Back to Understanding Financial Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Financial Markets by University of Geneva

In this course, you will learn what the main financial markets and their characteristics are as well as how they are linked to the economy. Our very diversified team of experts will start by teaching you how the price of stocks and bonds are computed and why they move while you will become increasingly aware of the notion of risk and why it matters when measuring an investment's performance. The focus will then move to less popular markets such as gold, emerging markets, real estate, hedge funds and private markets. These will be analyzed with an emphasis on their particular risks and return opportunities as well as how they can help in building efficient portfolios. Finally, the policies of central banks and their impact on financial markets will be presented to you along with the link between the economy and the price of financial assets. All along these different steps, experts from UBS, our corporate partner, will show you how the concepts you just acquired are effectively applied in a leading global bank. This focus on practicality means you will not only understand what is going on in global financial markets but also start to figure out how you can use them to achieve financial goals, be it a client's or your own. Course Director and main teaching contributor: Dr. Michel Girardin, Lecturer in Macro-Finance, University of Geneva...

MC

Jul 17, 2017

Mr. Michel is really an amazing teacher! His lectures are vivic and greatly attracts my attention. I hope to take more of his classes because I've Learned more than I nomally can do in a short class

AF

Mar 15, 2016

This course excellent provides all the basic information which is important and necessary would recommend the course to all the newbies in financial markets\n\nP.S:The professors are AMAZING!

301 - 325 of 509 Reviews for Understanding Financial Markets

By Harshit A

Aug 20, 2019

Course is great designed by the creators. I understand each and every aspect they try to explain. Overall great learning experience from this course. Thank you.

By zhuyouwei

Aug 24, 2019

Good coverage, clear structure, nice lecture

By Ahmed A R A

Aug 24, 2019

Amazing content, although I had an adequate level of knowledge regarding financial markets, I did learn a lot of concepts and I related to them in a perfect way due to the coherent sequence of the topics.

By NEERAJ J

Aug 27, 2019

great course

By Hemant M

Aug 27, 2019

Its is a very interesting course and the faculty is excellent.

By Tosin B

Jul 07, 2019

Thank you very much for your lessons.

By MOSES N O

Jul 10, 2019

Very insightful

By arturo b

Nov 19, 2019

Really great content and excellent teachers.

By carlosdmzapata@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2019

Awsome!!!!!

By reinaldo m p

Dec 09, 2019

Great content and great lecturers, from academy and from the market.

By Martín B

Dec 10, 2019

This course was amazing. It is an honor to take classes with these types of universities. My sincere thanks to all who were part of this work.

By Kanishk k

Dec 09, 2019

Very informative and the concepts are very well explained, which are easy to understand

By Anil J

Nov 27, 2019

Very informative

By Dung L

Nov 28, 2019

This course is very helpful for myself and also for my job. I'm very happy to have a better overview of Financial Markets. A big Thank from me to all the lecturers who gave us so understandable and lively lessons!

By Андреев С А

Jun 15, 2017

Exellent course!

By Deokumar G

Oct 31, 2019

this course on understanding financial markets is a great refresher course for those students who are familiar with the NYSE and all of the various equities that can make a great investment portfolio! also, the lectures from the University of Geneva Professors are very straightforward, in plain English. - deokumar gandharry

By André Z P

Apr 20, 2016

This course intends to give an overview of the financial markets and the different kinds of investments. All the intructors are great, especially professor Michel, who is the main instructor in this course.

Moreover, I considered the tests adequate for learning purposes.

By Ricardo B M

Oct 18, 2019

Good complete view of the financial market for beginners, with an easy to understand and fun approach.

By Xavier G H K

Sep 30, 2019

This course has given me a basic but valuable understanding of equities, bonds, interest rates and other financial mechanisms and products. The instructors were very clear and pleasant to follow, which contributed to my motivation.

By Felipe A C C

Oct 03, 2019

An excellent course, I really enjoy learning with the experienced and high skilled lecturers, they know how to motivate their students and ilustrate the bottom concepts with clear examples . Highly recommended.

By Diego G d A

Dec 02, 2019

Sensacional. Simplesmente, obrigado

By Fabian E L

Dec 04, 2019

Love this course. Great instructors. Thank you!

By Manish K R

Dec 03, 2019

excellent course

By Robert L

Feb 13, 2016

What sets this course apart from any investing course I've taken elsewhere is the focus on international markets not just the the US or Canada. It is an excellent course for those interested in improving their investing returns

By MENGZHU Y

May 19, 2019

The introduction about financial markets is very useful for me who begin to study finance and banking, the methods is easy acceptable for a new one. I like the quiz among the lessons, they are beneficial for me to check the concepts and knowledge.