Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

SP
Aug 15, 2020

Excellent program to learn lots of tools towards Design Thinking !! Thanks a lot! Very interactive and the last activity of completing the assignment was very thought provoking !! thanks to all pears!

Aug 30, 2018

This is very good course for every body whatever your background, your education & your job role position. I highly recommend to get this training to change, gain & create your mindset for innovation.

601 - 625 of 2,274 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Jearly A S C

May 24, 2017

Es un gran curso ya que me permitió pensar de diferente forma cuando tengo que darle una solución a algún problema.

By Vinod N

May 30, 2017

It brought out clearly the various phases of Design Thinking and the various Design Thinking tools for each phase.

By Ana P C G R C

Dec 23, 2015

Best course ever, very hands-ond oriented, practical example applicable to real life business innovation projects.

By Jimmy A C R

Dec 2, 2020

Excellent course!

It helps to understand the tools that are essential to finding solutions on any kind of project

By Edinson D l R P

Jul 21, 2020

It was very interesting how this tools I learned open my mind to develop new ways of solving human center issues.

By Kyle G

Jan 11, 2020

Great content! I highly advise purchasing the book Designing for Growth to follow along with the video lectures.

By Thomas G

Feb 15, 2018

Very good practical inputs, well organized, offers good time-management possibilities. Thanks, I really liked it!

By Elisabeth W

Jun 3, 2017

Great course, easy to follow and most of all offers a broader mind-set on creative strategies on problem solving.

By Maria l l

Sep 10, 2020

Open minding course for everyone who want to learn human-centered strategies for resolving problems of all kinds

By Akshat O

Jun 11, 2020

Really liked the course- of course I'm a beginner but really helped understand a lot of design thinking concepts

By Marc S

Sep 7, 2017

I really liked this course, because it was really interesting and related to my job.

I also liked the lecturer!!

By Aydin A

Jul 5, 2016

Can we get Ed Hesse to do some classes!! He was my favorite part in a very interesting series on design thinking

By Abhijeet K

Jun 2, 2020

Excellent course which helps to increase awareness around some of the commonly used design thinking techniques.

By Tanja N

May 6, 2020

An excellent instructive and inspiring course.

The lecturers and all participants, thank you very much for that.

By Oladejo O A

Sep 20, 2019

It was really insightful and intensive course, helping to see challenges and approaching them in a different wa

By BADRI N A

Mar 21, 2018

A good perspective to using design thinking tools and a wonderful platform to collaborate with the like-minded!

By P. V C

Dec 11, 2016

Great introduction, both accessible and technical, to Design Thinking. Thks to all the contributors & teachers!

By Amit G

Sep 21, 2020

Exceptional course in terms of step by step approach on key elements of design thinking and application tools.

By A A K A S H M I S H R A

Aug 20, 2020

getting this course helped me alot to design my own product and how innovation can lead to success.

thank you .

By Rupangi

Apr 9, 2020

Interesting with case studies and examples. Audio and video is clear. Would have liked some more case studies.

By Jo A A

Jun 30, 2021

T​his course is very informative and it really helps the trainee to understand the method of Design Thinking.

By Manuella A

Sep 21, 2020

This approach used for the course is indeed great as it provides applicable examples for better understanding

By vijay b n

Jul 15, 2020

A Best course for everyone to learn and think in a innovative manner.I really enjoyed while doing the course.

By Ashok k

Feb 20, 2020

I really enjoyed learning Design thinking with great successful stories how design thinking helped innovation

By Abi L V

Oct 11, 2020

Thanks Coursera! I'm now more knowledgeable on Design Thinking, will surely apply the techniques in my work.