Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects....

FG
Apr 1, 2020

It helped e to understand the specifications of project management in such ways. It is a really helpful education. I will apply mt earnings to my job and I am sure I will see the difference of my look

FF
Dec 31, 2020

This is very good course to understand the fundamentals of project planning and management. The instructor explain the concept in a simple way. There are good examples given to understand the course.

1251 - 1275 of 1,500 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By Rani E

Jan 27, 2020

Overlooking a couple of errant quiz questions, and assumed math approaches, this course provided ample and accurate information for individuals to strongly grasp the basics (and plenty of nuances) of Project Management. It is a motivator to continue deeper learning into the overall Industry, as well as into specialized elements of the Industry, and approach either path with confidence.

By Willem

Jan 18, 2017

Good and interesting course on the basics of project management. Videos are very clear and the information is good accessable. It could be stuffed in 1 week but spread it out over 4 weeks is better to let it sink in. It may be interesting to add a quick overview of other management styles, for example, for projects with very high uncertainties and different types of business.

By Judit T

Feb 17, 2021

It was a very good overview of how it is being a PM, the challenges a PM faces, and in the end how easy/difficult it may be to manage a project. It was great to see examples and different tools that could be used and maybe a bit more elaboration on those could be done; for example: more tutorials that can be downloaded and kept by the students for later references.

By Regina W

Sep 29, 2020

I found the tests to be quite challenging, which was good ultimately. I learned a lot about why certain projects I have managed in the past were successul and I learned ways to improve upon my project management skills. This course moved me from relying primarily on instincts in leadership to involving project management technical science/skill.

By Alex L

Sep 5, 2020

Relatively easy course, some parts were perhaps too generalized or simplistic to be applied in a real setting, while at other times the examples seemed highly convoluted. Nevertheless, I think it gave me some handy tools to work with, and if the day comes when I'm tasked with managing a major project, I think the material learned will be useful.

By Musabira A

Apr 23, 2020

I would like to thanks my instructor Yeal Grushka of this course for helping us to understand all the fundamental concepts to plan and manage a project.

By this course,the basic concepts of a project like risk analysis ,planning, finiding scopes etc have been cleared to us. I hope this couse will help me in future to manage and plan a project.

By Patrizia P

Dec 30, 2020

Very good overview about project planning. Very well explained and easy to understand. I can recommend that course for every person starting off with project management. The tools presented could have been a bit more modern as in the last years a lot of new project management tools came up and visualize topics in a more engaging factor.

By Ariella G

Apr 8, 2020

Great overview of project management and easy to understand. Loved the case studies. There were certain areas that I thought needed to have more depth in and practice exercises such as Earned Value Management. I would have liked more resources to use on the job but I am sure I can find them in other places as well.

By Ananth G

Nov 29, 2015

A very good insight into the basics of Project planning, easily executable strategy and MSprojects intro was eye-opener. Tried on one small project and was able to feel the difference before the course came to an end. Thankyou very much. Some more information and detailing required in project execution(week 4).

By Raul M

Apr 23, 2020

I liked the course but I think they could go deeper in some definitions, and exemplify them with more different cases, easier and more difficult. But in general is a good option to have the most important basis of the management. It let me the opportunity to know which topics I need to study by my own.

By J R R D

Feb 2, 2020

I think this course provides of the essential of project management with a good lecturer and cases that provide an actual vision of the issues that may face when you are in site. This course will give the elemental tools to participate or collaborate in a new project management plan.

By Brian K C

A nice introduction to the field of project management for anyone who expects to take on small and medium sized projects in their workplace. I felt that the professor was a bit too fast at times in pace and I couldn't keep up with her while taking notes - but that could just be me.

By Vaishali U

Jul 1, 2020

It is a very basic course and is very good for beginners who have no idea of Project management. The course structure was light and did not involve too much information which is good for newcomers. It motivated me to take on a few more advanced level courses in project management.

By Fritha J

Nov 20, 2016

An overall excellent course. 4-stars are attributed purely because of the limitations of when a quiz can be re-sat (twice in 7 days). This elongated the duration of the course.

The material learnt within the course has been immediately applicable in my job - with success.

By Darryl N

Oct 3, 2020

This course provided a very systematic approach to project management. It gave insight into some of the successful tools in project management. Cost control was also emphasized in a project. A variety of planning and scheduling skills were also discussed in this course.

By Solange U

Aug 11, 2020

The course provides a good introduction on project planning and management. The course was organized clearly but sometimes it was too mathematical. However, the teacher makes it very accessible for beginners in project management! I highly recommend this course.

By Kamakhi P

Mar 11, 2021

This is a very good learning experience; for new comers, especially, it would be very useful, as it touches, project planning & concepts like critical path, tornado diagram, monte carlo analysis etc. in detail & also backs it with some very good examples.

By Cedric C

May 4, 2020

This was easy to follow and the quiz were great review. I like the fact that along with the video, the script was included. It made it simple to review specific areas of interest. I feel more confident about the topic today and how the tools are applied.

By Pablo N

Mar 9, 2016

I like the course but I have a problem:

Within the task and figure that I passed but within the "Tasks " section no. And I passed the rest of the work and I still do not get the course certificate. What should I do?

A lot of peoble have the same problem.

By Muzahida T

In the course “Fundamentals of Project Planning” I have learned the very detail of how to initiate, plan and execute a project. The course was very helpful to know about keeping tracks of project details. I hope it will help me in my upcoming career.

By Muhammad R K

Feb 20, 2021

I have taking other project management courses, but the depth and style of presentation by the course tutors is different and unique. It really add to my knowledge. Thanks to the tutors, University of Virginia and Coursera for this valuable course.

By ASHLEY G

Jun 1, 2020

This course was really interesting, cool and informative. I feel like it put my natural thoughts and processes in the field into and organized and teachable manner. It is easy to get lost but one has to pay attention and focus. Thank you.

By Chedza O P

Feb 17, 2018

I had a really wonderful time learning. She gave examples that were easy to learn. Made the calculations not look as overwhelming as they normally would to me. I'm very happy with the ease of learning and how much knowledge I picked up

By Luca B

Mar 30, 2016

The course is very well designed and the instructor is very clear and engaging! Moreover, a lot of useful tools and techniques are shown during sessions. Case studies could be improved, starting from the quality of videos and contents.

By Zoe G

Jun 11, 2017

Overall a good overview course. The course could have benefited from a wider variety of more complex examples. I was also disappointed that the instructor referred to all references to project managers as "him" or "he."