Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

SP

Aug 15, 2020

Excellent program to learn lots of tools towards Design Thinking !! Thanks a lot! Very interactive and the last activity of completing the assignment was very thought provoking !! thanks to all pears!

Aug 30, 2018

This is very good course for every body whatever your background, your education & your job role position. I highly recommend to get this training to change, gain & create your mindset for innovation.

26 - 50 of 2,396 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Sai R R

Jan 26, 2019

gained a lot of knowledge.

and my way of approach to the problems complete;y changed.

understood that behind every good idea there is lot of work done.

and finally the way course proceeded was just awesome and great teaching skills

absolutely well designed course

By Xavi C

Nov 26, 2018

I'm very disappointed about this "course". It's not a course, it's a little briefing of Design Thinking.

No in mind learn something or work in it. Just some ideas.

Maybe they want to you enroll in master or buy their books. I don't know but good for know in start before you enroll.

Moreover, you cannot send you work if you don't pay. Certificate of participation is not posible.

By Jeff W

Dec 4, 2018

I thought that this course was brilliantly designed and very well structured in bringing voluminous and complex subjects to a level of comprehension and simplicity that was easy to consume, integrate and apply.

By Caroline C

Dec 3, 2018

Really good course, i did not had the chance of sending my project but i as a "watching student" i had the opportunity to learn and practice Design Thinking.

By John S

Jan 29, 2019

great presentations, connected with the professors, and appreciate sharing the concepts of design thinking at a professional yet humble manner. Thanks!

By A3 C

Feb 1, 2019

Great basis of knowledge about Design Thinking.

By Saba M

Jan 1, 2019

the most enjoyable thing to learn

By Marissa

Apr 23, 2020

I liked the very basic principles laid out in this course, but it really didn't seem to follow much of a structure or easy to digest pattern. Each lesson kind of hapharzadly introduced a lot of tools and ideas in slide shows, but sometimes they weren't presented until the example video was shown, and definitely not all of them were in the slides available, so I couldn't really go back and review unless I wanted to watch all videos again to find the exact spot something was mentioned. I didn't really know something was a key take-away until it just randomly was brought up again later in another session. And I still don't feel fully sure the exact ways to move forward. Even though it was an intro course, there should still be some direction.

By Marshall S

Aug 26, 2019

this is the 4th class i've taken that was issued through UVA Darden school and i really question anyone who's credentials come from this school. While the examples were fun to see, as a business consultant who has some exposure to design thinking, this class didnt touch on the process at all! I do not feel my knowledge and understanding is any better now than it was when i started.

By Leonardo A E M

Feb 2, 2019

well!

By 321910306007 g

Nov 24, 2020

we did not get any grades after submitting assignment

By Akshet P

Apr 16, 2020

Very bad course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By katherine B

Jul 12, 2020

los ejemplos no son entendibles

By Aayush S

Feb 26, 2020

Dry and Boring. Can be skipped.

By taekyu i

Dec 18, 2019

not good

By Gordon H B

Mar 31, 2020

If you have a little time during the pandemic between Zoom calls and disinfecting your door knobs, I'd love to recommend this Design Thinking certificate course by Jeanne Liedtka of UVA's Dardin School of Business. She has a very nice delivery and covers the concepts in interesting ways by utilizing guest speakers, as well as case studies and lectures. Even though I have been involved with Design Thinking for almost 10 years, I found her content well worth the time investment.

By Carter B

Oct 30, 2020

I truly enjoyed hearing from Professor Jeanne Liedtka throughout this course. I entered this course believing that because it was online, it would be boring and I would not learn anything, yet I am forever grateful that I was proven wrong. With these design thinking skills and tools I learned from this course in my possession, I know that I will be better equipped for when I enter the workforce, and honestly, I know I am better equipped for life.

By Anais C P Q

Aug 13, 2020

Excelente contenido y forma de organizar el curso. Posee herramientas que quizás hayamos escuchado antes pero el desarrollo de las mismas y la forma de ejecutarlas y organizarlas para obtener un resultado o resolver un problema, es lo que se aprende con el diseño de pensamiento.

By Shubham S

Jul 16, 2020

Great course! A lot of intricate details that are generally missed out when making decisions are conceptualized and delivered in a really simple and interactive manner. This course would definitely help me see things from different perspectives and help me take better decisions.

By Zac W

Aug 10, 2016

Very good introduction to design thinking. Provides some useful tools that I have already used in my personal and professional projects and will continue to use in the future. Every video lesson was well done and tied the overall theme into the content well. Highly recommended!

By Leonor E d P

Jan 19, 2020

Great course on Design Thinking. Easy to listen and to go through. The professor is very didactical and the material is very well designed and presented. I would recommend this course if you'll like to broaden your knowledge in this area. It is a must-have tool for management.

By Laura M

Feb 17, 2018

Such a fantastic course. The videos were compelling and I learned so much without the stress of homework. Perfect for full time working professionals who want to learn about design thinking, but do not have hours to invest in assignments. The professor was really excellent.

By Madhu S

Aug 1, 2020

Initially I thought this is something about Designing, but as per recommendation from my company I had to finish it. Now I feel so happy to take this course. Jeanne Lidtka and her colleages very well articulated and given lot of insights into design thinking. Thank you Jeanne

By Iman S

Sep 15, 2017

Thank you Jeanne M. Liedtka Ma'am.

Thank you Coursera.

It was a good experience for me as an young novice entrepreneur. I have gained immense knowledge about the dos' and do not s', about approaching a market with a product, targeted customers, etc. Thank you all once again.

By Martin M

Feb 12, 2019

Design Thinking for Innovation is one challenging course but when you get to understand it it is one course that gets you thinking on your own accord. I myself had been stuck in analysis paralysis until Coursera gave me this opportunity.