Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

FF
Apr 26, 2020

the tutors were explained all subject clearly to us, non boring and easily understood. thankyou for helping us, i'm gonna practice more so i could improve my english pronounciation in the future.

PY
Apr 21, 2020

They helped and taught me about American Englsih Pronunciation correctly which made me improves myself and encourage to speak out much more.\n\nThank you so much for a good course from Coursera.

701 - 714 of 714 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By SATYA N S C P

Jul 20, 2020

I submitted my assignment of 1st week one and half month back .I submitted my assignment in app not in chrome so...it doesn't uploaded and rather than that empty file is uploaded.So I tried so many time to remove that assignment but there is no option for that moreover it was showing that it take sometime to review your assignment from past 2 months🤷🏻‍♀️.

My other assignments which I submitted in chrome are reviewed but this 1st assignment was not due to that I didn't get certificate also.

By Herica F

Apr 29, 2020

I was expecting to be able to finish the course without paying for it. I though just in case I want the certificate I would have to pay at least that's what it says in the beginning of the course so I can say I am disappointed. You should make clear that one can only try it out if not paying for it.

Sincerely,

Herica Favarato.

By Meziane K

Apr 16, 2020

I enrolled because the course was gratis: at the end of the first week, coursera tried to oblige me to pay 70,-$ to continue. Without accepting, no further continuation is possible.

I am really disappointed.

By Galia C H

Apr 21, 2020

I completed all assignments, but it is a shame that it requires students to pay just to take some quizzes, so I am unenrolling.

By Iurii

Apr 2, 2020

Dear Madam or Sir,

I have done some tasks, but I haven't got any feedback.

Could you please inform me what I provided wrong?

By ghazia

May 14, 2020

nobody responds to our problems or any thing in discussion forms. no body gives feedback. not a good course

By ADEL S A A

Jun 12, 2020

Two weeks have passed and I am waiting for only one paragraph to be evaluated

Does it make sense ?

Very bad

By Mateo P

Jul 23, 2020

The course was too simple and there was not enough material to study after taking the classes.

By Ahmmed M

Apr 6, 2020

PLEASE LET ME UNENROLL. I DON'T WANT TO CONTINUE THIS COURSE.

By Nguyễn K T

May 3, 2018

It is not free to complete this course. I am really so sad.

By NAMTIP K