Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

FF
Apr 26, 2020

the tutors were explained all subject clearly to us, non boring and easily understood. thankyou for helping us, i'm gonna practice more so i could improve my english pronounciation in the future.

PY
Apr 21, 2020

They helped and taught me about American Englsih Pronunciation correctly which made me improves myself and encourage to speak out much more.\n\nThank you so much for a good course from Coursera.

201 - 225 of 692 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By MARCUS F H C

Mar 7, 2019

Great course! It makes us pay attention to the tricky American english pronunciation of some words.

By Kristeen

Jun 20, 2020

Excellent course. I have learned so much and it helped me make my pronunciation skills way better.

By Jazmine G

That was really helpful course and I knew my mistakes.

It helps us to improving our speaking skill.

By Cristall M N

Nov 15, 2020

was an excellent course it give more feedback and help me to increase my skills in pronunciation

By Blanca J B M M

Oct 10, 2020

This course helped me a lot to improve my pronunciation and don't be afraid to speak in English.

By Nahum E Q

Apr 6, 2020

Excellent Source designed for Learners of English, >Highly Recommended !! I enjoyed the course.

By Runzhou Z

Mar 26, 2020

I really like this course. Maybe it seems like being on an introduction level, but it did help!

By Manjunath S

Sep 20, 2020

Excellent course for English learners. This course will help a lot to improve speaking skill.

By Katanyuta M

Oct 3, 2020

This course really helps me improve my pronunciation. I got more confidence to speak English.

By Ahmad S

Sep 1, 2020

A very good course by Coursera I am really impressed by the information that this course had.

By ADRIAN R G

Jun 18, 2020

Aprendes no solo a vocalizar, sino tambien a escuchar y diferenciar los diferentes sonidos :)

By imad o

Jun 10, 2020

it's very useful it helps me a lot. so thanks to the team instructor for this amazing course.

By Robert M

Nov 9, 2020

This is course is amazing, I recommend and says much about the University's language program

By Wesam N

Jul 22, 2020

Very very amazing. I've learned a lot of information. Thanks a million for the great effort

By nour o

Sep 7, 2019

It's was helpful course,and I learned many things from it..

Thanks teachers, thanks Coursera

By Remah A

May 17, 2019

it'll help you but you need to listen more and try more like what they said in every video.

By Fatma E

Jan 24, 2019

this course helped me alot to understad the american accent and it was realy useful to me .

By NIDHI P

Dec 5, 2020

It really helped me in my daily life in pronounciation and communication and at work place

By Vaibhav P

Sep 27, 2020

I am very much happy, that I have learned something new, that can be helpful in my future

By Linh C T

very interesting and useful course, especially when you want to improve your pronunciation

By inass t

Jul 27, 2020

je suis très satisfaite de ce cours très utile pour tous les ages merci encore une fois.

By LUIZ F R A

Jul 19, 2020

Very good course and made with care and didactic. I have learned a lot of useful tricks.

By Phanthippa P

May 13, 2020

I like this course so much. This course helped me pronounce English word more correctly.

By Reem A

Apr 25, 2020

I loved this course, it was so good and made me pronounce american english more naturaly

By Sanaa T H E

Aug 10, 2020

great course , l learn new pronunciation skills and gain confidence in my pronunciation