Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

FF
Apr 26, 2020

the tutors were explained all subject clearly to us, non boring and easily understood. thankyou for helping us, i'm gonna practice more so i could improve my english pronounciation in the future.

PY
Apr 21, 2020

They helped and taught me about American Englsih Pronunciation correctly which made me improves myself and encourage to speak out much more.\n\nThank you so much for a good course from Coursera.

176 - 200 of 746 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By Marzuki B M

Jul 27, 2020

They helped me use english properly and i was able to improve myself.Thank you so much for a good course from coursera.

By Tasnim A I I

Oct 27, 2020

That's really helpful and well course, I hope that you complete up levels, iI appreciate your efforts instructor very.

By bahreh k

It was a helpful course, and I enjoyed it so much. It was my first experience in Coursera. It motivated me to keep on.

By Antonela Z V R

Jul 26, 2020

It was a really great course! I have learned a lot of things and I think my pronunciation is much better than before.

By Carlos E G B

Jul 15, 2020

This course was amazing, you can learn many techniques to improve pronunciation and feel more confident when speaking

By fatiha a

Jul 9, 2020

You are the most great coach i have ever

dealt with .the honor is mine .thanks for being such a great instructors .

By yosr a

Nov 22, 2020

I enjoyed the course . it's organised and easy to understand . The shadowing practice is really helpful. Thank you.

By Anuchita S

Jun 15, 2020

This course make me know about how to speak correct words in English , Make me confident more when I'm presentation

By Sara A A W

Dec 18, 2018

It is very very useful course , you 'll know a lot about the american pronunciation , study hard and keep going .

By Damaris L G C

Oct 21, 2021

It is really good, specially because of the full information that you learn about pronunciation, Than you so much!

By Reashiela K

Sep 29, 2020

I am already a teacher of the English language and still learned a lot about vowel sounds production and blending.

By Diana L S K

Jul 25, 2020

VERY GOOD COURSE !!! I LEARN SO MUCH FROM THIS, NOW I CAN PUT THIS ON PRACTICE TO IMPROVE MY ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION

By Sourav M

Jun 10, 2020

Its a truly helpful course which has helped me to eradicate my problems of pronunciation. Thanks to the faculties.

By Kyoko

I was able to understand the basics of pronunciation. There are so many things I don't know and I learned a lot.

By Sara M H S

I highly recommend this course, It helped me to improve my American English Pronunciation in a very short time.

By Fatima A

Jun 19, 2020

I highly recommend this course to everyone who faces difficulties while pronouncing American English Language.

By Karmela E G

Jun 11, 2020

I would definitely recommend this course. You will learn a lot from the lesson and the activities are awesome.

By Maria G V B

Amazing course!! Really helpful. It was easy to understand the tricky parts of American English pronunciation.

By Jahidul I M

Apr 10, 2020

an outstanding course filled with important materials to learn American English quite properly and accurately.

By Camilo P

Jan 10, 2020

I think this course it is so important when you are learning English. Now I am a beginner and am very excited.

By hiba s

Apr 26, 2020

Thank you so much for this course it was fun, interesting and filled with many information that I didn't know

By Alex J R V

Aug 30, 2021

I loved the material and exercises of this course, I learned many things that will be useful in the future.

By Jane M P

Nov 21, 2020

This course is great! It helped me improve my speaking skills and I enjoyed doing the shadowing activities!

By Izzatullah A

Sep 10, 2018

Well, thanks for the course and i learned a lot of new things here under the supervision of best teachers.

By Oksana G

Aug 11, 2020

A great course to improve your pronunciation! Highly recommended to take. Thank authors and instructors!