Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 12 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122)...

FG

Apr 02, 2020

It helped e to understand the specifications of project management in such ways. It is a really helpful education. I will apply mt earnings to my job and I am sure I will see the difference of my look

SH

Mar 19, 2018

The course provided a good introductory lessons on project planning and management. The course was organized clearly with interesting exercises and the instructions were helpful. Thank you very much.

151 - 175 of 1,073 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By Ranga A

Dec 03, 2018

i have learned lot of things with this course and it was very helpful in my day to day work life and also personal life.

Got knowledge about how to plan , process and execute a project keeping all the factors in mind.

By Aric S

Nov 15, 2015

This course was a very valuable introduction to project planning & management and the terminology and techniques used. It also provided a good amount of information and was not dragged out over a long period of time.

By Jean G R

Jul 06, 2020

This course was very informative especially for new project managers. Prof. Yael delivered very effective and interesting discussions. Thank you for imparting your knowledge in Project Planning and Management to us.

By Andrew L E

May 02, 2020

This is a very concise and well explained course for anyone in the PM business. It was a definite sharpening process for me. These refined skills will be put to use immediately. Thank you and wish you the very best.

By Ethan Z

Mar 25, 2020

I found this course to be very helpful in learning the fundamental principals of project management. An actual project simulation would be absolutely fantastic, but I realize that may be unrealistic in this setting.

By Wing T

Jun 23, 2018

Good overview of PM. Again, it is an introductory course so it tends to be broad, but not deep. Please don't expect too much. It is a course that will motivate you to continue on Project Management Path. Thank you.

By Maaz N

Apr 30, 2020

I LOVED MY EXPERIENCE WHILE STUDYING THIS COURSE, IT TOOK MY IMAGINATION REGARDING PROJECT MANAGEMENT AT AN DIFFERENT LEVEL.

I RECOMMEND IT ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE SEEKING TO SHARPEN THEIR SKILLS IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT.

By Chetan K

Jan 25, 2016

This is a really good course to learn the basics in project management. It was a very successful 1st step for me. I am looking forward to do more courses in PM. Thank you prof for making the course interesting. :)

By Andreu C R

Apr 19, 2020

This course is complete for getting started in the project management field. The teacher explains very clearly all the concepts in the course program. I highly recommend it if you want to specialize in this area.

By Jonathan T L

Sep 19, 2020

The experience was phenomenal. I gained much knowledge throughout this course. It wouldn't be possible for such an amazing lecturer! I am pleased with all that I have accomplished with the help of this course.

By Emily K

Sep 09, 2020

The course breaks down the processes and concepts into easy-to-understand pieces and short videos. It uses effective visuals and has one consistent sample project that learners can track throughout the course.

By Maria K

Oct 29, 2018

A very interesting and useful program that helps develop and improve the way of planning and fulfil a project. Gives you the appropriate skills in order to achieve the best result on a future project planning.

By Devang U

Jun 23, 2020

I really love the content and quizzes. I feel like, I've learned something new and important. Thanks to whole team for developing this course, thanks to the faculty ;for teaching in very amazing manner. Kudos

By Simone F

Feb 05, 2018

Interesting course! It provided me all the basic and main information of the project management aspects! Good example, clear, and helpful. Thank you to your help and sorry for my Englsh, I need to improve it.

By Ani

Jan 09, 2016

It is not fine that the courses close like every 3 months, I do this project with my school and we have just 1 hour a week so I have to change every time my courses wich I do not like. I only like this course

By Mattia C

The course is well-structured and well-organised. The topics are treated in a rather clear and informative manner by the teacher. I definitely recommend it to both new comers and experienced project managers

By Stephen C

Nov 07, 2016

Great course and i have feel that i have a better understanding of the fundamentals of project planning. There was so much that i never considered before and i will start to apply to my next future projects.

By CARLOS V

Dec 10, 2015

Great course!!!! The teacher was super clear, the concepts where really really awesome and well defined. The knowledge shared in this course is very practical, you can use the things your learned right away.

By Jackie L

Jan 25, 2016

This 4 week course helped prepare me for taking the CAPM test. Many of the topics covered were in the exam. I found the overall course extremely beneficial. I highly recommend this course and instructor.

By Jose H P D

Jul 05, 2020

This course was a great experience. Methodology of the teacher was clear and very helpful in my learning process. I recommend this course for people who wants to make deepening in project management world.

By ANKIT S

Jun 07, 2020

The course is easily design for developed a project and project planning .this course is good for the future to start-up a new idea.

Thanks To my Guide who teach us so well. Thanks University Of Virginia.

By Jomarie C

Apr 30, 2020

Great course! Easy to follow and very informative. For someone who is new to project planning and management, this course provides clear and well explained scenarios/samples. Thank you for the learnings!

By Feyyaz A G

Apr 02, 2020

By Josemaria L

Sep 07, 2020

Very informative, concise, and easy to digest. Provides a solid foundation / framework for approaching projects, with great tutorials on using software for analysis. Great experience overall, thanks!

By Hana B

Sep 18, 2017

Excellent course, presented in an easy English for non-native English speakers, with concrete examples and hands-on MS Projects demo. Thank you so much to the University of Virginia and to Mme Yael.