Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects....

TL
Jan 7, 2021

This course satisfied my desire to learn about Project Planning and Management at a high level. Yael's content and delivery meet my needs and I highly recommend this course to anyone involved in R&D.

SH
Mar 18, 2018

The course provided a good introductory lessons on project planning and management. The course was organized clearly with interesting exercises and the instructions were helpful. Thank you very much.

1376 - 1400 of 1,652 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By Arthur W

May 21, 2021

a great mix of explanations, cases, tools, and methodologies. I am happy that I have participated in the course. The information is a lot, what would be great, would be a small "PM booklet" at the end that combines all the information shortly. But other than that the course was very good.

By J R R D

Feb 2, 2020

I think this course provides of the essential of project management with a good lecturer and cases that provide an actual vision of the issues that may face when you are in site. This course will give the elemental tools to participate or collaborate in a new project management plan.

By Brian K C

A nice introduction to the field of project management for anyone who expects to take on small and medium sized projects in their workplace. I felt that the professor was a bit too fast at times in pace and I couldn't keep up with her while taking notes - but that could just be me.

By Vaishali U

Jul 1, 2020

It is a very basic course and is very good for beginners who have no idea of Project management. The course structure was light and did not involve too much information which is good for newcomers. It motivated me to take on a few more advanced level courses in project management.

By Fritha J

Nov 20, 2016

An overall excellent course. 4-stars are attributed purely because of the limitations of when a quiz can be re-sat (twice in 7 days). This elongated the duration of the course.

The material learnt within the course has been immediately applicable in my job - with success.

By Christian W

Sep 23, 2021

Interesting and inspiring course with helpful set of project tools. Minor optimisation proposal:

Provide a pre-filled MS Project file with example data shown in the slides. This would provide a playground for those who have MS Project license available.

Thanks Christian

By Prashant P

May 24, 2021

Good course the content & delivery both are praiseworthy. Giving it 4 stars only because there is problem with thee assessments even the correct answers are marked as wrong and leading to unnecessary frustration this is specific to week 1 , week 2 & week 3 assessment.

By Darryl N

Oct 3, 2020

This course provided a very systematic approach to project management. It gave insight into some of the successful tools in project management. Cost control was also emphasized in a project. A variety of planning and scheduling skills were also discussed in this course.

By Solange U

Aug 11, 2020

The course provides a good introduction on project planning and management. The course was organized clearly but sometimes it was too mathematical. However, the teacher makes it very accessible for beginners in project management! I highly recommend this course.

By Roosevelt Q

Jun 1, 2021

I enjoyed the course. It provided a solid foundation of basic project management principles and practices. I would like to see a few more formula examples provided in the earned value analysis section. I've always through that was a tough concept to grasp.

By Kamakhi P

Mar 11, 2021

This is a very good learning experience; for new comers, especially, it would be very useful, as it touches, project planning & concepts like critical path, tornado diagram, monte carlo analysis etc. in detail & also backs it with some very good examples.

By Cedric C

May 4, 2020

This was easy to follow and the quiz were great review. I like the fact that along with the video, the script was included. It made it simple to review specific areas of interest. I feel more confident about the topic today and how the tools are applied.

By Pablo N

Mar 9, 2016

I like the course but I have a problem:

Within the task and figure that I passed but within the "Tasks " section no. And I passed the rest of the work and I still do not get the course certificate. What should I do?

A lot of peoble have the same problem.

By Muzahida T

In the course “Fundamentals of Project Planning” I have learned the very detail of how to initiate, plan and execute a project. The course was very helpful to know about keeping tracks of project details. I hope it will help me in my upcoming career.

By Muhammad R K

Feb 20, 2021

I have taking other project management courses, but the depth and style of presentation by the course tutors is different and unique. It really add to my knowledge. Thanks to the tutors, University of Virginia and Coursera for this valuable course.

By ASHLEY G

Jun 1, 2020

This course was really interesting, cool and informative. I feel like it put my natural thoughts and processes in the field into and organized and teachable manner. It is easy to get lost but one has to pay attention and focus. Thank you.

By Janaka L

May 27, 2021

VERY GOOD COURSE CONTAINING FUNDATION OF PROJECT PLANING AND MANAGEMENT. I RECOMEND THIS COURSE TO SUITABLE FOR A BIGGNER. PRESENTATION AND EXPLANATIONS ARE WELL.

THANKS TO UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA FOR CONDUCTING THE COURSE WITHOUT A FEE.

By Chedza O P

Feb 17, 2018

I had a really wonderful time learning. She gave examples that were easy to learn. Made the calculations not look as overwhelming as they normally would to me. I'm very happy with the ease of learning and how much knowledge I picked up

By Luca B

Mar 30, 2016

The course is very well designed and the instructor is very clear and engaging! Moreover, a lot of useful tools and techniques are shown during sessions. Case studies could be improved, starting from the quality of videos and contents.

By Zoe G

Jun 11, 2017

Overall a good overview course. The course could have benefited from a wider variety of more complex examples. I was also disappointed that the instructor referred to all references to project managers as "him" or "he."

By Mahantesh L

Aug 18, 2021

I​ts been greately interesting & intriguing few weeks on this course, great to learn the project management fundamentals , concepts, wish could get little more in detail at palces. However its great course, thank you!

By Ilya L

Dec 27, 2015

It is a very good and intensive course of project management. Some pieces of information have been provided little bit balled, which made me make mistakes in quizzes. However I enjoyed all the stuff. Thanks a lot!

By Pratyush p s

May 16, 2020

Good course to know the fundamentals pf project planning and management. I would highly recommend it for starters. The instructor was easily able to explain the required tools and methodology with relative ease.

By Ashokkumar S

Dec 28, 2015

Excellent coaching by professor Yael Grushka Cockayne. Its explained in simple language that any one can easily understand. I happy with the way course moves and enjoying studying in my leisure time.

Ashokkumar S

By Yina G

Oct 31, 2016

This is a good fundamental course for the engineers like me who did not have any experience in the project management. I wish the course could include more examples to help us to understand better. Many thanks!