Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

FF
Apr 26, 2020

the tutors were explained all subject clearly to us, non boring and easily understood. thankyou for helping us, i'm gonna practice more so i could improve my english pronounciation in the future.

PY
Apr 21, 2020

They helped and taught me about American Englsih Pronunciation correctly which made me improves myself and encourage to speak out much more.\n\nThank you so much for a good course from Coursera.

651 - 675 of 700 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By Md. N A C

Nov 24, 2020

The exercises should be more difficult.

By Mohammad M Z

Aug 9, 2020

some useful basic about speaking

By Yanira C B G

Mar 11, 2019

This course is very interesting

By Jaime P

May 4, 2017

Es muy chingon algo osea chido

By HECTOR R L M

Jul 30, 2018

This is an excellent course

By Ibrahim K F

Nov 17, 2020

Was great like every time.

By Divya B D

Jul 25, 2019

So good

By Chandni S

Dec 19, 2020

Good

By Hetvi P

Dec 10, 2020

good

By Ashkan R

May 6, 2020

The topics discussed are indeed essential, but also some additional dive-Ins and a little more of practices, might make this course almost flawlessly well-done. The course is annoyingly short, and quizzes and practices are very easy and it almost always feels like the instructor tries to draw a hint at you, so that doesn't make it challenging at all. Overall, I'm happy to took it and I admit I do gain some important materials after taking this course.

By Mohammadreza T

May 4, 2020

Hi, the course is great, but I sent all the assignments soon due, but the label ”overdue” is visible than soon due. There is another problem that the scoring system is unfair. I did my best and sent a very good record, but they gave me 46 out of 100. Please fix it.

By Ahsab R

Not a bad course to learn. You may improve your pronunciation and intonation. The sound of English language is something many of us wanna study about, and I believe this course does a great job in explaining the inner things.