Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

FF

Apr 27, 2020

the tutors were explained all subject clearly to us, non boring and easily understood. thankyou for helping us, i'm gonna practice more so i could improve my english pronounciation in the future.

PY

Apr 22, 2020

They helped and taught me about American Englsih Pronunciation correctly which made me improves myself and encourage to speak out much more.\n\nThank you so much for a good course from Coursera.

526 - 550 of 631 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By Sophya H M

Jul 05, 2020

GOOD!

By JAYDEEPBHAI R V

Sep 27, 2020

good

By Thilakshi D u

Aug 02, 2020

Good

By Keerthi y

Aug 01, 2020

Good

By nurul f b s

Jul 28, 2020

good

By SOUMYAJIT D

Jun 07, 2020

good

By Mr. T P

Jun 03, 2020

good

By Kevin W A N

May 06, 2020

Good

By Mazharul I S

Apr 28, 2020

Good

By Malipeddi R

Apr 20, 2020

Good

By fahad a s a m

Aug 30, 2019

good

By Dilip K M

Mar 28, 2018

Apr 01, 2017

!

By Martina V

May 05, 2020

Cool materials and nice presentation, but the course covers really just the basics. I was secretly hoping for some more advanced stuff towards the end of Week 4. Also, the exercises were way too easy. I would recommend this course to an intermediate English speaker who has trouble understanding American English (it was probably meant to be that way). Honestly, it doesn't have much to offer to an advanced English speaker, who is hoping to fine-tune his or her American pronunciation.

By Janine B

Jun 28, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. It was fun and brought a lot of interesting new information on the table and made me aware of my weaknesses that I still have even though I speak English nearly fluently. But there are still bits and bobs that I can tweak around to become much better in pronounciation. Very helpful, very useful and I happily recommend the course to anyone who wants to improve their already good English skills to the next level.

By Jose J D T A

May 03, 2020

It is a really great course, even if you consider yourself fluent in English it is pretty good for reinforcing some pronunciation rules. Although, i would have loved to get some feedback by an instructor and not only my peers (which was great tho). Maybe the instructors would have given conciser advices over the assignments. Overall, I think this course is a YES for every English student, regardless the expertise.

By Tomoya O

Sep 18, 2020

It is hard to master for non-native speaker to speak English. I searched the pronunciation course which any community college provide, but I couldn't. It is good opportunity for me to learn American English pronunciation correctly. And, I found out the practice was important to pass assignment in this course.

By SANCHEZ A I J

Jun 29, 2020

Me ha parecido un excelente curso para aquellas personas que quieran perfeccionar su acento o para quienes apenas están aprendiendo Ingles, lo recomiendo me ha servido de mucho, he quedado muy satisfecho y solamente me falta practicar mucho mas para poder pronunciarlo mas fluidamente muchas gracias

By Gertie O C R

This course helped me to be aware to my weaknesses and motivated me to continue practicing and improving my pronunciation, especially those tricky sounds.

I would like you to include more activities like the " shadowing a conversation" and downloadable mp3 files. Thank you.