Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

FF

Apr 27, 2020

the tutors were explained all subject clearly to us, non boring and easily understood. thankyou for helping us, i'm gonna practice more so i could improve my english pronounciation in the future.

PY

Apr 22, 2020

They helped and taught me about American Englsih Pronunciation correctly which made me improves myself and encourage to speak out much more.\n\nThank you so much for a good course from Coursera.

201 - 225 of 627 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By Fatma E

Jan 24, 2019

this course helped me alot to understad the american accent and it was realy useful to me .

By Vaibhav P

Sep 27, 2020

I am very much happy, that I have learned something new, that can be helpful in my future

By Linh C T

very interesting and useful course, especially when you want to improve your pronunciation

By inass t

Jul 27, 2020

je suis très satisfaite de ce cours très utile pour tous les ages merci encore une fois.

By LUIZ F R A

Jul 19, 2020

Very good course and made with care and didactic. I have learned a lot of useful tricks.

By Phanthippa P

May 13, 2020

I like this course so much. This course helped me pronounce English word more correctly.

By Reem A

Apr 25, 2020

I loved this course, it was so good and made me pronounce american english more naturaly

By Sanaa T H E

Aug 11, 2020

great course , l learn new pronunciation skills and gain confidence in my pronunciation

By MARÍA A L F

Aug 05, 2020

I improved my pronunciation and it was a pleasure to participate in this online course.

By Tatiana A d C

Jul 21, 2020

The course was very good and I enjoyed the challenge of speaking in English. Thank you!

By Mamdouh M A

It's an amazing and comprehensive course which helped me a lot with improving my accent

By Thunchanok T

Apr 24, 2020

My speaking skill is improving. This course can help me to speak like native speakers.

By Heyner J C S

Aug 30, 2020

It was an experience really good about my pronunciation. It course has it everything.

By Oscar F V

Jul 01, 2020

It really helped me to improve. It´s really a new level beyond a plain english class.

By Juliana N A L

Jun 04, 2020

It's great for improving English pronunciation and being more confident when speaking

By Ewaz r

Apr 27, 2020

It is a great and outstanding course for those who are intrested in American English.

By Abdelrahman A B

Apr 26, 2020

That was really helpful, now I can understand more Americans easily.

Thank you a lot.

By Wanida P

Apr 24, 2020

I love this course

I have more skill as correct pronunciation, word reduction ,ed,s

By Panpisut A

Apr 09, 2020

This course help improving my pronunciation and understanding, Thank you very much!

By Vinod A

Oct 14, 2020

Its really a useful course. Improved my pronunciation taking this course.Thank you

By Aditya N

Oct 01, 2020

Best course and it covers all the angles with the easiest way to master everything.

By Huda M

Sep 27, 2020

Very attractive course in great ways. The teachers are very nice.

Thanks, Coursera.

By Soumen K B

Sep 20, 2019

I like the way Prof teaches and course structure is very effective for me to learn

By Maria J D

May 15, 2019

I loved this course, I learned a lot. Thanks all teacher, thanks about opportunity.

By Karina M

Sep 03, 2017

Very useful course! I have learned a lot of new things that I will use in practice.