Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

OQ

Jan 16, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

AK

Dec 14, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

76 - 100 of 800 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Pavel M

Feb 01, 2018

It's a great course for those starting their career as system administrator or just want to know what exactly sysadmin's role is. It covers almost all common things system administrator do and describes sysadmin responsibilities.

By Jesus C

Dec 10, 2019

Learned how to establish and how to properly implement A proper IT Infrastructure along with the process and procedures that come with working as a System administrator. Wonderful Unit Loved the the part with Active Directory.

By Sterling H

Jun 25, 2019

Wow I learned a lot about systems administration and IT infrastructure. It is challenging sometimes and some topics require additional studying but I do feel more confident about advancing a career in information technology.

By Richard D

Feb 07, 2020

The course coverd a big part of the IT support and knowledge in real life.

It helped me a lot to understand more and more how the IT infrastructure of a company works and how you can improve it! It was an amazing experience!

By Samiur R

Apr 25, 2018

Really great course. Instructor covered diverse topic that will help in the job. I really loved this program. I hope enthusiast future SysAdmin of the future would enroll this course and learn valuable knowledge. Thank you.

By Michael B

Aug 15, 2019

Excelling course covering a lot of fundamental skills of a sysadmin. The labs in this course give great hands-on experience and are very well thought out. The instructor does a great job of presenting the course content.

By Edyta S

Jul 09, 2018

Informative module with well explained core tasks of Sysadmin. The teacher for this module well presented each lesson, and event though I found lessons about Active Directory difficult I liked the way it was presented.

By Kyle M

Apr 05, 2018

Great Course. I would really prefer if the Instructors would delve into the instresting stuff, instead of "chec it out in the next supplemental reading"....gets old after a while.

Other than that - I am very pleased!

By Jason S

Apr 12, 2018

Great course. I really enjoyed learning about the skills required to keep an organization running from a technological perspective. I learned some valuable skills that will allow me to pursue this position.

By Aaron M H

Dec 27, 2019

An excellent course that provides a rigorous overview of the day and the life of a sysadmin and all of the many components a sysadmin must think about and rely on in maintaining the company infrastructure

By Rohit B

Feb 16, 2019

Thank you so much, Coursera team to introduce this program. I've learned a lot about IT world, how it works, it's functionality and how can one get start their career in it. Thank you so much, once again.

By Jeremy B

Feb 10, 2019

It was good. A lot of information, but just the basics of each. IF everyone took each piece of information here and studied further, they would be System Administration "leaders". Good capstone course.

By Aaron H

Jul 15, 2018

Course was great and I learned a lot more about network systems! I look forward to putting this knowledge to use setting up a home network server in the near future and apply this to an IT career soon!

By Oscar A R Q

Jan 16, 2020

By AZEB T T

Nov 16, 2019

Videos are short and precise to the point.

Reading source materials are credible.

Practice exercises and quiz are effective.

Qwiklabs are just like real life work environment.

Thanks for Instructor!!!

By Stacey G

Dec 29, 2019

There was a LOT of material in this course. I really like this instructor as he presents so matter-of-factly and explains concepts well. I feel more comfortable in troubleshooting issues.

By Arun V

Aug 26, 2019

This course is an excellent refresher on Sys admin tasks on both Windows and Linux platforms. The labs are great, giving you near realistic experience . The instructor is bright and cogent.

By Christian R

Mar 06, 2019

Really good course but I wish you could teach on how to troubleshoot a DNS or DHCP server in Window environment also I would like to have learned how to install and configure a LDAP server.

By Kyle H

Aug 04, 2019

I really enjoy the AD sections, I wish there was more hands on with exercises in this course. More focus on VM environment would have been great to see, but overall an excellent course!

By Philip A

Sep 18, 2018

It is an amazing opportunity to offer professional advice as the tasks are real cases but the names of the organisations are fictitious. It helps me to improve my consultation skills.

By Jennifer D C

May 03, 2018

Instructor was very informative while making the material very accessible and approachable to learn. Learned a lot about what system administration and IT infrastructure services are.

By Forrest F

Dec 30, 2019

It was definitely harder than the others but it was really rewarding even though I got a lower grade than the others so far. I am looking forward to the final course for IT Security!

By Johanna M

May 27, 2019

I found this course relevant from a hands-on learning perspective. It covered a LOT of material but the labs and final project helped reinforce the real-life assessment situations.

By Iona G

Jul 11, 2018

One of the best courses in this specialization. Assessment is thorough, but not frustrating (no qwiklabs yay). I feel like I can use the knowledge I learned here in my future career.