Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS

Aug 02, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

AK

Dec 14, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

76 - 100 of 1,493 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Nishant K G

Apr 29, 2020

When I started this course I just had a basic knowledge about System Administration, but after completing this course I feel like I know about System Administration now, obviously, there's a lot to learn about, its a very vast field, but this course helped me build my foundations on System Administration.

Thanks, Coursera and Google!

By Mario E

Feb 27, 2020

Curso muy interesante para saber el alcance de un administrador de sistemas y todas sus funciones, desde elegir el tipo de almacenamiento de ficheros, configurar el servidor de correo electrónico, mantener el directorio activo o ser capaz de generar las copias de seguridad y los métodos de recuperación de datos en caso de desastre.

By Lloyd W

Jun 13, 2020

This was a great opportunity for me to learn about system Administration in two weeks. Since I am at home because of pandemic , it was a good time for me to learn a new skill, and brush up my old skills. Google System Administration course was a great course and I highly recommended to everyone at home because of pandemic.

By Brock A

May 07, 2019

So much content, it was difficult to dissect it all. However, the information was great, and I loved the labs that gave good hands on practice. I would have liked to learn how to set up servers from scratch, and to build an infrastructure from the ground up, but most of those pieces were certainly present in this course.

By Joseph R G

Apr 20, 2019

The QwikLABS need better documentation in the screenshots. There is a lot of supplemental reading which makes this module the longest so far. It covered a great deal of material. Just keep pushing and you'll get through it. The labs were great once you figure out all the replications/nuances as you will learn a lot.

By Caleb M

Jun 23, 2020

A good balance of instruction and practical application, though the latter half of the course becomes a bit heavy on the instruction. Regardless, I feel I walked in to the course with a mostly ephemeral knowledge of the concepts therein and walked out with a knowledge I would now consider foundational. That's a win.

By Brett B

May 24, 2018

This was one of the more challenging courses for me for whatever reason. I probably feel that way because the final assignment took me awhile. Everything was explained and presented in a way that was easy for me to understand. I really feel like a more confident I.T. Support Specialist where I work currently.

Jul 16, 2018

This was the toughest part so far. Early on I coasted on my knowledge, but this was all rather new and intimidating. Linux is the hardest part for me since I have never used it. I wish I had the time and money to invest in all of these technologies, but that's why we compartmentalize and specialize I suppose.

By Munira Z

Jul 15, 2020

Thanks a lot. Especially last video really encouraging ;) The course was quite challenging for a dummy like me but very useful. I hope with practice and revision everything will become even more clearer. Amazing lessons, perfect opportunities to try out what was learnt in qwikabs. So I strongly recommend it.

By Zhu W

Thank you google, I really enjoy the course. Although I felt sometime the teacher tend to explain things in very complex way. It might be better if he could use more metaphor to describe the problems. That could be more vividly and easier to understand. Overall this is an awesome course and I enjoy it a lot.

By Darren S

Jul 09, 2018

I really enjoy system administration. I had received my B.S. degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Management but I've always been a tech head. System administration is like a melding of both topics and this course allowed me to experience some of that and I appreciate that a lot. Thank you.

By Edson Z

Jul 15, 2020

Really great course, it gave me really good insights on the role of System Administration, setting up data backup and recovery procedures in the work environment, design disaster recovery plans, implement them through labs, backing up local and remote machines, the content was really great and I love it.

By Jonathan L

Sep 10, 2019

Good introductory course into sysadmin basics.

To get deeper into the course you would have to understand components of it in depth such as the Linux OS and Linux software.

Overall however it does give you a place to start. If you are in IT this is one way to push yourself and move upward.

By Ronan S A M G

Sep 19, 2019

There a lot of information that I recover for this course along with supplemental reading that you provide it. Now, I know what responsibility that sysadmin must do. It gives the great impact for the large and small company. Really appreciate this knowledge. Thank you Devan Sri-Tharan.

By Anthony R

Feb 13, 2020

Genuinely a very helpful and insightful course. There's a lot of great opportunities to be had as a SysAdmin and this course helps you get your foot in the door and orients you on the right path. I highly recommend it to anyone just starting out or even those looking for a refresher.

By Akash k

Jun 18, 2020

I love the google made this course this course is awesome I have done a system Administration training from Red Hat so I thought I will not get much information here but I have learned so many new things like Active Directory, IT Infrastructure Services and Networking related topics

By Tatiana P

May 16, 2019

Ayurveda wisdom meets western encapsulated web cluster... those labs added to Course-4 are a true masterpiece and should be somehow laminated in 3D

Hats off to Google's fun+mental team for "deep diving" into rock solid 6 weeks of System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Luis M

Jun 14, 2020

me encanto el curso ya que refresque en varios temas que tenia problemas y pude entender las situaciones que se presentan en diferentes campos dentro de la administracion de equipos de igula maneras siempre se presentaran otras dificultades pero para eso estamos para resolverlos

By Michael G

Jan 20, 2020

A lot of hands-on with assignments with Services, and those are definetely good skills to have. Really cool stuff. I'd love if there would be more pracice with cloud resources. Thanks for the great experience

P.S.: The questions in the graded quizes are sometimes very unclear

By Daniel K

Nov 05, 2019

Overall, very good. There are many take aways for me personally. Especially on active directory. My only suggestion is the AD section. Some of it can be long. I think if it was broken down into smaller sections. But then again, a cup of coffee might have changed things.

By Kevin M K M

Apr 23, 2018

This course covers a lot in terms of system Admin, I wish there were labs to test out Directory Services implementation. Overall a worthwhile course for aspiring and practicing IT admin, you will pick up plenty of tools to help you manage your day to day IT infrastructure.

By Zakhar P

Sep 10, 2018

I like this course particularly, because going through assignment I have learned lots of new things. The teaching was massive stream of IT infrastructure services. Sometimes , I would wish it could be more metaphorically described , not just lavishly nerdy descriptive

By Septian R H

Apr 25, 2020

This is very cool, full with insight and knowledge that could help me on the future. The lesson is simple yet very informative as well. Some test is kinda hard especially the one where multiple answer needs to be answered correctly. Regardless, thank you for everything

By Faruk H

Jul 02, 2020

Such a wonderful course to me in short period of time ,so many areas has been covered in this course as a sysadmin. I wish and hope the knowledge i have gathered through this course will play big role to my IT career.

Thanks to Google to provide this wonderful course.

By Gamaliel V

Mar 13, 2018

The topics, services and protocols are the knowledge bases and the tools that you should use as a systems administrator.

The course in general really liked a lot. I am grateful for the opportunity to receive this course represented by a company in the Google category.