Back to Paleontology: Theropod Dinosaurs and the Origin of Birds

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Paleontology: Theropod Dinosaurs and the Origin of Birds by University of Alberta

Paleontology: Theropod Dinosaurs and the Origin of Birds is a five-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of the origins of birds. This course examines the anatomy, diversity, and evolution of theropod dinosaurs in relation to the origin of birds. Students explore various hypotheses for the origin of flight. Watch a preview of the course here: https://uofa.ualberta.ca/courses/paleontology-theropod-dinosaurs...

MC
Mar 14, 2018

This course was great! It explains everything clearly, and it keeps you involved by asking questions about the material, and keeps you amused with some interesting anecdotes. Highly suggested by me!

CH
Jan 6, 2021

I loved taking this course. I learned a lot (The first course I did was DINO 101 and I wanted to dig deeper). The teachers are really passionate and engaging. Cannot wait to do the others courses!

101 - 125 of 398 Reviews for Paleontology: Theropod Dinosaurs and the Origin of Birds

By Carolina

Nov 16, 2017

Excelent course, as a biology student I learned a lot of new information that is not provided at my univeristy, and at the same time it is comprehensable for every person, very well illustrated and explained!

By Javier E S A

Nov 17, 2020

Hi, with this course I could understand more about dinosaurs and birds evolution, really goods professors Philip John Currie and Scott Persons. If you search for a dinosaur only you must watch to the sky!!!!

By David J P O

Dec 2, 2020

This course was very informative. The instructors delivered really well. I was impressed with how the course was constructed and built for understanding rather than memorizing several groups of animals.

By hippo d

Sep 11, 2021

Very good job to summarise a large academic information to an interesting lecture. I cannot help see all the content continuously. The lecture notes are also very good for beginners.

By Conor O

Apr 20, 2020

Really well presented, content accessible for beginners and those with prior knowledge, and amazing course notes that can be downloaded to look at any time. Would highly recommend.

By Kristen D

Apr 5, 2017

This was a fantastic course, full of information and evidence.

I loved the tutors. Very well presented and not complicated despite the subject matter.

Do take this course.

By Alexandra M

Jun 28, 2020

Fab course! Would recommend to anyone interested in palaeontology. I'm a geology student and the level of the course is ideal, not too simple but not too overly complex.

By Julio R V

May 7, 2017

An amazing course! It is very interesting, and can be easily understood. Also, the way in what the course is made, with such a great rythm, didactics, and great tutors.

By kate m

Sep 28, 2019

This class is so interesting because the instructor is knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the subject. It has been one of the classes I've most enjoyed on Coursera.

By Rodrigo F

Feb 7, 2017

assume class... You explore a lot of dinosaurs. Including many weird newly discovered ones. Plus you explore the variety what characterizes different types of birds.

By Chris V

Jul 26, 2017

Another brilliant course from the University of Alberta. Definitely recommend this one. The course material and presentation of the video content by Scott is awesome.

By Anya G

Apr 20, 2017

My two favourite courses on coursera so far: the Dino 101 and the Theropod Dinos and the Origin of Birds :) thank you for a very thorough course - I've learned a lot!

By Alexander P V M

Oct 18, 2016

A great course that offers a well-structured and insightful overview of the evolution of theropod dinosaurs into birds, presented in a wonderfully understandable way.

By Florian Z

May 25, 2016

We've got some extreme quality content here, as always when Philip J Curry is involved. The new student that presents most of the videos has great educational skills.

By Luana S

Dec 13, 2020

University of Alberta is specialized in courses! Another AMAZING course about pre history life! I'am really glad for you all taking your precious time to do it! Tks!

By Silvia A A

Sep 15, 2019

A very good course where you learn a lot of facts about current dinosaurs (birds) and fossil disonaurus. A great job for teachers. Thank you for teaching me so much.

By Ashish S

Jul 28, 2019

I did enjoyed this course primarily because I do like paleontology. The course note were very much helpful to study the course. And it was very much interesting

By Konstantin R

Sep 14, 2016

This is my second course by University of Alberta (the first one was Dinosaurs 101) and it's great again. Looking forward for new courses (sauropods, please?)

By Suzan H

Feb 21, 2016

Very nicely put together course. I learned a lot about birds evolved. I truly recommend this course to anyone wishing to learn about evolution of birds.

By Bob S

Oct 16, 2019

This one was tough but I learned so much. Well worth the cost and the time. Who knows, maybe I'll find the missing link between avians and dinosaura.

By Andrea G

Oct 9, 2017

Me encanto, detallan toda la relación histórica con los distintos cambios y adaptaciones de los dinosaurios de los cuales derivan las aves actuales.

By Cesar L

Dec 8, 2020

Great way to teach with interesting reading and well explained videos! My new hobby has started after two dino courses from University of Alberta!

By Luis H V J

Jun 17, 2020

Un curso excelente, desde la parte científica hasta las ilustraciones, cuestionarios, conferencias y lecturas. Verdaderamente un trabajo único!

By Marcos d S

Jul 2, 2017

It's worth taking this course in order to understand not only how birds are related to dinosaurs, but also, how important they are to our world.

By Troy G

Feb 4, 2016

An excellent overview of dinosaurs and birds, the closest some of us will ever get to a paleontology class outside of enrolling in a university