the element of time, and the Kaplan-Meir curve....

AA
Jan 10, 2021

This is a good and enticing introduction for the rest of the Coursera Specialization where it belongs. For added value, consider taking this course with a biostatistics textbook for better retention.

AB
Apr 23, 2020

I am glad to learn a lot of terms in statistics and how to use and interpret them in the context of Public Health researches. The Instructor provided enough examples to understand the lessons better.

51 - 75 of 279 Reviews for Summary Statistics in Public Health

By Sarah A

Jul 9, 2020

it was a wonderful course. I was able to learn a lot and apply my understanding on real-life studies. I can now not only read scientific papers but also interpret the results and understand what they mean!

By Denis R

Very clear and concise explanations of the basic statistical concepts. I would highly recommend this course to anyone wishing to brush up on their statistics knowledge or as an introduction into the field.

By Hosam M G A

Aug 4, 2020

This course in Summary Statistics is strongly rich in its material and the instructor elaborates and explains many examples to make the points easily understood. I recommend it to all learners interested.

By nuzhat h

Aug 7, 2020

I really enjoyed doing the mathematical problems. It was helpful in doing graphical and mathematical interpretations practice. I also got experience in handling various public health data.

Thank youuu..

By Natasha N

Jun 2, 2020

This course is a well designed one for summary statistics. The instructor, Dr. John McGready is exceptional at simplifying the concepts. The clarity provided is good. Glad to have this for my revision.

By Aedrian A

Jan 11, 2021

By Emma C

Sep 23, 2020

I found this course really useful. It actually made you do work and it wasn't necessarily easy to pass the end of module content, which I feel made the course so much more valuable. Highly recommend.

By Amster F B

Apr 24, 2020

By Daniela A M

Dec 6, 2020

The professor´s passion for the subject really kept me motivated, the explanations were clear, the course was fun and fulfilled all my expectations and more. Thank you so much for this opportunity

By Mohamed K M

Jul 2, 2020

Although the videos may seem long but i like the way Dr. McGready go through each point by example uses a real paper published , i will go through the whole course absolutely. thanks Dr.McGready

By Tochukwu N

Mar 26, 2020

Very good course! Lectures were easy to follow and gave great examples! Would highly encourage taking this course if you are looking for a biostatistics course or even to refresh your memory!

By Maxwell A

Jun 3, 2020

The course has strengthen my understanding on the basics of statistics. I also wish they will include the training on the use of statistical software for analysis. Thank you team cousera

By Abhimanyu S

Oct 18, 2020

I am grateful for having the oppurtunity to access and learn from Dr John McGready. He was instrumental in helping me relate seemingly arbitrary mathematical constructs to real life

By MD M H

Mar 30, 2020

At the beginning of the online courses, I thought, perhaps it will be easy. True to say, once I am working on the assignment and course projects. It is really tough and challenging.

By Ulrick S K K

Jul 6, 2019

Great course. The lecturer makes things so easy to understand. I love that there are additional examples available. I will definitely recommend this course to everyone in healthcare

By Vicente P M

Really useful course to remember basic concepts and learn new ones. Dr. John McGready is quite a good teacher and also a funny one. Looking forward to do more of his courses.

By Adnan A

Apr 8, 2020

A quick summary about the basic concepts involved in summary statistics for public health. It helped me to understand the vocabulary used in many health related publications.

By Juan D L R

Jul 28, 2019

Extremely good course on biostatistics. The lecturer is able to explain the content in a such a way that every new concept builds on other concepts previously explained.

By Staliarova N

Nov 10, 2019

The course is extremely well structured. The content is amazing, additional examples at the end of each lection are such an asset. I'm so happy that I took this course!

By Jessica M

May 5, 2020

This course was a bit more challenging than I anticipated, but because my work exposes me to similar scenarios and topics, I felt better equipped to figure it out.

By Sarah C

Oct 29, 2020

Thought it was very well explained and the professor was excellent. I wish there was more practice embedded between the lecture as you went through the material.

By Nachiket M

Jul 14, 2019

This is an excellent course. Professor McGready is an excellent teacher. He has real passion for the subject and that kept me engrossed throughout the course.

By Engy B

Oct 13, 2020

Prof. John is exciting to listen to and learn from, the course starts from the very basics and simplifies everything, without any mathematical complications.

By Saumya R P

the slides and course-content designs are really engaging and the quiz in each module, just enough to boost confidence to proceed further through the course.

By Prince D

Sep 11, 2019

This course is well-structured and easy to understand. Dr. McGready is an awesome teacher. I will recommend "Summary Statistics in Public Health' for you!