Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

LM

Sep 22, 2019

I really liked the peer reviews at the end. It was a great way to view other examples of how different projects, industries, and teams have used design thinking. The course was easy to follow as well.

RB

Sep 14, 2020

Very well explained with lots of practical examples - would highly recommend this course to anyone looking at getting an initial understanding of design thinking and how it can be applied practically.

776 - 800 of 2,383 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Shivam T

Dec 27, 2020

It was really a good experience while learning this. highly recommended for everyone...

By Lara I

Oct 31, 2020

A really good overview of design thinking principles with lively and engaging lectures.

By Diska P F

Aug 17, 2020

Thank you, Prof! I've learn new tools to design thinking and it is so useful to my work

By Md. A B A

Aug 2, 2020

Very concise and insightful. Covers the bases perfectly in such a brief amount of time.

By LÓPEZ P K I

Jul 30, 2020

I loved this course, I recommend it, it helps you innovatively explore your creativity.

By Daniel V

Jun 6, 2020

Muy bueno, ayuda a cambiar la perspectiva al encontrarse con un problema en un proyecto

By sarbajit g

Jan 30, 2020

Great course to learn for them, who want to solve problems differently and effectively.

By Prajwal S

Nov 27, 2019

Thank you. The coursera provide such a great course to increase every people skill set.

By Sebastián M

Jun 8, 2019

Buen curso para comprender las principales herramientas del proceso de design thinking.

By Jorge L S P

Nov 8, 2021

Gran curso, aprendí a utilizar las herramientas de pensamiento de diseño de gran forma

By Julián L R

Nov 10, 2020

Very interesting course. It is a great experience to have Jeanne Liedtka as a teacher.

By Obed O

Mar 17, 2020

Great Course. i has provided me with great insight into design thinking for innovators

By Anand S

Apr 4, 2019

Nice to know how you can think in a sequential manner and also look beyond your self..

By Edgar L S G

Oct 30, 2018

excellent approach to thinking design, learning about real cases and guidance on tools

By Sujata C

Dec 25, 2017

Extremely helpful and now I can view the things differently and can achieve the goals.

By Samanvita

Nov 27, 2017

A great course that introduces us to the world of innovation using Design Thinking tec

By J C

Feb 1, 2016

Great experience and learned a lot... felling very thankful for the coursera platform.

By santiago m

May 16, 2020

an amazing experience my first course here in coursera, easy to use and great content

By Mrityunjay K

May 14, 2020

I found the course of great relevance and the faculties were of extraordinary stature

By cohms@yahoo.com

Dec 26, 2019

Well-balanced and clear presentations. The materials are very applicable. Thank you.

By Donna K

Jul 18, 2018

Fabulous course. I highly recommend it as it's applicable every day in many contexts.

By Leonardo L d C J

Feb 25, 2018

Course was organized excellently. The peer-to-peer grading further enhances learning.

By Christian L M G

Jan 1, 2018

Excellent. It organised my ideas and gave me reason to generate changed in my company

By Chau L

Jan 2, 2016

Great course, the course apply system thinking for business model design or redesign.

By Deepa P

Nov 29, 2015

The course was very informative, well organized and easy to understand and relate to.