Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

FJ
Aug 16, 2020

This is an amazing course! Finallly I get it the sounds in english and I just learn some tricks for pronunciation. I'm very happy for can understand more english. I strongly recommennd this course!

FF
Apr 26, 2020

the tutors were explained all subject clearly to us, non boring and easily understood. thankyou for helping us, i'm gonna practice more so i could improve my english pronounciation in the future.

651 - 675 of 724 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By Luisa O

Oct 24, 2020

I didn't see any coment on my Conversation assignments.. I don't know if I did okay or not. I actually learn a lot !!

Thanks

By LeAttol ( E L

Oct 10, 2017

My only qualm is that this course is geared towards ESL students instead of aspiring perfectionists. Perfection is nec

By Saif A M

Jun 14, 2020

it was a amazing expirence to learning american english pronounciation with UCI . THANKS FOR THIS AMAZING COURSE

By Ting B

Jul 5, 2020

I have learned many tricks about pronunciation.

I recommend this course who want to improve their pronunciation.

By Rodrigo C

It was a great time of practices and tips which contributed a lot to improve my English skills. thanks a lot!

By Mehdi J

Jan 16, 2018

The course is great but i don't like the grading method.

I think one of the teachers should do the gradings.

By Piyaphong P

May 22, 2020

Everything is nearly perfect, except I do not prefer peer-to-peer reviewed assignments.

By Poulomi B

I liked it being an English student, but it can be better. The assignments were fun.

By Axel A A Z

Aug 13, 2020

Esta muy bueno el contenido, pero considero que ya son un poco antiguo los videos

By William X

Aug 15, 2017

shadowing conversation is great method to practice pronunciation and intonation.

By Kornrawee P

Jun 12, 2020

Greats!!! Easy to understand but some lessons are hard.It’s ok.Take your time

By Anushka C

Aug 6, 2020

This course really helped me in speaking English confidently and fluently.

By Reda M M E

Dec 22, 2020

Very good Coursera course,, I hope it'll be a great starting point for me

By Le T P T

Dec 10, 2018

Is there any other way to complete this course shorter than 1 month?

By bouchareb a

Jul 22, 2020

It was a good course with many advance trick in american english

By Timee ♥

May 7, 2020

I know many things I haven't known before!

Thank you very much!!

By harshita s

Jun 7, 2020

Really helped very much,now I feel more confident than before.

By Md I

Apr 9, 2020

This course helped me a lot to improve my pronunciation skill

By Iris O

Sep 4, 2019

me gusto el curso solo es practicar, para tener mas habilidad

By Seina M

Oct 8, 2019

It is a good course and i learnt much from it.

Thank you.

By Mohit

Aug 28, 2020

It's a wonderful course for the English learners.

By faraz a

Apr 27, 2020

Really appreciate the effort of all teachers...

By atul y

Nice way of teaching with good materials...!!!

By Jariya M

Apr 19, 2020

I want to cancel this course help me please

By Md. N A C

Nov 24, 2020

The exercises should be more difficult.