Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

CA

Jun 17, 2017

great course , i am grateful to Coursera and everyone at Darden who helped develop this course.\n\ni really enjoyed the course. best wishes to all . keep up the great work!!!! God bless all of you!!!

MV

Dec 01, 2016

As a design manager I should say this course actually opened my eyes to a new world. I hope be able to make good changes in my world by using this knowledge more and more in my life. Thanks to All :)

26 - 50 of 877 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Bruce D

Feb 07, 2019

Great course that had just the right level of detail for a busy executive. I will be considering this for some members of my team. Covers the philosophy and mindset around Design Thinking in a refreshingly different way, and also some simple but foundational tools that can be applied to harness quick results from the methodology.

By Vaibhav W

Nov 20, 2018

Insightful course with simple way of narration / explanation.

By Alonso S G

Nov 07, 2018

An open mind course to everyone who are interested in improve design skills

By Silviu-Constantin P

Nov 08, 2018

I have enjoyed this course because is presenting so many practical examples on how the methodology is used, also comparing with a classical approach

By PRIYA P

Nov 11, 2018

very helpful course. interactive and descriptive session.

By Rupal P

Nov 11, 2018

Its an excellent course for beginner. Also being in community makes it interacting. I would recommend every financial professional to also develop critical thinking through design thinking process. The course is well explained with some very good case studies.

By Tábata S

Nov 27, 2018

Very Instructive. We could apply to any situations in life. As a Scout chief, I can't wait to use it!

By Rajesh K

Nov 14, 2018

Nice video lectures with real life examples. Learned a lot

By Vipul T

Jan 06, 2019

Really liked and sharpened my skill actually.

By Amit K

Jan 19, 2019

What i really loved about the course was the real life examples and cases. The Design Thinking tools explained in the course are very practical. Though we apply some of them in real life somewhere or other but the program gave me a very structured approach to apply them. I am sure, if applied properly the tools should be effective and produce desired results. Thank you! it was fun learning.

By Duong T T T

Jan 24, 2019

I had learnt new way to solve the same problems.

By veena

Feb 06, 2019

Excellent content and learning experience!

By Jesus M R A

Feb 19, 2019

Interesting and very well organized

By Nikos F

Feb 10, 2019

Excellent course. Hands on and "easy to digest" examples. Great instructor.

By Mario D

Feb 11, 2019

Excellent course for introduction on Design Thinking applying to innovation!!!. Super recommended.

By Jose M F

Feb 11, 2019

Concepts are presented in a straightforward and clear way, the examples and lectures are very relevant to the context and support the knowledge. Looking forward to using the tools in my activities.

By Non A

Great lectures!

By Evangelos K

Feb 12, 2019

Broadens the horizons of approaching solutions!

By Oded N

Feb 12, 2019

Fantastic couse for anyone who is interested in learning the unique and powerfull problem solving method known as design thinking

By Martin K M

Feb 12, 2019

Design Thinking for Innovation is one challenging course but when you get to understand it it is one course that gets you thinking on your own accord. I myself had been stuck in analysis paralysis until Coursera gave me this opportunity.

By Hariprasad P

Feb 15, 2019

Wonderful course on how deep we can analyse the requirement and proved a innovative solution for any c

By URMI G

Feb 16, 2019

Too good. Thoroughly enjoyed learning from the best instructor

By Rahil R R

Feb 16, 2019

awesome enjoyed it

By charuta p

Feb 19, 2019

I really enjoyed the course.It is very well constructed and taught.

By Neritan A

Feb 19, 2019

Complete package to effectively introducing yourself to design thinking.