Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

SP
Aug 15, 2020

Excellent program to learn lots of tools towards Design Thinking !! Thanks a lot! Very interactive and the last activity of completing the assignment was very thought provoking !! thanks to all pears!

Aug 30, 2018

This is very good course for every body whatever your background, your education & your job role position. I highly recommend to get this training to change, gain & create your mindset for innovation.

551 - 575 of 2,301 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Nataliia B

Sep 9, 2020

This course is very inspiring and practical. It gave me few insights for my job and I'm going to drill more in DT pecularities.

By Daniela P R

Sep 12, 2017

ótimo curso para trazer uma visão do que é o desing thinking, com ferramentas práticas e de fácil aplicação em nosso dia a dia.

By meenakshi s

Feb 8, 2016

Great Course! The problems which were discussed were very realistic. I loved how to breakdown each problem and work towards it.

By Karim S

Apr 2, 2021

Amazing ... thanks for University of Virginia and all instructors and sure thanks too much to Coursera

Best Regards,

Amr Ewidah

By Edgar M d S

Jul 9, 2020

O curso é ótimo! Apresenta ferramentas bem eficazes para ajudar na nossa forma projectual dentro de uma empresa ou fora. Amei.

By Sharan S P

Jun 6, 2020

the teaching was very good. they have taught me a lot of tools that i can use as a professional and i am very thankful to them

By Seyed F K

Mar 19, 2020

I feel really great after this course. Now I got a new point of view of my challenges at work. Thanks to all course providers.

By Bonna R

Jul 3, 2021

I have learned a lot from this course. I would recommend this to everyone who would want to know more about design thinking.

By Francisco A C

Oct 18, 2020

Excelent course! Specially for introduction to the subject for new people such as me. Thanks a lot! Greatings from Argentina.

By Waragoda M D T P

Aug 31, 2020

Superb insights and different perspective to innovation. Course is driven through lots of case studies and not just theories.

By Sarai P T

Jul 6, 2020

It was very well structure, easy to follow and all the examples provided were very resourceful! I really enjoyed this course.

By Vishal S

Apr 28, 2020

Very well structured program. Top Class Content. Awesome course for people looking to being their Design Thinking Journey.

By Koh w c

Oct 17, 2019

Totally enjoyed the course. Insightful and direct in delivery. Well paced for busy working people to understand the concepts.

By Satish A

Sep 23, 2021

Learnt an e​xcellent framework to understand and implement design thinking. The tools and the case studies were very useful.

By Natalia A

Nov 26, 2020

It was a very nice course. I have learned a lot from the experts. Definitely, I will apply all the concepts in my daily job.

By Norman L

Aug 26, 2019

Great course. I really learned the actual process and purpose of design thinking. Before that is was only a buzzword for me.

By Prashant S

Aug 22, 2017

A very effective course to understand Design Thinking concepts. Real life cases taken as illustration helps in understanding

By Ruchik G

Aug 11, 2017

Great Introductory course for Design Thinking - Very good examples & case studies - Assignment could have been more rigorous

By Pedro P M

Apr 18, 2017

Excelente curso, didática e exemplos apresentados. Sugiro inserir alguns testes ou exercícios ao longo do curso. Parabéns!!!

By Lucas C O

Jul 14, 2016

I love the way the slides and material is available.

The examples of Design Thinking helped me understand more of every step.

By Adriana C

Dec 9, 2020

Excellent course! No previous knowledge of the topic required and great explanation of content. Would definitely recommend!

By Rohit J

Oct 26, 2020

Course is definitely going to value add in my thinking process and will support me in my personal and professional journey.

By Kaissoune A s

Sep 21, 2020

God willed it ! As pretty as an amazing education center! in fact, this is the best environment to study! Praise be to God!

By Banly C

Sep 18, 2017

great course. It will be even better the course can illustrate how to use the tools to support the design thinking process.

By Nitzia S R d L

Aug 1, 2020

This course helped me a lot to change my mind about professional success, I was like George and now I can think like Geoff