Back to Summary Statistics in Public Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Summary Statistics in Public Health by Johns Hopkins University

Biostatistics is the application of statistical reasoning to the life sciences, and it is the key to unlocking the data gathered by researchers and the evidence presented in the scientific literature. In this course, we'll focus on the use of statistical measurement methods within the world of public health research. Along the way, you'll be introduced to a variety of methods and measures, and you'll practice interpreting data and performing calculations on real data from published studies. Topics include summary measures, visual displays, continuous data, sample size, the normal distribution, binary data, the element of time, and the Kaplan-Meir curve....

AB
Apr 23, 2020

I am glad to learn a lot of terms in statistics and how to use and interpret them in the context of Public Health researches. The Instructor provided enough examples to understand the lessons better.

AA
Jan 10, 2021

This is a good and enticing introduction for the rest of the Coursera Specialization where it belongs. For added value, consider taking this course with a biostatistics textbook for better retention.

76 - 100 of 291 Reviews for Summary Statistics in Public Health

By Saumya R P

the slides and course-content designs are really engaging and the quiz in each module, just enough to boost confidence to proceed further through the course.

By Prince D

Sep 11, 2019

This course is well-structured and easy to understand. Dr. McGready is an awesome teacher. I will recommend "Summary Statistics in Public Health' for you!

By Hannah L

Nov 23, 2020

I have taken this subject face to face and this is a great review. " ,) Thank you to all instructors and mentors for your patience in making this module

By Diana I C C

Aug 2, 2020

Thanks, Great way of teaching, I was able to understand the concepts due to the examples provided, they were very clearly explained. Thanks again.

By Dr G K

Jul 16, 2020

Excellant content with many examples,, patient teaching, challenging practice questions.

Realistic question scenarios for better understanding...

By Tim J

Aug 25, 2020

It was a very informative course where I could learn some of the basic statistical tools which are useful in research studies and healthcare.

By Mehnaz B H

May 1, 2020

I love how the lecturer explains every lecture with examples. it really helped me to understand how to implement certain rules or equations.

By Dr K K

Jul 15, 2020

Excellent content, crisp description with clear examples, good flow. quiz were challenging and made me to clearly understand the concepts/

By Graeme S

Nov 7, 2019

I particularly valued the content of week 4 - time related data as this was something I was unfamiliar with. Enjoyed the course, very good!

By Wenjie L

Aug 24, 2020

The course is very useful for medical and public health researchers. The tests are based on research ariticles, which is very practical.

By Anne-Laure C

Jul 30, 2020

All my gratitude goes to John McGready : he is a wonderful teacher ! Thanks a lot for having put statistics within my reach !

Anne-Laure

By Prapa

Apr 16, 2020

Although I have some basic knowledge about biostatistics, I found this course useful and help me better understand the basics. Thanks.

By Bronwyn E B

Oct 14, 2019

Fantastic course with great additional real world examples. As someone who works in Clinical Research, this course is of great value!

By Abednego N M

Aug 15, 2019

The course provides key insights to biostatistical principles in a very practical( research oriented), simple yet very effective way.

By Muhammad A A

What I like about the course is that it gives you a lot of examples that help you to apply what you have learned during the course.

By Viswa C C

Mar 17, 2020

This is a quite useful course providing great insights into the fundamental aspects of summary measures in health care research.

By Enyerbert G

Jan 9, 2021

This course offered me the opportunity to improve my skills in biostatistics, this will be fundamental in my health care career

By Vishnuvazzala S S

Apr 7, 2020

It was. great learning. The professor used a lot of examples that were quite relatable and made the learning much more easier.

By Boris V

Jun 8, 2020

Nice course, thanks a lot. Maybe It will be helpfull to have a summarized table o document for all de concepts we´ve learned.

By Folusade A

This course was really enlightening on the different statistical methods. The lectures and slides were very detailed. Love it

By sandra r

Mar 7, 2021

Really great course providing a thorough foundation. Good for those with no prior knowledge and for those wanting a refresh.

By Jessica K

Jan 27, 2021

Great course. John does a fabulous job explaining the concepts and reviewing them with examples. He's a fabulous instructor.

By Alozie F A

Nov 8, 2019

I am so grateful for the opportunity and aid given to me to complete this course. Thank you. knowledge has been added to me.

By Oscar R d M

May 13, 2020

Great Course! Easy to follow for no native english speakers, helps a lot to interpret paper works only by seeing the plots.

By Victoria

Mar 20, 2020

Information presented in a clear and engaging manner which helped me gain a practical understanding of data interpretation.