Back to Introduction to Sustainability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Sustainability by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course introduces the academic approach of Sustainability and explores how today’s human societies can endure in the face of global change, ecosystem degradation and resource limitations. The course focuses on key knowledge areas of sustainability theory and practice, including population, ecosystems, global change, energy, agriculture, water, environmental economics and policy, ethics, and cultural history. This subject is of vital importance, seeking as it does to uncover the principles of the long-term welfare of all the peoples of the planet. As sustainability is a cross-disciplinary field of study, this foundation requires intellectual breadth: as I describe it in the class text, understanding our motivations requires the humanities, measuring the challenges of sustainability requires knowledge of the sciences (both natural and social), and building solutions requires technical insight into systems (such as provided by engineering, planning, and management)....

KF

Dec 19, 2016

It is a well prepared course. Contents are carefully organized and plenty of concepts and examples are included and analyzed. Overall, it is a excellent course to get an overview of sustainability.

JW

Nov 29, 2015

This was my first Coursera course, and I wasn't sure what to expect; but was very pleased with the organization, timescale things were run on, and overall neutrality of the course. Very well done!

201 - 225 of 548 Reviews for Introduction to Sustainability

By Sanusi A

Very educational and enlightening. I recommend this course for anyone trying to venture into sustainability.

By Kaian L

May 15, 2018

I loved the course, I learn many things, the teachers are wonderful, and I glad coursera for this oportunity

By Shreeya G

Jul 08, 2020

It's really an amazing course! The concepts were explained in a very systematic manner. Highly recommended.

By Luis A A M

Jul 01, 2020

I realize the complexity of the area and get a realistic perspective. the content is excellent and concise

By Aw Z Y

The course was very well designed with interesting videos and meaningful peer reviews. Recommended to all.

By Hannah

Jun 12, 2017

For someone who wants to learn and study the environment this gave me an idea of what I would be learning.

By Salvador C M

Sep 27, 2016

It is a really good course, it covers all the sustainability pillars with great explanations and examples.

By Andrei V

Great course, it provides an extensive view and approach to sustainability. A great introduction, indeed!

By Jerome R

Jan 01, 2020

Great overview of all aspects of sustainability. Really enjoyed the course, great content and instructor.

By Iktiar A T

Jul 16, 2020

This is the most toughest one I have ever enrolled. Though, I didn't give up. Even, it seems fun to me.

By Kamlesh P

Jun 02, 2020

I learned a great about sustainability. It gave me new horizontals and verticals to think in this area.

By Km S

Jun 05, 2020

Teaching Of Professor Tomkin was much familiar and interesting. I enjoyed learning this course a lot.

By PUSHPENDRA S

Jun 01, 2020

Good course. I recommend this to all who wants to learn and improve their knowledge on sustainability.

By Dulat Y

One of the most interesting and useful course I have taken in my life! Professor Tompkins is the best!

By Raju K S

Sep 23, 2019

One of the best designed course in Coursera, gives you thorough knowledge of the Environmental Issues.

By Cristobal L c

Jun 23, 2020

me gusto mucho el curso, 100% recomendado, a cualquiera que este interesado en este tema le encantara

By Ashutosh P V

Jun 03, 2020

It was one great eye-opener. I wish to get a job with this. Thank you so much for your guidance John.

By Sergio A M A

May 23, 2020

Excelente curso, muy interesantes los temas y sobre todo muy actuales, excelente material de consulta

By Valerie G

Aug 18, 2019

Very interesting and complete, with a great mix of theory and real-life examples. Highly recommended!

By Pedro D T A S

May 17, 2017

Everybody should do this course! Amazing how things are well explained and detailed! I am fascinated!

By Micaela S T Q

I am very grateful to Professor dr. Tomkin for his clarity, impartiality and transmitted knowledge.

By SURENDRA L

Apr 23, 2017

This is a great course, provides overall view of our life's with and without sustainable practices.

By Marcelo R d S B

Jan 28, 2016

Muito bem estruturado, professor com didática, conteúdo muito bem embasado com dados globais reais.

By Md. S A Y

Very much effective course .....I found a lot of statistics.It enrich my knowledge one step up....

By Carolyn L

Informative class touching on a wide array of topics. This instructor (and school) is also great.