Back to The Music of the Beatles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Music of the Beatles by University of Rochester

The Music of the Beatles will track the musical development of the band, starting from the earliest days in Liverpool and Hamburg, moving through the excitement of Beatlemania, the rush of psychedelia, and the maturity of Abbey Road. While the focus will be on the music, we will also consider how recording techniques, the music business, the music of other artists, and the culture of the 1960s affected John, Paul, George, and Ringo as they created the Beatles repertory. There is probably no band or artist that has had more written about their music than the Beatles. There are many good books on the band's biography, several insider accounts offering glimpses behind the scenes, books that interpret the meaning of the songs, and even books that catalog dates and people regarding the band. This course will try to synthesize much of that information into an account of the Beatles' development as musicians and songwriters....

Jun 12, 2020

Great class. For someone who grew up listening to the Beatles (thank you, Mom!), I learned things I did not know and will listen to the songs with a different appreciation and approach. Thank you!!!!

MM
Mar 7, 2016

I have always been curious about the beginnings of the Beatles and in fact I have been playing and singing some of their popular songs. I'm glad there is a free on line course about them.

101 - 125 of 241 Reviews for The Music of the Beatles

By Ayşemüge G

Jun 20, 2020

Mr. Covach is a very knowledgeable, humble and genuine instructor. Thank you for allowing us to have this course online! :)

By JAVIER G

Aug 1, 2020

excelente curso, claras explicaciones y muy buenos conceptos. sobre el desarrollo y progreso de la música de los Beatles

By Charles A

Sep 12, 2015

This Class Rocked. I will take any course offered by Prof Covach in the future dealing with Music history of the 20thc

By Karen S

Excellent course and well-researched. The professor was well-versed on this subject and has a great teaching style.

By Vivienne C B

Jul 12, 2018

Very enjoyable, informative. Good course content and notes, Excellent tutor who had great knowledge on the subject.

By Gustavo N S

Aug 4, 2020

Very informative, excellent data, great explanations about songs, history, and everything about the Beatles music.

By Jean P G C

Apr 22, 2020

Excelente. Muy entretenido y educativo. Fue un honor asistir a un curso teniendo al Sr. John Covach como profesor.

By Danmar D L M

Feb 16, 2016

This course was awesome! I learned so many things about The Beatles and have listened to some songs I didn't know.

By Ceci L

Oct 1, 2016

Fantástico! Un curso dinámico, accesible, valioso. Impecable trabajo del Profesor John Covach. Gracias Coursera!

By dan o

Aug 30, 2015

Very enthusiastic presentation and full of great information about the Beatles. This course was truly a delight.

By Thomas M

Apr 14, 2021

Well paced. Gave me a thorough appreciation of a band I have loved for 55 years. Gained alot of new knowledge

By SHAIK R

Jun 11, 2020

if you love the beatles, definitely check this course out, sir john covach was so great!! good luck to everyone

By Matthew M

Jun 28, 2017

Great course for anyone wanting to delve deeper as fan or someone wanting to know more about a career in music.

By Samuel R

Nov 16, 2018

Gracias. Aprendí muchísimo y hallé que los Beatles me gustan más de lo que pensaba.

Saludos desde Colombia. :)

By Donald K

Jan 22, 2017

Excellent course both in content and organization. Having enjoyed the music, I now appreciate the artistry.

By Sandra L N

Oct 2, 2016

Fantastic course, I learned so much about the music that I grew up with but did not know about.

Thanks

Sandra

By K. S S

Sep 15, 2017

Loved this course! I relived my youth through the music of the Beatles and learned so much about them and

By Michelle W

Jun 10, 2020

Thanks so much to the professor. Great teacher, who seems to adore his subject matter. I learned a ton.

By ceme c

Feb 5, 2017

The books and lectures gave me greater insight into each of the Beatles and the creation of their music.

By Valeriia N

I liked so much to get know something new of Beatles Music. I'm happy to get Certificate from Coursera.

By Bonilla M A D

Sep 1, 2020

The curse is so complete, so interesting and the profesor knows a lot. thanks for share your knowledge

By Carlos G

Jul 13, 2020

A fantastic journey. Could be helpful to listen fragments of the music that is reflect in the course

By Jesid V S Q

Dec 29, 2015

Hasta donde he realizado el curso e descubierto detalles que antes desconocia de esta mitica banda.

By Ronald M

May 1, 2017

This is a awesome course! Professor Covach does a great job! Highly recommended for any music fan!

By Sebastian L V

Aug 2, 2020

Excelent corurse!! i enyoied al about it, it was a great experince for a The Beatles fan like me