Back to Marketing Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Marketing Analytics by University of Virginia

Organizations large and small are inundated with data about consumer choices. But that wealth of information does not always translate into better decisions. Knowing how to interpret data is the challenge -- and marketers in particular are increasingly expected to use analytics to inform and justify their decisions. Marketing analytics enables marketers to measure, manage and analyze marketing performance to maximize its effectiveness and optimize return on investment (ROI). Beyond the obvious sales and lead generation applications, marketing analytics can offer profound insights into customer preferences and trends, which can be further utilized for future marketing and business decisions. This course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia, gives you the tools to measure brand and customer assets, understand regression analysis, and design experiments as a way to evaluate and optimize marketing campaigns. You'll leave the course with a solid understanding of how to use marketing analytics to predict outcomes and systematically allocate resources. You can follow my posts in Twitter, @rajkumarvenk, and on linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/education-marketing. Thanks, Raj Professor of Business Administration at Darden...

AG

Great course.Coursera provides wonderful opportunity for analytics learners through the course.Well designed course packed with assignments.Just Loved every lessons of the course.Thank you Coursera.☺

SW

May 08, 2020

This was a good and challenging course. It really gave me the basic foundations of marketing.\n\nIt challenged me to think and I enjoyed the projects that were incorporated to give hands on training.

101 - 125 of 1,425 Reviews for Marketing Analytics

By Nguyen T N L

Sep 19, 2017

Good course with well-written teaching material and challenging assigments. Although there are certain hard parts its content, the lecture was good thanks to the well-guiding and nice Professor. I appreciate the course and hope to apply the knowledge learnt in my real work.

By Saransh V

Jul 14, 2020

I am very thankful to the instructor for delivering this course in very effective way and especially for making the statistical part easier for everyone. I am very glad that i completed this course and I hope the knowledge gained through this course help me in near future.

By Chanse W

Jul 26, 2018

A professor that makes the class fun and interesting, and an enjoyable subject make this course a great one. Not only did I learn some valuable and real world skills in this course, I also am able to leverage it in in future work that I undertake. I certainly recommend it!

By Beena

Aug 08, 2020

This course provides wonderful information about all kind of market promotions going around us and how we perceive them. It was full of learning with some exciting assignments which would make sure you have a clear idea of what you are studying. Great experience overall.

By Himanshu K

The concepts, which if read through a book would've been boring, were excellently made simpler and much more interesting. The explanation and engagement were fantastic. Will continue to finish my vegetables!!!! Thanks a lot, Prof. Rajkumar for such an interesting course.

By Jose L L

Apr 17, 2020

Super enjoyed the course. The teacher was enthusiastics and helpful. The Tests and examples we're not too easy and not too difficult. It was the right type of challenge. What I really liked was the usage of Financial and Marketing concepts into data. Great for beginners!

By Abhishek K

Jun 12, 2020

The whole course is taught in a very easy to understand language. I wish to humbly thank Prof Rajkumar for explaining the concepts, the slides, notes and quizzes. Every part of this course is designed to enhance the knowledge and appreciate marketing process even more.

By Sanket B P

Aug 30, 2020

Extremely superb coach guide Mr Raj,and very well course content.The course also has some trending techniques along with its execution. Besides these interviews from industry experts add cherry on the cake. Thanks Mr. Raj and team for this very well structured course.

By Carl K

Jul 26, 2016

Course was well structured and well delivered. Just what I needed to refresh get an overview of current issues and practices. I enjoyed Raj's style, and thought the "squash" to prepare us for the harder parts, was great. I would gladly take another one of his courses.

By Diana B

May 23, 2020

I absolutely loved this course and found it extremely valuable. Raj is a fantastic presenter, and the quizzes are challenging and useful. I have never been an analytical person, but after this course, I want to learn more and delve deeper into the process. Thank you!

By Nikhil S

Jun 13, 2020

Over the period of 5 weeks, the course picks 5 fundamental concepts of marketing and discusses it in detail. The best part is the emphasis on numericals which helps us to understand the application of the concepts with respect to sales numbers, revenues and costs.

By Jaime B G

May 06, 2020

Great course overall, hard metrics made simple by the professor, which is really appreciated. The only issue I had was with the audio, it sounds terrific sometimes, the voice of the professor can suddenly break and may you rest in pepperonis if you had headphones.

By Anne C S

Mar 03, 2019

Very informative! Had to go over some videos a couple of times, especially when there were some equations involved. Professor is great and very engaging, quizzes and assignments really measured for understanding. Real case studies and examples. Highly recommended!

By Phuong N

May 04, 2020

Good blending of theory and exercises helps a lot with deep understanding of the concepts taught.

The Professor's explanation is very clear and easy to follow (partly thanks to the vegetables!). I find the course's content very interesting and useful. Thank you!

By Abhishek B

Feb 22, 2018

Pretty good course. The professor is extremely good at explaining difficult concepts with great ease. My second class by this professor after having attended a Darden offline class in Mumbai in November'17. Looking forward to more interaction with the professor.

By Yelyzaveta S

Aug 07, 2020

The course is easy to follow and does not require any specific knowledge to be able to score high. Still, the videos and activities are relevant and interesting. I do recommend this course for those who want to get their first insights into marketing analysis.

By Andhika W S

Jun 28, 2020

This is a basic introduction to get to know about Marketing Analytics. It has a lot of statistics and numbers but it should be fine as long as you can keep up with the reading and calculation. Coursera is good place to learn and I really appreciate it. Thanks

By Khaldoon D

May 23, 2020

This course is amazing. I really how the instructor explained the concepts, which made things understandable and useful. As a computer scientist, I gained many ideas and I feel that I can pursue new research directions. Thank you for this great opportunity!

By Soutrik

May 16, 2020

the course is very nicely made sometimes funny sometimes serious, it never lets you gets bored. Also there are quizzes in between each video so that you do not get distracted. Honestly i felt this course would be boring but it turned out just the opposite.

By Lisa L

Jan 05, 2018

Easy to follow, humorous speech, keeping updated materials. It's been a pleasure taking this course, though in total it took me almost a year to finish it finally. I can understand better about the marketing and how to estimate the marketing decisions now.

By Vijay R

Jun 28, 2020

Just awesome, great content taught by brilliant instructor Rajkumar Venkatesan sir. From marketing basics to marketing experiments, from CLV to regressions each topic and module was well structured and elaborated. Thoroughly enjoyed the journey.

By Jitesh G

Its a wonderful certification course gives you detailed knowledge of MARKETING ANALYTICS. Its make you clear how you can be a marketing analytics by using various market experiments and helps you to learn consumer behaviour with some beautiful techniques.

By Muhammad A

Jun 21, 2020

It is a very interesting course and it covers all topics that one should have knowledge about. Through this course, I have learned not only Marketing Analytics terms but much deeper meaning of the Marketing Analytics which I always wanted to understand.

By Donny J C

Aug 06, 2020

As someone who does not major in Marketing or Economics, this course is really valuable since it is really organized and teach us from the concept, practical approach, to the interpretation of the outcomes. Thank you Mr. Raj for sharing your knowledge!

By YULIA A

May 15, 2020

I felt like some parts were missed because the professor was trying to cut his usual syllabus to accommodate the time frame of the online course, but an overall pretty great explanation. I especially appreciated the interviews at the end of the course.