Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

FF
Apr 26, 2020

the tutors were explained all subject clearly to us, non boring and easily understood. thankyou for helping us, i'm gonna practice more so i could improve my english pronounciation in the future.

PY
Apr 21, 2020

They helped and taught me about American Englsih Pronunciation correctly which made me improves myself and encourage to speak out much more.\n\nThank you so much for a good course from Coursera.

201 - 225 of 663 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By Nahum E Q

Apr 6, 2020

Excellent Source designed for Learners of English, >Highly Recommended !! I enjoyed the course.

By Runzhou Z

Mar 26, 2020

I really like this course. Maybe it seems like being on an introduction level, but it did help!

By Manjunath S

Sep 20, 2020

Excellent course for English learners. This course will help a lot to improve speaking skill.

By Katanyuta M

Oct 3, 2020

This course really helps me improve my pronunciation. I got more confidence to speak English.

By Ahmad S

Sep 1, 2020

A very good course by Coursera I am really impressed by the information that this course had.

By ADRIAN R G

Jun 18, 2020

Aprendes no solo a vocalizar, sino tambien a escuchar y diferenciar los diferentes sonidos :)

By imad o

Jun 10, 2020

it's very useful it helps me a lot. so thanks to the team instructor for this amazing course.

By Robert M

Nov 9, 2020

This is course is amazing, I recommend and says much about the University's language program

By Wesam N

Jul 22, 2020

Very very amazing. I've learned a lot of information. Thanks a million for the great effort

By nour o

Sep 7, 2019

It's was helpful course,and I learned many things from it..

Thanks teachers, thanks Coursera

By Remah A

May 17, 2019

it'll help you but you need to listen more and try more like what they said in every video.

By Fatma E

Jan 24, 2019

this course helped me alot to understad the american accent and it was realy useful to me .

By Vaibhav P

Sep 27, 2020

I am very much happy, that I have learned something new, that can be helpful in my future

By Linh C T

very interesting and useful course, especially when you want to improve your pronunciation

By inass t

Jul 27, 2020

je suis très satisfaite de ce cours très utile pour tous les ages merci encore une fois.

By LUIZ F R A

Jul 19, 2020

Very good course and made with care and didactic. I have learned a lot of useful tricks.

By Phanthippa P

May 13, 2020

I like this course so much. This course helped me pronounce English word more correctly.

By Reem A

Apr 25, 2020

I loved this course, it was so good and made me pronounce american english more naturaly

By Sanaa T H E

Aug 10, 2020

great course , l learn new pronunciation skills and gain confidence in my pronunciation

By MARÍA A L F

Aug 5, 2020

I improved my pronunciation and it was a pleasure to participate in this online course.

By Tatiana A d C

Jul 21, 2020

The course was very good and I enjoyed the challenge of speaking in English. Thank you!

By Mamdouh M A

It's an amazing and comprehensive course which helped me a lot with improving my accent

By Thunchanok T

Apr 24, 2020

My speaking skill is improving. This course can help me to speak like native speakers.

By Heyner J C S

Aug 30, 2020

It was an experience really good about my pronunciation. It course has it everything.

By Oscar F V

Jun 30, 2020

It really helped me to improve. It´s really a new level beyond a plain english class.