Back to Understanding Financial Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Financial Markets by University of Geneva

In this course, you will learn what the main financial markets and their characteristics are as well as how they are linked to the economy. Our very diversified team of experts will start by teaching you how the price of stocks and bonds are computed and why they move while you will become increasingly aware of the notion of risk and why it matters when measuring an investment's performance. The focus will then move to less popular markets such as gold, emerging markets, real estate, hedge funds and private markets. These will be analyzed with an emphasis on their particular risks and return opportunities as well as how they can help in building efficient portfolios. Finally, the policies of central banks and their impact on financial markets will be presented to you along with the link between the economy and the price of financial assets. All along these different steps, experts from UBS, our corporate partner, will show you how the concepts you just acquired are effectively applied in a leading global bank. This focus on practicality means you will not only understand what is going on in global financial markets but also start to figure out how you can use them to achieve financial goals, be it a client's or your own. Course Director and main teaching contributor: Dr. Michel Girardin, Lecturer in Macro-Finance, University of Geneva...

MC

Jul 17, 2017

Mr. Michel is really an amazing teacher! His lectures are vivic and greatly attracts my attention. I hope to take more of his classes because I've Learned more than I nomally can do in a short class

AF

Mar 15, 2016

This course excellent provides all the basic information which is important and necessary would recommend the course to all the newbies in financial markets\n\nP.S:The professors are AMAZING!

151 - 175 of 481 Reviews for Understanding Financial Markets

By ANOUTHANONG X

Jul 16, 2017

it is a good course to create the awareness and specific skills and techniques to the investment

By Sabine K

Oct 31, 2017

good course on basics of bond and equity markets, incl link with monetary policy and macroeconomic state.

By Yogish K

Oct 07, 2016

Very useful. The part on valuation could have been a little more detailed. Thanks!

By Venkatesh N

Feb 20, 2016

Great lectures,

Great Lecturers,

Great Guest Talks,

Great way to start with the ABC of markets

By Paul W

Jul 10, 2016

This course has increased my knowledge about the economy and especially about emerging markets and bonds. Thank you for this great course!

By Artak H

Oct 09, 2016

Very good course !!!

By sandeep b

Jun 15, 2016

it's awesome to be a part of this course

By Marissa D

Mar 16, 2016

Very thorough and enjoyable. I feel like a learned a lot, and can't wait to complete the other courses for this specialization.

By Angshuman B

Jun 07, 2016

Nice.

By Beinn M

Jun 22, 2017

Very useful, I would recommend!

By Ts. C K L

Feb 21, 2016

I like this course very much , it provides us some introduction to the financial market. I completed this course on 15 February 2016. Highly recommended !

One the other hand, I feel proud because this is the first batch of this course offering and specifically related to investment management specialization. I'm committed to follow this specialization until completing the capstone project.

Thank you very much.

Chan

By Messias M U

Dec 26, 2016

It was my first glimpse inside the strange world of making money by being patient. Rushing takes us nowhere. Thank you.

By rakesh r b

Nov 07, 2016

I love this course and its very different in approach with interactive thinking.

By Vivien R

Sep 06, 2016

Great course, learned a lot about financial markets in a fun way!

By Dhiraj M

easy conversations

what more do you want ?

By 翰雄 王

May 04, 2016

is really helpful and useful

By Elly M

Apr 04, 2018

The course content was easy to follow and the instructors were very good at explaining the concepts clearly

By Enzo D l R

Mar 01, 2016

Great job to the team for a very brief yet informative lectures about Financial Management. I really learned and enjoy the videos. A good introductory course for me to study more about Financial Markets. Thank you so much. Maraming Salamat!

By Andres A

Apr 15, 2016

Excelente curso sin duda, tiene una metodología excelente que permite al estudiante entender la temática sin tener algún tipo de conocimiento previo, recomendado

By Ahmed B N B

Sep 17, 2016

i recommend this course for every one interested to understand the dynamics of financial markets and the future trends of financial markets and portfolio management

By Alireza G

Jun 22, 2018

Excellent course. I enjoyed the fact that the people who lecture in this course consists of a series of professional and dedicated with academical and industry experience. Education material are high quality. I am enjoying watching this course!

By Ciaran P

Oct 14, 2016

I never kew financial markets were so interesting or so challenging. The video lectures were always a pleasure to watch. I was deeply appreciative of Professor Girardin's affable manner, and his graphic explanation of duration will stay with me for life.

By Antonio F

Mar 15, 2016

P.S:The professors are AMAZING!

By wafula c